Desmutting Agent Market: Introduction
- A desmutting agent is a chemical compound which is primarily used to remove dark spots from the metal surface. It is often used as an additive in chemical polishing and chemical treatment of aluminum and its alloys. A desmutting agent is commonly a mixture of nitric acid, ferric sulfate, and hydrochloric acid in an aqueous solution.
- A desmutting agent is used as a light-emitting agent for metal alloys. Owing to its ability to impart radiance appearance to the metal surface and its eco-friendly nature, a desmutting agent is often used in the metal processing industry.
- Aluminum is extensively used as a substrate material, plated with other various metals to improve its specific properties such as corrosion resistance. In addition, being a highly reactive metal, aluminum forms stable oxides on exposure to the environment. Thus, it requires activation and special preparation of the surface for cleaning and plating operations. This, in turn, is likely to generate requirement for smut-removing agents for cast aluminum, die cast aluminum, and aluminum alloys of high silicate type.
Key Drivers of Global Desmutting Agent Market
- Smut is a combination of metals and metal oxides, which remain after cleaning or etching. Also, smut loosely adheres onto the metal surface, thereby inhibiting the formation of conversion coating and inhibiting paint adhesion. However, as the metal surface of aluminum and its alloys is extensively exposed to chemical and mechanical treatments, a dark coating is formed on the surface. This dark coating contaminates the processing solution and corrodes the metal surface and hence, it needs to be removed. This factor drives the desmutting agent market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Nitric Acid Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Nitric acid is one of the most common choices of non-etching deoxidizing agents, owing to its ability to slowly attack aluminum and its autocatalytic abilities as an oxidizer. Nitric acid solutions, with acid concentrations ranging from 25% to 70%, are commonly used as desmutting agents on aluminum alloys. In addition, desmutting agents are used with light-duty solutions and for attaining a satin-type finish, without losing the shine of the finished metal.
- Nitric acid is often used in solutions with sulfuric acid and fluoride-containing salts, due to its ability to chemically attack a wide range of metallic smuts composed of metals such as copper, iron, magnesium. However, formation of toxic fumes of nitrogen oxides (NOx) in baths containing nitric acid leads to concerns about the environment. This, in turn, is anticipated to hamper the nitric acid segment of the global desmutting agent market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Desmutting Agent Market
- Geographically, the global market for desmutting agents can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is the leading market for desmutting agents, followed by North America and Europe. Substantial growth of the industrial sector in the region is expected to fuel the desmutting agent market in the region in the next five years. Rising domestic as well as foreign investments in a wide range of industries including energy, manufacturing, and construction are expected to drive the desmutting agent market in Asia Pacific between 2019 and 2027.
- The desmutting agent market in North America is expected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period. Favorable government policies to boost the manufacturing sector are expected to act as a key driving factor for the market in the region during the forecast period. Additionally, increased investments in construction activities in the region are expected to boost the demand for desmutting agents in North America in the near future.
- Rising imports of desmutting agents in Latin America and Middle East & Africa are likely to boost the market in both these regions during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Desmutting Agent Market
The global desmutting agent market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for a major share of the global market. A few of the key players operating in the global market are:
- SLS CHEM&TECH
- CIS Pharma
- Nippon Hyomen Kagaku
- OKUNO CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES CO., LTD.
- Shenzhen ODM Technology
Global Desmutting Agent Market: Research Scope
Global Desmutting Agent Market, by Type
- Nitric Acid
- Chromic Acid
Global Desmutting Agent Market, by Application
- Aluminum Alloy
- Magnesium Alloy
- Steel & Stainless Steel
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.