Global Ethylene-propylene Copolymers Market: Introduction
- Ethylene-propylene copolymers are amorphous, random, and rubbery polymers obtained from the polymerization of monomers by using Ziegler–Natta catalyst. These are synthetic rubbers having both specialty and general-purpose applications.
- Ethylene-propylene copolymers, also called ethylene-propylene rubbers, are valuable due to their excellent resistance to heat, oxidation, ozone, and weathering, owing to their stable and saturated polymer backbone structure
- Ethylene-propylene copolymers are non-polar elastomers that have good electric resistivity as well as resistance to polar solvents such as water, acids, alkalis, phosphate esters, ketones, and alcohols
- Ethylene-propylene copolymers are produced by using the metallocene-based manufacturing process and they have narrow molecular weight distribution. The narrow molecular weight distribution provides these copolymers with a defined melting point and high degree of purity.
- Most manufacturers operating in the global ethylene-propylene copolymers market offer ethylene-propylene copolymers for use in modification of rubbers and polyolefins. Ethylene-propylene copolymers are used as base polymers in thermoplastic adhesive systems. Another key application of these copolymers lies in the production of bitumen and TPO roofing membranes.
- Key end-user industries of ethylene-propylene copolymers include building & construction, automotive, and electrical & electronics (E&E). Ethylene-propylene diene monomers (EPDMs) are preferably used in electric insulation, gaskets, and for lamination.
- Demand for ethylene-propylene diene monomers is rising. Owing to environment-related issues in developed countries in Europe, manufacturers are striving to produce innovative products. This, in turn, increases the demand for ethylene-propylene copolymers.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Rising Demand for Ethylene-propylene Copolymers in Automobile Industry
- Increasing demand for ethylene-propylene copolymers in the global automobile industry is considered a key factor driving the global ethylene-propylene copolymers market
- Ethylene-propylene copolymers are used in the production of automotive weather-stripping and seals. These copolymers are used as a supplement in motor oils. They are also used in the manufacture of engine mounts, brake parts, and windshield wipers.
- Increase in the demand for industrial rubber for use in the manufacture of tires is another key factor fueling the demand for ethylene-propylene copolymers
- Research and development activities in automobile and automobile components industries are projected to revolutionize the global automobile rubber-molded components industry in the near future. Innovations (such as eco-friendly rubber components by using soy oil) and research labs trying to come up with better and durable rubber materials (such as EPDM) are anticipated to drive the demand for ethylene-propylene copolymers during the forecast period.
- Increase in the demand for lightweight automotive components for producing highly fuel efficient automobiles is likely to augment the global ethylene-propylene copolymers market during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Ethylene Propylene Copolymers Market
- In terms of region, the global ethylene-propylene copolymers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific accounts for a significant share of the global ethylene-propylene copolymers market, with the rising demand from the tire manufacturing sector in the region. With changing lifestyle and increasing purchasing power of people in the region, especially in China and India, vehicle sales are on the rise. China, India, Japan, and Malaysia are considered major markets for ethylene-propylene copolymers.
- End-user industries such as building & construction, industrial manufacturing, and electrical & electronics are also witnessing high demand for ethylene-propylene copolymers
- Increase in the demand for EPDMs (ethylene-propylene diene monomers), rising adoption of growth strategies, and increasing efforts for expansion are some of the major factors driving the ethylene-propylene diene monomers market in developing economies of Asia Pacific
Key Players Operating in Global
The global ethylene-propylene copolymers market is fragmented in nature, with the presence of various small, medium, and major players in the market. Prominent players operating in the global ethylene-propylene copolymers market are entering into partnerships for the development of advanced technologies for use in the production of ethylene-propylene copolymers.
Key players operating in the global ethylene-propylene copolymers market are:
- ExxonMobil Corporation
- JSR Corporation
- LANXESS AG
- Royal DSM
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Mitsui Chemicals
- Sumitomo Chemical Co.
- Crompton Corporation
Global Ethylene-Propylene Copolymers Market: Research Scope
Global Ethylene-Propylene Copolymers Market, by Product
- EPM (Ethylene-propylene Monomer)
- EPDM (Ethylene-propylene Diene Monomer)
Global Ethylene-Propylene Copolymers Market, by End-user
- Radiator and Heater Hoses
- Window and Door Seals
- O-rings & Gaskets
- Accumulator Bladders
- Wire and Cable Connectors
- Others (Including Diaphragms and Car Bumpers)
- Building & Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Ethylene-Propylene Copolymers Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.