Bulk-Acoustic-Wave (BAW) resonators picks out electric signals in a selected frequency band, with the use of the vibration of the bulk of the piezoelectric substrate. The bulk acoustic wave resonators are the electromechanical devices used in broad range of radio frequency applications that offers frequency control, selection and signal processing capabilities. A bulk acoustic wave (BAW) resonator consists of a first electrode induced over a substrate, a piezoelectric layer is disposed over the first electrode, and a second electrode is disposed over the first piezoelectric layer. A bridge is established within the piezoelectric layer, where the bridge is surrounded by piezoelectric material of the piezoelectric layer. The bulk acoustic resonator processes incoming signal resonances to filter different frequencies of radio waves.
The major driving factor for the growth of the bulk acoustic wave resonators market are its low loss, small form factor, and high performance with high selectivity. The other benefits offered by the bulk acoustic wave resonators is that it enhances the power handling and linearity of the device volume by eliminating consumption of planer chip area. It also enables the very large scale integration allowing multi frequency and multi band filters on a single chip. One of the restraining factor that restricts the growth of the bulk acoustic wave resonator market is weaker thermal conduction path. The thermal path for heat generation in the device is important in the design structure of the bulk acoustic wave resonator. In BAW, the heat has conduction path in the substrate from where heat can be spread. However, with the increasing frequencies, the size of the BAW resonators decreases, making them more suitable for the demanding 4G and 5G applications. In addition, due to the less sensitivity to variable temperature at broad bandwidths the bulk acoustic wave resonators offers extremely low loss and thus anticipated to boost the growth of the bulk acoustic wave resonators market.
Some of the major players in global bulk acoustic wave resonators market are Teledyne microwave Solutions, Infineon Technologies AG, Broadcom, Qorvo, Inc., API Technologies, Skyworks Solutions, Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd, and Akoustis Technologies among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.