Ethoxy Benzoic Acid (EBA): Introduction
- Ethoxy benzoic acid (EBA) is also known as 2-Ethoxybenzoic acid. It is an organic compound. The molecular formula of EBA is C9H10O3. EBA is a carboxylic acid derived from benzoic acid. Being a derivative of benzoic acid, it is extensively used as a pharmaceutical intermediate.
- It is used in the production of Sildenafil intermediate 2-ethoxybenzoyl chloride in the pharmaceutical sector. In synthetic organic reactions, EBA is used as an organic building block during the reaction.
- EBA is also used in dental cements. Cement dental materials, with EBA as the primary component, are designed to produce a mechanical interlocking effect upon hardening inside the mouth. These dental cements usually consist of a basic powder (zinc oxide, aluminum oxide) and an acidic liquid (EBA) that are mixed together in a viscous paste immediately before use, setting to a hard mass. EBA cements have proper thermal and chemical resistance in the oral environment. These types of cement offer resistance to dissolution in oral fluids, and are non-irritating to pulp and gingiva. These cements are used as sedative bases in dental clinics.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Ethoxy Benzoic Acid (EBA) Market
- Rise in global demand for EBA can be ascribed to the intrinsic benefits of its usage. EBA plays a crucial role in various industries, especially in pharmaceutical and medical industries, wherein it is used as a pharmaceutical intermediate and building block in dental cement.
- Demand for EBA has been increasing in the dental sector, as it is significantly used in the production of dental cement. Rise in demand for EBA in the dental sector can be ascribed to the benefits offered by EBA such as exceptional higher co-efficient of thermal expansion, better physical properties than other substances used to produce dental cements such as zinc-oxide and eugenol; and better compressive, tensile, and shear strength. This is expected to propel the EBA market in the near future.
- India commands an important position in the global pharmaceutical sector. For instance, the country’s domestic pharmaceutical market turnover reached US$ 20.03 Bn in 2019, up 9.8% y-o-y from US$ 18.12 Bn in 2018. It is expected to rise further. Thus, expansion in the pharmaceutical sector indicates a positive outlook for the EBA market.
Ethoxy Benzoic Acid (EBA): Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global EBA market can be segmented into pharmaceutical, chemical, dental, and others
- The pharmaceutical segment holds major share of the global EBA market, led by rise in demand for active pharmaceutical ingredients around the globe
- The dental segment also accounts for vital share of the global EBA market. It is expected to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period.
Covid-19 Impact on Ethoxy Benzoic Acid (EBA) Market
- The outbreak of COVID-19 has led to adverse effects in many aspects such as flight cancellations; travel bans and quarantines; closure of restaurants; and restriction of indoor events. It has led to disruption of the supply chain; stock market volatility; falling business confidence, growing panic among the population, and uncertainty about future.
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials and shortage of labor. This is expected to hamper the EBA market to some extent in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Ethoxy Benzoic Acid (EBA) Market
- In terms of region, the global EBA market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for significant share of the global EBA market during the forecast period. Significant demand for EBA exists in developed regions owing to the proficient use of EBA to increase efficiency across various process industries. In developing countries, the EBA market is expected to expand due to technological advancements and growth in the pharmaceutical sector.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Ethoxy Benzoic Acid (EBA) Market
The global EBA market was consolidated in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global EBA market include:
- Zhengzhou Alfa Chemical Co., Ltd
- A. B. Enterprises
- Enerzone Pharma
- Yash Rasayan & Chemicals
- Solgeniz Industries
Global Ethoxy Benzoic Acid (EBA) Market: Research Scope
Global Ethoxy Benzoic Acid (EBA) Market, by Application
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.