Ear Tube Devices Market: Introduction
- Ear tubes are small cylinders inserted into the middle ear to allow air via the eardrum (tympanic membrane). These can also be referred as tympanostomy tubes, myringotomy tubes, ventilation tubes, or pressure equalization (PE) tubes. These tubes can be made of plastic, metal, or Teflon, and have a coating designed to minimize the risk of infection.
- The two basic forms of ear tubes are short-term and long-term. Short-term tubes are narrower and usually remain in place before dropping out on their own for six months to a year. Long-term tubes are larger and have flanges, which for a longer period of time secure them in place. Long-term tubes can fall out on their own, but an otolaryngologist is often required to remove these.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Ear Tube Devices Market
- Increase in ear tube surgeries in children drives demand for ear tubes, which in turn boosts the growth of the global ear tube devices market. The average insertion age for ear tubes is one to three years, and about half a million ear tube operations are carried out on children every year, making it the most common childhood procedure done.
- Increase in cases of acute otitis media is projected to fuel the growth of the global ear tube devices market. Nearly 80% children are affected by acute otitis media (AOM) during their first five years of life. The cumulative global AOM incidence rate is 10.85% i.e., 709 million cases per year, of which, 51% occur in children aged <5 years.
- However, stringent regulatory requirements, lack of product innovation, and high cost of surgeries are anticipated to hamper the growth of the market
- Governments in developing countries are making significant investments to modernize health care infrastructure, which is likely to increase access to health care. This is expected to drive the demand for ear tube devices. Surge in ear surgeries in developing countries presents lucrative opportunities in the global ear tube devices market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Ear Tube Devices Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global ear tube devices market due to rise in technological advancements in ear tube devices and presence of leading players in the region. Moreover, rise in acceptance of new technological developments, increase in number of key companies, and surge in inclination toward invasive operations of ENT are the major drivers of the ear tube devices market in the region.
- The ear tube devices market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to expansion of health care infrastructure. Moreover, surge in pediatric population and rise in ear infections are expected to propel the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Ear Tube Devices Market
The global ear tube devices market is highly consolidated due to the presence of small number of leading players. These players hold major share in their respective regions. Demand for products to treat chronic diseases has increased in emerging as well as developed markets. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global ear tube devices market.
Major players operating in the global ear tube devices market are listed below:
- Olympus America
- Grace Medical
- Summit Medical, Inc.
- Adept Medical
- Anthony Products, Inc.
- Teleflex Medical Europe Ltd.
- DTR Medical Ltd.
- AventaMed Ltd.
- Preceptis Medical
- Other Prominent Players
Global Ear Tube Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Ear Tube Devices Market, by Material Type
- Fluoroplastic Tube
- Silicone Tube
- Metal Tube
Global Ear Tube Devices Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- ENT Clinics
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.