Ear Tube Devices Market: Introduction
- Ear tubes are small cylinders inserted into the middle ear to allow air via the eardrum (tympanic membrane). These can also be referred as tympanostomy tubes, myringotomy tubes, ventilation tubes, or pressure equalization (PE) tubes. These tubes can be made of plastic, metal, or Teflon, and have a coating designed to minimize the risk of infection.
- The two basic forms of ear tubes are short-term and long-term. Short-term tubes are narrower and usually remain in place before dropping out on their own for six months to a year. Long-term tubes are larger and have flanges, which for a longer period of time secure them in place. Long-term tubes can fall out on their own, but an otolaryngologist is often required to remove these.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Ear Tube Devices Market
- Increase in ear tube surgeries in children drives demand for ear tubes, which in turn boosts the growth of the global ear tube devices market. The average insertion age for ear tubes is one to three years, and about half a million ear tube operations are carried out on children every year, making it the most common childhood procedure done.
- Increase in cases of acute otitis media is projected to fuel the growth of the global ear tube devices market. Nearly 80% children are affected by acute otitis media (AOM) during their first five years of life. The cumulative global AOM incidence rate is 10.85% i.e., 709 million cases per year, of which, 51% occur in children aged <5 years.
- However, stringent regulatory requirements, lack of product innovation, and high cost of surgeries are anticipated to hamper the growth of the market
- Governments in developing countries are making significant investments to modernize health care infrastructure, which is likely to increase access to health care. This is expected to drive the demand for ear tube devices. Surge in ear surgeries in developing countries presents lucrative opportunities in the global ear tube devices market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Ear Tube Devices Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global ear tube devices market due to rise in technological advancements in ear tube devices and presence of leading players in the region. Moreover, rise in acceptance of new technological developments, increase in number of key companies, and surge in inclination toward invasive operations of ENT are the major drivers of the ear tube devices market in the region.
- The ear tube devices market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to expansion of health care infrastructure. Moreover, surge in pediatric population and rise in ear infections are expected to propel the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Ear Tube Devices Market
The global ear tube devices market is highly consolidated due to the presence of small number of leading players. These players hold major share in their respective regions. Demand for products to treat chronic diseases has increased in emerging as well as developed markets. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global ear tube devices market.
Major players operating in the global ear tube devices market are listed below:
- Olympus America
- Grace Medical
- Summit Medical, Inc.
- Adept Medical
- Anthony Products, Inc.
- Teleflex Medical Europe Ltd.
- DTR Medical Ltd.
- AventaMed Ltd.
- Preceptis Medical
- Other Prominent Players
Global Ear Tube Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Ear Tube Devices Market, by Material Type
- Fluoroplastic Tube
- Silicone Tube
- Metal Tube
Global Ear Tube Devices Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- ENT Clinics
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.