Contactless Thermometer Market: Introduction
- The temperature of the human body can be measured in numerous ways. Earlier, body temperature was measured using contact thermometers that were placed on the forehead or in the mouth, ear, armpit, or rectum (in case of children).
- An instrument capable of measuring the temperature of a surface from a distance, ranging from a few inches to a few feet, is called a contactless thermometer
- The three major types of contactless thermometers are:
- Non-contact infrared thermometers (NCITs)
- Tympanic thermometers
- Thermal scanners
- NCITs are held approximately three to fifteen cm away from the patient’s forehead or temple in order to measure the body temperature
- Tympanic thermometers measure the thermal radiation from the tympanic membrane and within the ear canal
- Thermal scanners can be utilized to measure body temperature from a greater distance as compared to that of other non-contact thermometers. Hence, these can be used for mass screening purposes.
Key Drivers of Global Contactless Thermometer Market
- Rise in prevalence of infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, is projected to increase the demand for contactless thermometer. Most people who suffer from COVID-19 experience mild to moderate symptoms, such as fever, and recover without special treatment. Thus, an increase in the need for screening tests in public places such as shopping malls, bus/train stations, airports, offices, and schools, to prevent COVID-19 spread has increased the demand for these devices.
- Increase in awareness among people regarding contactless thermometers and life threatening disease outbreaks are anticipated to boost the global contactless thermometer market
- Technological advancements in contactless thermometers are expected to boost the adoption these devices in emerging economies worldwide. This, in turn, is likely to fuel the global market in the next few years.
Restraints of Global Contactless Thermometer Market
- High cost associated with contactless thermometer have restrained the market worldwide
- Low disposable income in developing and underdeveloped economies has hampered the contactless thermometer market
North America to Lead Global Contactless Thermometer Market
- In terms of region, the global contactless thermometer market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global contactless thermometer market in 2019, and the trend is projected to continue during the forecast period. Presence of leading players operating in the contactless thermometers market and easy availability are major factors driving the contactless thermometer market in the region.
- Europe was the second-largest market after North America, as it was severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The contactless thermometer market in the region is anticipated to rise further due to an increase in awareness about infectious diseases.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to a rise in the prevalence of infectious diseases, improvement in veterinary technologies, and rapid urbanization.
- The market in Middle East & Africa are projected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period due to absence of prominent players in the region and high cost of the device
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Contactless Thermometer Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Microlife Corporation
- Braun (Helen of Troy, Inc.)
- OMRON Corporation
- iSnow-Med Technology Co., Ltd.
- Testo SE & Co. KGaA
- DiaMedical USA Equipment LLC
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- FLIR Systems, Inc.
- Fluke Corporation
Global Contactless Thermometer Market: Research Scope
Global Contactless Thermometer Market, by Type
- Non-contact infrared thermometers (NCITs)
- Tympanic thermometers
- Thermal scanners
Global Contactless Thermometer Market, by Application
Global Contactless Thermometer Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.