Copper Chromated Arsenic: Introduction
- Chromated copper arsenic (CCA) is a waterborne wood preservative injected into wood by pressure impregnation. The active ingredients in CCA are chromium (47.5%), arsenic (34.0%), and copper (18.5%). The combined action of these three active ingredients makes CCA extraordinarily effective as a wood preservative. When it comes to action, copper acts as a fungicide; arsenate, a form of arsenic, is an insecticide; and chromium binds the ingredients to the wood.
- Chromated copper arsenic is a highly popular wood preservative in use for more than 75 years. It offers timber long-term protection against attack by wood-destroying fungi, insect larvae, and termites as it is a water-borne preservative. This wood preservative is applied by impregnation into the timber by vacuum pressure at a timber treatment plant.
- Chromated copper arsenic can be utilized for hazard classes H1 to H5, where H levels represent the level or degree of biological hazard that timber would be exposed to in a specified application. The appropriate level of treatment (H1, H2, H3, H4 or H5) describes the extent of preservative treatment (retention and penetration) required when combined with the timber’s natural durability to protect the wood against the identified biological hazard.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Copper Chromated Arsenic Market
- Increasing agricultural activities throughout the world, due to a boost in research & development in the agricultural sector, is anticipated to drive the global copper chromated arsenic market in the near future and owing to the benefits offered by copper chromated arsenic as a wood preservative. Additionally, it offers long term protection to timber by protecting it from the attack of wood-destroying fungi, insect larvae and termites. For instance, timber offers long-term protection against attack by wood-destroying fungi, insect larvae, and termites.
- Emerging economies such as China, India, Japan, and South Korea, are focusing on infrastructure development and urbanization by connecting urban and rural areas. Thus, consistent increase in the demand for CCA in building & fencing and highway expansion applications is fueling the global copper chromated arsenic market.
- CCA has been banned in some residential wood products due to environmental factors. This is likely to hamper the global copper chromated arsenic market in the near future.
Copper Chromated Arsenic Market: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global copper chromated arsenic market can segmented into agricultural timber & poles, building & fencing, utility poles, highway and others
- The agricultural timber & poles segment is expected to hold a significant share of the global market due to rising agricultural activities throughout the world
- The building & fencing segment is projected to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period, owing to a rise in infrastructure development activities and urbanization
Asia Pacific to Dominate Global Copper Chromated Arsenic Market
- In terms of region, the global copper chromated arsenic market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global copper chromated arsenic market. In India, presence of abundant agricultural land and increasing research & development activities are boosting agricultural activities, which in turn is estimated to fuel the market for copper chromated arsenic in India in near future.
- The market in North America, followed by Europe, is expected to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period, owing to a rise in infrastructure development and increasing urbanization in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Copper Chromated Arsenic Market
The global copper chromated arsenic market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have a prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global copper chromated arsenic market include:
- Dolphin Bay
- Goodfellow Inc
- Jinan Delan Chemicals
- CRM Yingtan
- Foshan Liyuan Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Nantong BoDa Biochemistry Co.,Ltd
Global Copper Chromated Arsenic Market: Research Scope
Global Copper Chromated Arsenic Market, by Application
- Agricultural Timber & Poles
- Building & Fencing
- Utility Poles
Global Copper Chromated Arsenic Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.