Artificial Electronic Superskin: Introduction
- Artificial electronic superskin is a solar powered skin made of super stretchy, flexible, and durable polymer solar cells that are able to generate electricity
- Artificial electronic superskin consists of thin transistors, made of a highly elastic rubber layer, which and are molded into a grid of tiny inverted pyramids. These thin transistors are the brain of the artificial superskin, as they are touch sensitive and are utilized to detect certain markers or a certain protein that can be associated with some kind of disease to identify.
- Artificial electronic superskin is employed to detect a particular biological molecule or even the touch-down pressure of a fly. It is expected to help detect a disease by sensing the biomarker proteins that are correspondent to individual diseases. Additionally, fitting robots with superskins and enabling the robots to detect by touch, whether a person has some disease-confirming biomarker, or sense the sweat of a person and conclude the person is drunk.
- Sensors in the artificial electronic skin contain several hundred thousand to 25 million pyramids per square centimeter that correspond to the desired level of sensitivity of the skin
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Artificial Electronic Superskin Market
Key Drivers of Global Artificial Electronic Superskin Market
- Rise in transition toward renewable energy devices is likely to offer significant opportunities to manufacturers of artificial electronic superskin, as it uses solar energy for generation of electricity. This is expected to drive the global market for artificial electronic superskin during the forecast period.
- Rise in spread of COVID-19 pandemic has compelled several nations to upgrade their health infrastructure. Artificial electronic superskins would prove helpful for medical and healthcare facilities around the world, as it is able to detect certain diseases and eliminate infections in humans caused via touch.
- Rise in investment in medical and healthcare infrastructure around the globe is estimated to propel the artificial electronic superskin market during the forecast period
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Restraints of Global Artificial Electronic Superskin Market
- Artificial electronics superksins are not readily available and could be extremely expensive when available, which in turn is likely to hamper the artificial electronic superskin market during the forecast period
- Maintenance of electronics superskins could be even more expensive and defects in robots incorporated with electronic skin could lead to accidents, which is anticipated to further restrain the market during the forecast period.
- Researchers at the National University of Singapore have developed an artificial electronic superskin called "Asynchronously Coded Electronic Skin” (ACES). The innovative technology enables simultaneous and quick transmission of sensory perception information from over 10,000 sensors with high precision and resolution.
- In November 2019, researchers from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in New York, U.S., developed a new method to 3D print living skin with built-in blood vessels. This living skin construct is cultured in vitro and develops into an interconnected microvascular network underneath a layered barrier of skin cells.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The global economy has been hampered by the measures put in place to contain the COVID-19 pandemic. Medical healthcare and solar industries are also estimated to face immediate challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic such as difficulty in adhering to the social distancing norms, shortage of manpower, lack of parts & equipment, and discerning expenditure by end-users.
- Currently, the solar industry imports almost 80% of all of its equipment and parts in the value chain from China. The COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected the manufacturing capacities of China. Most ship container companies have stopped functioning out of ports in China. Major economies such as India have stopped transportation of goods from China.
Europe to Hold Major Share of Global Artificial Electronic Superskin Market
- Based on region, the global artificial electronic superskin market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is likely to dominate the global artificial electronic superskin market during the forecast period. High investments, especially by governments of countries such as Germany, and technological advancements are projected to drive the market in the region from 2020 to 2030.
- On the other hand, in the U.S. in North America, the artificial electronic superskin market is likely to benefit from multi-year federal tax incentives and several state-level policies that are estimated to promote medical and healthcare infrastructure in the next few years.
- Asia Pacific is projected to offer significant opportunities to the global artificial electronic superskin market during the forecast period, due to a rise in concerns about epidemic and pandemic disease. Additionally, government tariffs and policies promoting the use of solar technology are expected to propel the artificial electronic superskin market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Product is in development stage
Global Artificial Electronic Superskin Market, Research Scope
Global Artificial Electronic Superskin Market, by Application
- Medical & Healthcare
- Semiconductor Industry
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.