Buccal Tubes Market: Overview
- Buccal tube is an orthodontic small metal part welded on the outside of molar bands. Buccal tube contains slots to hold archwires, lip bumpers, facebows, and other devices to move the teeth.
- The global buccal tubes market is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to the increased demand for buccal tubes to correct orofacial problems such as crooked teeth, misaligned jaw, etc.
Key Drivers of Global Buccal Tubes Market
- Millions of individuals worldwide suffer from oro-dental problems. Malocclusion is an oro-dental condition prevalence of which is usually high in adolescents with permanent or mixed dentition. According to the Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry, the occurrence of malocclusion is more than 30% globally. The use of buccal tubes to treat oro-dental problems is expected to drive the buccal tubes market during the forecast period.
- Technological advancements in buccal tubes is also an important factor that is anticipated to increase its use. For instance, Leone S.p.A. uses the MIM (Metal Injection Molding) technology to develop buccal tubes, which provides excellent durability and fit. This is expected to fuel the demand for buccal tubes during the forecast period.
- Companies operating in the global buccal tubes market are expanding their product portfolio and improving their distribution networks. They have adopted strategies, such as mergers & acquisitions, development of new products, joint ventures, and expansions to cater to the increasing demand for buccal tubes in different regions.
To Know More about TMRs Unique Offerings for Buccal Tubes Market, Request a Brochure here
Allergies Related to Dental Materials to Hamper Market
- Artificial metallic implants and various restorative materials within the mouth interact continually with physiological fluids. Traditionally, several elements, such as nickel, cobalt, and chromium were reported to be contact allergens. However, gold and palladium have drawn attention recently, as the prevalence of contact allergy to these alloys is. Metal allergies can lead to minor dermatitis and can become as severe as an eczematous eruption in people sensitive to high metal containing products.
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Buccal Tubes Market
- North America is the leading consumer of buccal tubes, followed by Asia Pacific and Europe. The U.S. is the key market in the region. The U.S. accounts for more than 80% of the demand for buccal tubes in North America. According to American Dental Association, in 2017, 1,875 children per 100,000 were reported with malocclusion. This is expected to surge the demand for buccal tubes in the U.S.
- The global buccal tubes market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, followed by Europe. This market growth in Asia Pacific can be attributed to the increase in awareness about oral health and rise in health care expenditure in the region.
- The buccal tubes market in Middle East & Africa is expected to grow, owing to significant rise in the burden of oral diseases due to poor awareness about the importance of oral health and high disposable income.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your Business for Future, Ask for a Custom Report here
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global buccal tubes market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 30%–40% of the market share. Key players operating in the global buccal tubes market include:
- G&H Orthodontics
- Ormco Corporation
- Ortho Organizers, Inc.
- Dentsply Sirona
- Leone S.p.A.
- DENTAURUM GmbH & Co. KG
- Adenta GmbH
- DB Orthodontics
Global Buccal Tubes Market: Research Scope
Global Buccal Tubes Market, by Product Type
Global Buccal Tubes Market, by Material
Global Buccal Tubes Market, by End-user
- Dental Clinics
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.