Casein Glue: Introduction
- Casein glue is a type of an adhesive made from milk protein. It offers strong adhesion property over a long period of time and is resistant to water. However, it has a longer drying time.
- Casein-based glues are formulated from casein, hydrated lime, water, and sodium hydroxide. Casein glue is primarily used in applications such as woodworking, labeling, and aircraft. Casein glue is also used in transformer board manufacturing owing to its oil permeability. However, casein glue can be largely replaced with synthetic resins.
Key Drivers of Global Casein Glue Market
- The global casein glue market is expected to expand at a steady pace due to rise in usage of the glue in various applications such as labeling, packaging, furniture making, and printing
- Increase in consumption of various types of packaging products, owing to growth in the packaging sector, is expected to fuel the demand for casein glue
- Enactment of numerous regulations on petrochemical-based products and increase in demand for natural polymer adhesives are estimated to propel the demand for casein glue in the near future
- Natural glues are being replaced by synthetic glues; however, casein glue is still used effectively in various applications such as woodworking, printing, packaging, furniture production, bonding labels on containers, and book and box bindings
Label Bonding Application Segment to Expand at Significant Pace
- Casein glue is primarily used in label bonding applications owing to its water resistant property. This is expected to propel the demand for casein glue in the labeling sector. Expansion of the packaging industry is further driving the demand for casein glue in packaging, printing, and labeling applications.
- In wood bonding, casein glue offers superior adhesion strength as compared to other plant and animal glues. Casein glue also offers better moisture resistance and aging characteristics compared to other natural glues. Casein also is used to improve the adhering characteristics of paints and coatings.
Covid-19 Impact on Casein Glue Market
- The global COVID-19 pandemic has led to a sudden pause in manufacturing activities across the globe, thereby affecting the demand for various products. The pandemic has also impacted the availability of a variety of renewable chemicals including casein glue. The current disruption in trade is estimated to severely impact the availability of chemical stocks in import-dependent countries.
- Certain segments of the market such as labeling and packaging are witnessing a steady growth owing to rise in demand for various packaging products. This is projected to augment the demand for casein glue in the near future. Easing of restrictions on trade and public discourse about restarting economic activities in the consumer goods market space indicate the recovery of demand for casein glue.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Casein Glue Market
- In terms of region, the global casein glue market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a major consumer of casein glue across the globe. The region is likely to witness a significant rise in demand for the glue in the near future owing to expansion of packaging and wood working industries in the region.
- Increase in demand for natural adhesives in various end-use industries, such as furniture manufacturing, product labeling, packaging, and paints & coatings, is projected to fuel the demand for casein glue during the forecast period
- North America and Europe followed Asia Pacific in terms of demand for casein glue in 2019. Germany, France, and the U.K. are key countries of the market in Europe. The casein glue market in North America and Europe is estimated to expand owing to various factors such as increase in demand for natural adhesives and implementation of stringent regulations against the use of petrochemical-based adhesives and resins in these regions.
Key Players Operating in the Market
The global casein glue market is fragmented, with the presence of a number of domestic players. Expansion, acquisition, joint venture, and collaboration are key strategies adopted by major players to expand their presence in the global casein glue market.
Key players operating in the global casein glue market include:
- Clarion Casein Ltd.
- Forest and Wood Products Australia Ltd.
- Carst & Walker
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
Global Casein Glue Market: Research Scope
Global Casein Glue Market, by Application
- Label Bonding
- Wood Working
Global Casein Glue Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.