Desmutting Agent Market: Introduction
- A desmutting agent is a chemical compound which is primarily used to remove dark spots from the metal surface. It is often used as an additive in chemical polishing and chemical treatment of aluminum and its alloys. A desmutting agent is commonly a mixture of nitric acid, ferric sulfate, and hydrochloric acid in an aqueous solution.
- A desmutting agent is used as a light-emitting agent for metal alloys. Owing to its ability to impart radiance appearance to the metal surface and its eco-friendly nature, a desmutting agent is often used in the metal processing industry.
- Aluminum is extensively used as a substrate material, plated with other various metals to improve its specific properties such as corrosion resistance. In addition, being a highly reactive metal, aluminum forms stable oxides on exposure to the environment. Thus, it requires activation and special preparation of the surface for cleaning and plating operations. This, in turn, is likely to generate requirement for smut-removing agents for cast aluminum, die cast aluminum, and aluminum alloys of high silicate type.
Key Drivers of Global Desmutting Agent Market
- Smut is a combination of metals and metal oxides, which remain after cleaning or etching. Also, smut loosely adheres onto the metal surface, thereby inhibiting the formation of conversion coating and inhibiting paint adhesion. However, as the metal surface of aluminum and its alloys is extensively exposed to chemical and mechanical treatments, a dark coating is formed on the surface. This dark coating contaminates the processing solution and corrodes the metal surface and hence, it needs to be removed. This factor drives the desmutting agent market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Nitric Acid Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Nitric acid is one of the most common choices of non-etching deoxidizing agents, owing to its ability to slowly attack aluminum and its autocatalytic abilities as an oxidizer. Nitric acid solutions, with acid concentrations ranging from 25% to 70%, are commonly used as desmutting agents on aluminum alloys. In addition, desmutting agents are used with light-duty solutions and for attaining a satin-type finish, without losing the shine of the finished metal.
- Nitric acid is often used in solutions with sulfuric acid and fluoride-containing salts, due to its ability to chemically attack a wide range of metallic smuts composed of metals such as copper, iron, magnesium. However, formation of toxic fumes of nitrogen oxides (NOx) in baths containing nitric acid leads to concerns about the environment. This, in turn, is anticipated to hamper the nitric acid segment of the global desmutting agent market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Desmutting Agent Market
- Geographically, the global market for desmutting agents can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is the leading market for desmutting agents, followed by North America and Europe. Substantial growth of the industrial sector in the region is expected to fuel the desmutting agent market in the region in the next five years. Rising domestic as well as foreign investments in a wide range of industries including energy, manufacturing, and construction are expected to drive the desmutting agent market in Asia Pacific between 2019 and 2027.
- The desmutting agent market in North America is expected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period. Favorable government policies to boost the manufacturing sector are expected to act as a key driving factor for the market in the region during the forecast period. Additionally, increased investments in construction activities in the region are expected to boost the demand for desmutting agents in North America in the near future.
- Rising imports of desmutting agents in Latin America and Middle East & Africa are likely to boost the market in both these regions during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Desmutting Agent Market
The global desmutting agent market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for a major share of the global market. A few of the key players operating in the global market are:
- SLS CHEM&TECH
- CIS Pharma
- Nippon Hyomen Kagaku
- OKUNO CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES CO., LTD.
- Shenzhen ODM Technology
Global Desmutting Agent Market: Research Scope
Global Desmutting Agent Market, by Type
- Nitric Acid
- Chromic Acid
Global Desmutting Agent Market, by Application
- Aluminum Alloy
- Magnesium Alloy
- Steel & Stainless Steel
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.