Desmutting Agent Market: Introduction
- A desmutting agent is a chemical compound which is primarily used to remove dark spots from the metal surface. It is often used as an additive in chemical polishing and chemical treatment of aluminum and its alloys. A desmutting agent is commonly a mixture of nitric acid, ferric sulfate, and hydrochloric acid in an aqueous solution.
- A desmutting agent is used as a light-emitting agent for metal alloys. Owing to its ability to impart radiance appearance to the metal surface and its eco-friendly nature, a desmutting agent is often used in the metal processing industry.
- Aluminum is extensively used as a substrate material, plated with other various metals to improve its specific properties such as corrosion resistance. In addition, being a highly reactive metal, aluminum forms stable oxides on exposure to the environment. Thus, it requires activation and special preparation of the surface for cleaning and plating operations. This, in turn, is likely to generate requirement for smut-removing agents for cast aluminum, die cast aluminum, and aluminum alloys of high silicate type.
Key Drivers of Global Desmutting Agent Market
- Smut is a combination of metals and metal oxides, which remain after cleaning or etching. Also, smut loosely adheres onto the metal surface, thereby inhibiting the formation of conversion coating and inhibiting paint adhesion. However, as the metal surface of aluminum and its alloys is extensively exposed to chemical and mechanical treatments, a dark coating is formed on the surface. This dark coating contaminates the processing solution and corrodes the metal surface and hence, it needs to be removed. This factor drives the desmutting agent market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Nitric Acid Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Nitric acid is one of the most common choices of non-etching deoxidizing agents, owing to its ability to slowly attack aluminum and its autocatalytic abilities as an oxidizer. Nitric acid solutions, with acid concentrations ranging from 25% to 70%, are commonly used as desmutting agents on aluminum alloys. In addition, desmutting agents are used with light-duty solutions and for attaining a satin-type finish, without losing the shine of the finished metal.
- Nitric acid is often used in solutions with sulfuric acid and fluoride-containing salts, due to its ability to chemically attack a wide range of metallic smuts composed of metals such as copper, iron, magnesium. However, formation of toxic fumes of nitrogen oxides (NOx) in baths containing nitric acid leads to concerns about the environment. This, in turn, is anticipated to hamper the nitric acid segment of the global desmutting agent market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Desmutting Agent Market
- Geographically, the global market for desmutting agents can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is the leading market for desmutting agents, followed by North America and Europe. Substantial growth of the industrial sector in the region is expected to fuel the desmutting agent market in the region in the next five years. Rising domestic as well as foreign investments in a wide range of industries including energy, manufacturing, and construction are expected to drive the desmutting agent market in Asia Pacific between 2019 and 2027.
- The desmutting agent market in North America is expected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period. Favorable government policies to boost the manufacturing sector are expected to act as a key driving factor for the market in the region during the forecast period. Additionally, increased investments in construction activities in the region are expected to boost the demand for desmutting agents in North America in the near future.
- Rising imports of desmutting agents in Latin America and Middle East & Africa are likely to boost the market in both these regions during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Desmutting Agent Market
The global desmutting agent market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for a major share of the global market. A few of the key players operating in the global market are:
- SLS CHEM&TECH
- CIS Pharma
- Nippon Hyomen Kagaku
- OKUNO CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES CO., LTD.
- Shenzhen ODM Technology
Global Desmutting Agent Market: Research Scope
Global Desmutting Agent Market, by Type
- Nitric Acid
- Chromic Acid
Global Desmutting Agent Market, by Application
- Aluminum Alloy
- Magnesium Alloy
- Steel & Stainless Steel
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.