Ethoxy Benzoic Acid (EBA): Introduction
- Ethoxy benzoic acid (EBA) is also known as 2-Ethoxybenzoic acid. It is an organic compound. The molecular formula of EBA is C9H10O3. EBA is a carboxylic acid derived from benzoic acid. Being a derivative of benzoic acid, it is extensively used as a pharmaceutical intermediate.
- It is used in the production of Sildenafil intermediate 2-ethoxybenzoyl chloride in the pharmaceutical sector. In synthetic organic reactions, EBA is used as an organic building block during the reaction.
- EBA is also used in dental cements. Cement dental materials, with EBA as the primary component, are designed to produce a mechanical interlocking effect upon hardening inside the mouth. These dental cements usually consist of a basic powder (zinc oxide, aluminum oxide) and an acidic liquid (EBA) that are mixed together in a viscous paste immediately before use, setting to a hard mass. EBA cements have proper thermal and chemical resistance in the oral environment. These types of cement offer resistance to dissolution in oral fluids, and are non-irritating to pulp and gingiva. These cements are used as sedative bases in dental clinics.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Ethoxy Benzoic Acid (EBA) Market
- Rise in global demand for EBA can be ascribed to the intrinsic benefits of its usage. EBA plays a crucial role in various industries, especially in pharmaceutical and medical industries, wherein it is used as a pharmaceutical intermediate and building block in dental cement.
- Demand for EBA has been increasing in the dental sector, as it is significantly used in the production of dental cement. Rise in demand for EBA in the dental sector can be ascribed to the benefits offered by EBA such as exceptional higher co-efficient of thermal expansion, better physical properties than other substances used to produce dental cements such as zinc-oxide and eugenol; and better compressive, tensile, and shear strength. This is expected to propel the EBA market in the near future.
- India commands an important position in the global pharmaceutical sector. For instance, the country’s domestic pharmaceutical market turnover reached US$ 20.03 Bn in 2019, up 9.8% y-o-y from US$ 18.12 Bn in 2018. It is expected to rise further. Thus, expansion in the pharmaceutical sector indicates a positive outlook for the EBA market.
Ethoxy Benzoic Acid (EBA): Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global EBA market can be segmented into pharmaceutical, chemical, dental, and others
- The pharmaceutical segment holds major share of the global EBA market, led by rise in demand for active pharmaceutical ingredients around the globe
- The dental segment also accounts for vital share of the global EBA market. It is expected to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period.
Covid-19 Impact on Ethoxy Benzoic Acid (EBA) Market
- The outbreak of COVID-19 has led to adverse effects in many aspects such as flight cancellations; travel bans and quarantines; closure of restaurants; and restriction of indoor events. It has led to disruption of the supply chain; stock market volatility; falling business confidence, growing panic among the population, and uncertainty about future.
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials and shortage of labor. This is expected to hamper the EBA market to some extent in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Ethoxy Benzoic Acid (EBA) Market
- In terms of region, the global EBA market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for significant share of the global EBA market during the forecast period. Significant demand for EBA exists in developed regions owing to the proficient use of EBA to increase efficiency across various process industries. In developing countries, the EBA market is expected to expand due to technological advancements and growth in the pharmaceutical sector.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Ethoxy Benzoic Acid (EBA) Market
The global EBA market was consolidated in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global EBA market include:
- Zhengzhou Alfa Chemical Co., Ltd
- A. B. Enterprises
- Enerzone Pharma
- Yash Rasayan & Chemicals
- Solgeniz Industries
Global Ethoxy Benzoic Acid (EBA) Market: Research Scope
Global Ethoxy Benzoic Acid (EBA) Market, by Application
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.