Content Protection and Watermarking: Introduction
- The overlaying of a logo or part of a text on a document or image file is an important process for both copyright protection and the commercialization of digital works. This is known as watermarking.
- Watermarks are mostly used to defend content material and to claim ownership of content. Without watermarks, valuable digital assets may become vulnerable to content theft or unlawful use.
- The content protection and watermarking solution provides an additional layer of security for the content protection chain to prevent the illegal use of content by inserting watermarks that allow legitimate use of the content on a music or movie soundtrack before the presentation of packaged media (DVD, Blu-ray discs) and online digital distribution.
- When playing and copying material, the devices read the watermark. If the watermark indicates it is illegal to use, playback and copying will stop or the sound will be muted, and an explanatory message can be displayed.
- Understandably, watermarks are the best security practice, but cost and complications often prevent content creators from effectively enforcing them. The amount of material produced can explode exponentially, but so can the range of techniques that support this increase.
- Content protection and watermarking helps content owners protect film, audio, and video entertainment content in all release windows, Safe content without compromising on the consumer entertainment experience.
Global Content Protection and Watermarking Market: Dynamics
Global Content Protection and Watermarking Market: Key Drivers
- Increasing cases of content fraud and duplication are expected to drive the content protection and watermarking market. Some content providers can misuse them in various ways. In a simple case, creation is copied, redistributed, or resold in its original form. Content protection and watermarking thus generates growth opportunities in the market to deal with these issues.
- The increase in Internet bandwidth and increasing consumption of premium content on smartphones, PCs, tablets, laptops, and smart TVs have led to increased use of content protection systems in these electronic media. The devices can use content protection and watermarking systems to ensure authorized access.
- The global content protection and watermarking market is growing due to the increasing number of web shopping sites that use web protection for safe payments. E-commerce applications, modified one-to-one services, and access to databases are vulnerable to risks such as changing the identity of documents. Many online services take a watermark-based approach to protect the digital identity of documents.
- Some companies offer their digital watermarking software for free, making part of their profit by charging copyright owners annual fees to maintain internet contact information. This factor is expected to restrain the adoption of content protection and watermarking.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Content protection and Watermarking Market
- COVID-19 has a significant impact on businesses and the global economy in addition to severe public health implications. In the course of the further development of the pandemic, companies need to reconfigure and rethink their work modules in the changing world.
- COVID-19 has a positive impact on the content protection and watermarking market due to the increased usage of mobile devices and various content-based websites and apps. This is projected to drive the market in the next few years.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Content Protection and Watermarking Market
- The global content protection and watermarking market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Many of the major players in content protection and watermarking are based in North America, due to concerns about data loss and theft that drives the evolution of the market. Additionally, the popularity of premium content in the North American region has led several large and local players to initiate content protection and watermarking solutions.
- Technological advances and innovative features in Asia Pacific creates growth opportunities for the content protection and watermark market in the region, encouraging players to expand their market share. Many companies started adopting content protection and watermarking due to high demand for privacy and security restrictions in Asia Pacific countries.
Global Content Protection and Watermarking Market: Competition Landscape
- Prominent players offering content protection and watermarking include castLabs, Adobe Systems, and other market players in content protection and watermark.
- castLabs, ContentArmor, and CineSend deliver forensically watermarked DRM-protected content to more than 100 virtual film festivals around the world. CineSend uses the DRMtoday solution from castLabs in conjunction with the company's cloud-based service Video Toolkit for the secure processing and distribution of content.
Key players operating in the global content protection and watermarking market include:
- Arterial Remodeling Technologies
- Johnson& Johnson
- Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Biotronik Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- Tepha, Inc.
- Kyoto Medical Planning Co. Ltd
- Arterius Limited
- Amaranth Medical, Inc.
- Medtronic plc
- Reva Medical, Inc.
Global Content Protection and Watermarking Market: Research Scope
Global Content Protection and Watermarking Market, by Industry
- Media and Entertainment
Global Content Protection and Watermarking Market, by Application
- Mobile Gaming
- Mobile Content
- Video on Demand (VOD)
Global Content Protection and Watermarking Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.