Digital Distribution Transformer Solutions Market - Overview
A digital distribution transformer solution is an intelligent transformer that is employed to facilitate better asset management while optimizing cost and enhancing reliability. It basically operates on an expandable platform, which helps make informed decisions about the health and grid conditions of the transformer. The performance data is collected from sensors. It is stored and analyzed within the transformer, offering understanding of how it operates. This provides industries with vital information regarding installations such as data centers, in order to make decisions about maintenance and performance of transformers and support the management of assets. This also includes activities such as optimizing of system performance, scheduling of maintenance, and planned asset replacement. In addition, digital distribution transformer solutions help in reducing on-hand inventory and avoiding prolonged interruptions during operations. Digital distribution transformer solutions are used to calculate the transformer’s consumed life as well as store, measure, and trend the operating data. The solution also uses reliable sensing technology with industrial computing components, which integrates directly into the digital distribution transformer during the manufacturing process. The digital distribution transformer comprises unique sensing and computing functionality that guarantees data accuracy, which is further synchronized to facilitate predictive analytics.
Digital Distribution Transformer Solutions Market - Drivers & Restraints
The global digital distribution transformer solutions market is expanding, due to advantages offered by these solutions such as maximum reliability and optimization of maintenance and operating costs. These solutions also help manage the assets more efficiently. These solutions use connected devices and cloud computing to generate data for a wide range of customers. Digital distribution transformer solutions is one of the new innovations that integrate sensing technology directly with the transformer during the manufacturing process. This results in higher accuracy rate. In addition, these solutions help in downloading of the real-time data. This data and analytics output can be stored for more than 20 years. In addition, digital distribution transformer solutions assist in the measurement of key operating parameters of transformers and identification of operational trends or reasons for failure.
Digital Distribution Transformer Solutions Market - Segmentation
The global digital distribution transformer solutions market can be segmented based on deployment, application, and geography. Based on deployment, the market can be classified into cloud and server. In terms of application, the digital distribution transformer solutions market can be divided into residential, commercial, renewable energy, industrial, data centers, oil, gas & chemical, and others. The oil, gas & chemical segment is anticipated to expand at a considerable rate during the forecast period. This is attributable to the fact that, with the help of digital distribution transformer solutions, key operating parameters can be measured and that one have insights into the condition of grid.
Based on geography, the global digital distribution transformer solutions market can be categorized into North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa. The digital distribution transformer solutions market in Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a substantial growth rate during the forecast period, due to increase in the adoption of advanced technologies and high focus on technological innovations in the region. There are several new and distributed sources of energy that call for higher flexibility. This is driving the need for better automation and digitalization. For instance, on March 6, 2018, ABB introduced the world’s first digital distribution transformer in GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) at the Dubai World Trade Center. This digital distribution transformer was first released in 2017 and is now commercially available in all countries in GCC.
Digital Distribution Transformer Solutions Market – Key Players
The global digital distribution transformer solutions market is characterized with presence of several key players. Major players in the digital distribution transformer solutions market compete with each other based on product attributes such as price and quality. One of the key players operating in the global market is ASEA Brown Boveri (ABB).
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.