A chalk line reel also called chalk box is a simple hand device which consists of a box with a reel of thread inside it. The box is filled with chalk powder and thread which gets coated with chalk powder. This thread is reeled out and used to make straight lines on surfaces. The product is useful to impart a straight line to provide accurate guiding lines for leveling, cutting, and many other tasks. Several models of chalk lines in different types, and sizes of box are available. Chalk lines come in standard and compact type based on reel size and powder holding capacity. Europe and North America hold dominant share in the global chalk line reel market owing to significant growth rate and also a growing construction industry. Asia Pacific and South America are also expected to show significant growth rate in the market during the forecast period due to growing infrastructure industry in these regions.
Chalk Line Reel Market – Competitive Landscape
The chalk line reel market has several international and domestic manufacturers. Leading market players are focusing on further innovation in products and business expansion to expand their market share across the globe.
- In August 2019, Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation announced a new product named 100ft and 150ft Extra Bold Large Capacity Chalk Reels to make the layout process easier and productive. The new product has extra features such as extra-large quick turn opening and a stable refill base that makes the product more attractive.
- Growing number of local players in the global chalk line reel market is expected to hamper the market growth. Local products are much cheaper compared to premium products. Low quality products may reduce the sales of premium products and also affect the product quality. However, focusing on product innovation and quality is expected to deal with this issue.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a brochure here
Major players in the chalk line reel market are boosting investment in R&D for new product launch and to widen their product portfolio to meet the growing demand across the globe.
Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation
Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation was founded in 1924 and has headquarters in Brookfield, Wisconsin. Company involve in manufacturing of power tools for professional usage. It produces around 500 tools and also 3500 accessories.
Transline was established in 1984 and is known as a manufacturer and distributor for traffic control products, traffic safety supplies, pavement marking materials, and marking and removal equipment. The company’s headquarters is in Grand Prairie, Texas, the U.S. Transline Industries, Inc. is a brand shared by three companies, namely Centerline Supply, Trantex, and Florida Transcor.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Keson was founded in 1968 in Berwyn, Illinois, the U.S. Sola was set up in 1949 in Goetzis, Austria. In 2018, both companies jointly formed a new company named Keson LLC. Keson has a well-established distribution network and manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Sola is a European company involved in precision engineering.
Several international and domestic players are active in the market which includes Dewalt, Tajima Industries Ltd., Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., SNA Europe, Apex Tool Group LLC., Kapro Industries Ltd., OX Group International and others
Chalk Line Reel Market – Dynamics
Growth in construction industry expected to boost the chalk line reel market across the globe
Growing construction industry is a major driver of the chalk line reel market. Additionally, growing disposable income, tremendous urbanization, changing lifestyle, and growing economies are some of the other driving factors encouraging the growth of the chalk line reel market. Overall, the global chalk line reel market is expected to witness positive growth during the forecast period.
Rising number of local vendors with low quality products expected to hamper the market growth in the coming years
The global chalk line reel market is fragmented into several international and local manufacturers. Easy entry to the market is expected to increase the threat of local vendors who offer low quality products. This is expected to hamper the market growth during the forecast period.
Chalk Line Reel Market – Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the chalk line reel market is segmented into:
- Standard Chalk Line Reel
- Compact Chalk Line Reel
Based on material, the chalk line reel market is segmented into:
- Others (Polyester etc.)
In terms of distribution channel, the chalk line reel market can be bifurcated into:
- Hypermarkets/ Supermarkets
- Departmental Store
- Specialty Store
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.