Device-to-Device Communication System: Introduction
- Device-to-device (D2D) communication systems are used to relay data information directly between devices without access to fixed wireless infrastructure. Device-to-device (D2D) communication systems allow various devices to directly exchange data without access points or base stations.
- Device-to-device (D2D) communication systems were originally proposed in cellular networks to enhance network performance. Device-to-device communication systems are mostly used in cellular offloading, public safety services, content distribution, vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communication, and others.
- Device-to-device communication technology reduces the power consumption of cellular communications, enhances the coverage, as well as increases the overall throughput.
- The global device-to-device communication system market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to advancement in technologies, increasing digitalization, and emergence of next generation communication systems across the globe.
Global Device-to-Device Communication System Market: Dynamics
Global Device-to-Device Communication System Market: Key Drivers
- Device-to-device communication systems offer several advantages such as increasing resource utilization, enhanced cellular coverage, and increased spectrum and energy efficiency. This, in turn, is driving the implementation of D2D communication, which significantly boosts the growth of the market.
- Rapid infrastructure development, continuous digitalization, autonomous computing, and collaboration among devices have generated demand for emerging technology device-to-device (D2D) communication systems across the globe.
- Rising trend of emerging technology, and growing demand for next-generation networks along with the rising demand for direct transmission between devices is expected to fuel the device-to-device communication system market during the forecast period.
- However, technical challenges related to device-to-device communications systems and the coexistence of conventional cellular communication (CC) may hamper the growth of the device-to-device communications system market to a certain extent.
- Nevertheless, the rising popularity of D2D communication systems for use in licensed band, coupled with the integration of a number of features of 5G networks with device-to-device (D2D) communication systems is expected to create huge demand for device-to-device communication systems in the near future.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Device-to-Device Communication System Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. Countries across the globe are using advance and digital technologies to tackle the COVID-19 impact. These advance and digital technologies strongly rely on the availability of communication systems. Device-to-device communication systems improve spectrum utilization, decreases latency, and improves energy efficiency. Thus, rising demand for device-to-device communication systems during the pandemic is projected to indirectly propel the global device-to-device communication system market in the next few years.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of the Global Device-to-Device Communication System Market
- In terms of region, the global device-to-device communication system market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific dominated the global device-to-device communication system market in 2020. Rising investment in the telecom sector along with the growing use of advanced technology in China, Japan, and South Korea, is generating demand for D2D communication systems, which is anticipated to boost the device-to-device communication system market in the region.
- The market in North America is likely to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the rising integration of D2D communication to enhance its utility in existing cellular systems, thus generating demand for device-to-device communication systems in the region.
Global Device-to-Device Communication System Market: Competition Landscape
Several players are active in the device-to-device communication system market with a strong presence. Rapid technological advancements and the emergence of 5G have created significant opportunities in the global device-to-device communication system market.
Key Players Operating in the Global Device-to-Device Communication System Market Include:
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
- Intel Corporation
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Rohde & Schwarz
- Huawei Technologies
- Nokia Corporation
Global Device-to-Device Communication System Market: Research Scope
Global Device-to-Device Communication System Market, by Component
Global Device-to-Device Communication System Market, by D2D Communication Type
- Inband D2D Communication
- Outband D2D Communication
Global Device-to-Device Communication System Market, by Application
- Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V) Communication
- Public Safety Services
- Content Distribution
- Cellular Offloading
Global Device-to-Device Communication System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.