Endopeptidase Market: Introduction
- Endopeptidase is an enzyme that catalyzes the cleavage of peptide bonds within a polypeptide or protein. Endopeptidase or endoproteinase is a proteolytic peptidase that breaks peptide bonds of nonterminal amino acids (i.e. within the molecule).
- Endopeptidase is a group of hydrolases, which catalyze the hydrolysis of peptidic bonds, and thus hydrolyze proteins. These enzymes are also very chemo-, regio- and enantioselective, which are active under soft reaction conditions. Endopeptidase has been traditionally employed in the alimentary industry (fabrication of cheese, quality improvement of bread, and preparation of soil proteins). It is usually specific for certain amino acids. Examples of endopeptidases include trypsin, chymotrypsin, elastase, thermolysin, pepsin, glutamyl endopeptidase, and neprilysin.
- The global endopeptidase market can be segmented into product type and application
Key Drivers of Endopeptidase Market
- Advancement in the medical industry has boosted the endopeptidase market, as endopeptidase is used in clinical pathology for diagnostic purposes. Rise in demand for neprilysin in immunochemistry, lymphomas, and leukemia; and in veterinary medicine is expected to drive the global endopeptidase market during the forecast period.
- Increase in usage of endopeptidase in the food industry is anticipated to propel the market during the forecast period. Endopeptidase is widely used to manufacture cheese and bread. It is also employed in various applications in food manufacturing. Growth of the food industry is driving the global endopeptidase market.
- The use of endopeptidase enzymes in the textile industry is an example of white/industrial biotechnology, which allows the development of environmentally-friendly technologies in fiber processing
Restraints of Endopeptidase Market
- Rise of vegan options in the food industry is likely to hamper the endopeptidase market. Advancement in enzymology, molecular biology, and screening techniques provides options for the development of new enzyme-based procedures for a more environmentally-friendly approach in the textile industry. This is also projected to restrain the market during the forecast period.
COVID-19 impact on Endopeptidase Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for endopeptidase in many applications. Governments of various countries across the globe have enforced lockdowns to curb the spread of the disease. This has resulted in slowdown and temporary halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure bottlenecks. This is adversely affecting the endopeptidase market.
- Key players operating in the endopeptidase market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these players are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The industrial shutdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic has created minor disruption in the supply chain. However, the market is expected to recover in the near future.
Europe to Constitute Significant Share of Global Endopeptidase Market
- In terms of region, the global endopeptidase market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe dominated the global market in 2020, led by the presence of key manufacturers in the region such as Novozymes, AB Enzymes, and DSM. High consumption of endopeptidase in food manufacturing is also boosting the endopeptidase market in the region.
- Asia Pacific is also one of the key consumers of endopeptidase. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a faster pace than that in other regions during the forecast period. Expansion of medical and food industries is expected to drive the endopeptidase market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Competitive Landscape of Global Endopeptidase Market
Major players operating in the global endopeptidase market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations. The market is currently witnessing fierce competition among several leading players. Key players operating in the market include:
- AB Enzymes
- Aum Enzymes
- Sunhy Group
Global Endopeptidase Market: Research Scope
Global Endopeptidase Market, by Product Type
Global Endopeptidase Market, by Application
Global Endopeptidase Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.