Global Ethylene-propylene Copolymers Market: Introduction
- Ethylene-propylene copolymers are amorphous, random, and rubbery polymers obtained from the polymerization of monomers by using Ziegler–Natta catalyst. These are synthetic rubbers having both specialty and general-purpose applications.
- Ethylene-propylene copolymers, also called ethylene-propylene rubbers, are valuable due to their excellent resistance to heat, oxidation, ozone, and weathering, owing to their stable and saturated polymer backbone structure
- Ethylene-propylene copolymers are non-polar elastomers that have good electric resistivity as well as resistance to polar solvents such as water, acids, alkalis, phosphate esters, ketones, and alcohols
- Ethylene-propylene copolymers are produced by using the metallocene-based manufacturing process and they have narrow molecular weight distribution. The narrow molecular weight distribution provides these copolymers with a defined melting point and high degree of purity.
- Most manufacturers operating in the global ethylene-propylene copolymers market offer ethylene-propylene copolymers for use in modification of rubbers and polyolefins. Ethylene-propylene copolymers are used as base polymers in thermoplastic adhesive systems. Another key application of these copolymers lies in the production of bitumen and TPO roofing membranes.
- Key end-user industries of ethylene-propylene copolymers include building & construction, automotive, and electrical & electronics (E&E). Ethylene-propylene diene monomers (EPDMs) are preferably used in electric insulation, gaskets, and for lamination.
- Demand for ethylene-propylene diene monomers is rising. Owing to environment-related issues in developed countries in Europe, manufacturers are striving to produce innovative products. This, in turn, increases the demand for ethylene-propylene copolymers.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Rising Demand for Ethylene-propylene Copolymers in Automobile Industry
- Increasing demand for ethylene-propylene copolymers in the global automobile industry is considered a key factor driving the global ethylene-propylene copolymers market
- Ethylene-propylene copolymers are used in the production of automotive weather-stripping and seals. These copolymers are used as a supplement in motor oils. They are also used in the manufacture of engine mounts, brake parts, and windshield wipers.
- Increase in the demand for industrial rubber for use in the manufacture of tires is another key factor fueling the demand for ethylene-propylene copolymers
- Research and development activities in automobile and automobile components industries are projected to revolutionize the global automobile rubber-molded components industry in the near future. Innovations (such as eco-friendly rubber components by using soy oil) and research labs trying to come up with better and durable rubber materials (such as EPDM) are anticipated to drive the demand for ethylene-propylene copolymers during the forecast period.
- Increase in the demand for lightweight automotive components for producing highly fuel efficient automobiles is likely to augment the global ethylene-propylene copolymers market during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Ethylene Propylene Copolymers Market
- In terms of region, the global ethylene-propylene copolymers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific accounts for a significant share of the global ethylene-propylene copolymers market, with the rising demand from the tire manufacturing sector in the region. With changing lifestyle and increasing purchasing power of people in the region, especially in China and India, vehicle sales are on the rise. China, India, Japan, and Malaysia are considered major markets for ethylene-propylene copolymers.
- End-user industries such as building & construction, industrial manufacturing, and electrical & electronics are also witnessing high demand for ethylene-propylene copolymers
- Increase in the demand for EPDMs (ethylene-propylene diene monomers), rising adoption of growth strategies, and increasing efforts for expansion are some of the major factors driving the ethylene-propylene diene monomers market in developing economies of Asia Pacific
Key Players Operating in Global
The global ethylene-propylene copolymers market is fragmented in nature, with the presence of various small, medium, and major players in the market. Prominent players operating in the global ethylene-propylene copolymers market are entering into partnerships for the development of advanced technologies for use in the production of ethylene-propylene copolymers.
Key players operating in the global ethylene-propylene copolymers market are:
- ExxonMobil Corporation
- JSR Corporation
- LANXESS AG
- Royal DSM
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Mitsui Chemicals
- Sumitomo Chemical Co.
- Crompton Corporation
Global Ethylene-Propylene Copolymers Market: Research Scope
Global Ethylene-Propylene Copolymers Market, by Product
- EPM (Ethylene-propylene Monomer)
- EPDM (Ethylene-propylene Diene Monomer)
Global Ethylene-Propylene Copolymers Market, by End-user
- Radiator and Heater Hoses
- Window and Door Seals
- O-rings & Gaskets
- Accumulator Bladders
- Wire and Cable Connectors
- Others (Including Diaphragms and Car Bumpers)
- Building & Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Ethylene-Propylene Copolymers Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.