Cellulose Acetate Propionate Market: Introduction
- Cellulose acetate propionate is a free-flowing powder with low-odor. It is especially used in printing inks and clear overprint varnishes, and nail lacquer topcoats due of its wide solubility in ink solvents and compatibility with other resins used in printing inks.
- Cellulose acetate propionate exhibits excellent anti-blocking properties. Its grease resistance is superior to that of many other film formers. Cellulose acetate propionate helps reduce surface defects such as pinholes and craters; and typically improves wetting, block resistance, adhesion, and solvent release, thus enabling faster print and coat speeds when used in inks and coatings.
Key Drivers of Global Cellulose Acetate Propionate Market
- The global cellulose acetate propionate market is driven by the increase in application of cellulose acetate propionate in various products such as printing inks and coating products. The chemical compound is used to clear overprint varnishes. It is also used as a film coating material.
- Cellulose acetate propionate is primarily employed as a pharmaceutical excipient due to its solubility that is dependent on the pH of aqueous media. Cellulose acetate propionate-based enteric coatings are resistant to acidic gastric fluids, but are easily soluble in mildly basic medium of the intestine.
- Enactment of supportive regulatory framework by various regulatory bodies, such as the FDA and the EPA, is driving the global cellulose acetate propionate market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Film Coating Application Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Based on application, the film coating segment dominated the global cellulose acetate propionate market in 2018, owing to the extensive usage of film coatings in the pharmaceutical industry. The film coating segment is anticipated to expand at a significant pace owing to the increase in demand for cellulose acetate propionate for controlled release formulations in film coatings for capsules and tablets.
- The cellulose acetate propionate compound is used to form rigid capsule in microencapsulation. Furthermore, it can be employed as a supporting material during the usage of the spray drying technique in the pharmaceutical industry.
Availability of Substitutes to Hamper the Market for Cellulose Acetate Propionate
- Easy availability of substitutes is expected to hamper the market for cellulose acetate propionate during the forecast period.
- Key substitutes of cellulose acetate propionate include other cellulose compounds such as cellulose acetate butyrate, which are available at low cost
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share for Global Cellulose Acetate Propionate Market
- In terms of region, the global cellulose acetate propionate market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is the major region of the global cellulose acetate propionate market. Growth in the pharmaceutical industry in countries of Asia Pacific is expected to boost the demand for cellulose acetate propionate in the region. Furthermore, easy availability of raw materials is estimated to augment the production of cellulose acetate propionate in the region.
- Presence of a well-established pharmaceutical sector in North America is the major factor driving the consumption of cellulose acetate propionate in the region. The market in Europe has been expanding significantly. The region is experiencing high demand for pharmaceutical products obtained from natural derivatives.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global cellulose acetate propionate market is highly consolidated with a few large players dominating the market. The market includes a large number of domestic and international market players. Integration by key players from procurement of raw material to distribution of the final product across the value chain is also a key strategy adopted in this market. Additionally, companies operating in the cellulose acetate propionate market are conducting research in low-cost production methods to produce chemicals by investing significantly in research and development activities.
Key players operating in the global cellulose acetate propionate market include:
- Daicel Corporation
- China National Tobacco Corporation
- Acordis Cellulostic Fibers Inc.
- Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corporation
- Sichuan Push Acetati LLC
- Solvay SA
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Rayonier Advanced Materials Inc.
- Celanese Corporation and Sappi Limited
Global Cellulose Acetate Propionate Market: Research Scope
Global Cellulose Acetate Propionate Market, by Application
- Film Coatings
- Printing Inks
Global Cellulose Acetate Propionate Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.