Artificial Electronic Superskin: Introduction
- Artificial electronic superskin is a solar powered skin made of super stretchy, flexible, and durable polymer solar cells that are able to generate electricity
- Artificial electronic superskin consists of thin transistors, made of a highly elastic rubber layer, which and are molded into a grid of tiny inverted pyramids. These thin transistors are the brain of the artificial superskin, as they are touch sensitive and are utilized to detect certain markers or a certain protein that can be associated with some kind of disease to identify.
- Artificial electronic superskin is employed to detect a particular biological molecule or even the touch-down pressure of a fly. It is expected to help detect a disease by sensing the biomarker proteins that are correspondent to individual diseases. Additionally, fitting robots with superskins and enabling the robots to detect by touch, whether a person has some disease-confirming biomarker, or sense the sweat of a person and conclude the person is drunk.
- Sensors in the artificial electronic skin contain several hundred thousand to 25 million pyramids per square centimeter that correspond to the desired level of sensitivity of the skin
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Artificial Electronic Superskin Market
Key Drivers of Global Artificial Electronic Superskin Market
- Rise in transition toward renewable energy devices is likely to offer significant opportunities to manufacturers of artificial electronic superskin, as it uses solar energy for generation of electricity. This is expected to drive the global market for artificial electronic superskin during the forecast period.
- Rise in spread of COVID-19 pandemic has compelled several nations to upgrade their health infrastructure. Artificial electronic superskins would prove helpful for medical and healthcare facilities around the world, as it is able to detect certain diseases and eliminate infections in humans caused via touch.
- Rise in investment in medical and healthcare infrastructure around the globe is estimated to propel the artificial electronic superskin market during the forecast period
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Restraints of Global Artificial Electronic Superskin Market
- Artificial electronics superksins are not readily available and could be extremely expensive when available, which in turn is likely to hamper the artificial electronic superskin market during the forecast period
- Maintenance of electronics superskins could be even more expensive and defects in robots incorporated with electronic skin could lead to accidents, which is anticipated to further restrain the market during the forecast period.
- Researchers at the National University of Singapore have developed an artificial electronic superskin called "Asynchronously Coded Electronic Skin” (ACES). The innovative technology enables simultaneous and quick transmission of sensory perception information from over 10,000 sensors with high precision and resolution.
- In November 2019, researchers from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in New York, U.S., developed a new method to 3D print living skin with built-in blood vessels. This living skin construct is cultured in vitro and develops into an interconnected microvascular network underneath a layered barrier of skin cells.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The global economy has been hampered by the measures put in place to contain the COVID-19 pandemic. Medical healthcare and solar industries are also estimated to face immediate challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic such as difficulty in adhering to the social distancing norms, shortage of manpower, lack of parts & equipment, and discerning expenditure by end-users.
- Currently, the solar industry imports almost 80% of all of its equipment and parts in the value chain from China. The COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected the manufacturing capacities of China. Most ship container companies have stopped functioning out of ports in China. Major economies such as India have stopped transportation of goods from China.
Europe to Hold Major Share of Global Artificial Electronic Superskin Market
- Based on region, the global artificial electronic superskin market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe is likely to dominate the global artificial electronic superskin market during the forecast period. High investments, especially by governments of countries such as Germany, and technological advancements are projected to drive the market in the region from 2020 to 2030.
- On the other hand, in the U.S. in North America, the artificial electronic superskin market is likely to benefit from multi-year federal tax incentives and several state-level policies that are estimated to promote medical and healthcare infrastructure in the next few years.
- Asia Pacific is projected to offer significant opportunities to the global artificial electronic superskin market during the forecast period, due to a rise in concerns about epidemic and pandemic disease. Additionally, government tariffs and policies promoting the use of solar technology are expected to propel the artificial electronic superskin market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Product is in development stage
Global Artificial Electronic Superskin Market, Research Scope
Global Artificial Electronic Superskin Market, by Application
- Medical & Healthcare
- Semiconductor Industry
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.