Global Archival Data Storage Market: Introduction
Archival data storage is a form of storage designed for data which is not needed at present but needs to be stored so that it can be retrieved in the future, if necessary. Usually, backup systems often allow for archiving records. Corporates and government organizations of various countries have started to understand the value of a secure long-term archival storage policy for their sensitive data records. However, sectors such as BFSI and healthcare that use insurance record management and medical imaging have a long tradition of electronic archival storage. Other sector companies have also started to adopt archival data storage to save their data for the long term.
Global Archival Data Storage Market: Dynamics
- Government Regulations for Data Storage
- Increase in government compliance for data storage plays a key role in the growth of the market. In certain sectors complying with policy and business, data protection laws are necessary. Various legislations are being placed in motion to determine the duration of record-keeping and a data management system that guarantees the reliability and easy retrieval of electronic documents. For example, Global laws such as SEC 17a-4, Sarbanes-Oxley, and Basel II have a significant impact on the global archival data storage market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America Led Global Market in 2018
- Based on the region, the global archival data storage market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America held a dominant share of the global archival data storage market in 2018. It is expected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are the major countries that drive the market in this region. Rapid adoption of cloud technologies by corporations in North America has provided the country a leading role in the global market for archival data storage.
- The archival data storage market in the Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. India, China, Japan, and Australia are major countries of the archival data storage market in the region.
Healthcare & BFSI Accounted for Major Market Share in 2018
- Based on end-user, the archival data storage market is segmented into BFSI, entertainment, education, healthcare, IT & telecommunication, military & defense, and others. Healthcare & BFSI combined held the largest market share in 2018 and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period. Growing online financial transactions across the globe and increase in demand for reduction of primary data storage cost have provided the dominant position to the segment in the market.
Looking for exclusive expert insights from business experts? Request a custom report here
Key Players Operating in the Global Archival Data Storage Market
Key players operating in the global archival data storage market are listed below:
- Cohesity, Inc.
- Google, LLC
- Information Business Machine Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Red Hat
- SolarWinds MSP
Global Archival Data Storage Market: Research Scope
Global Archival Data Storage Market, by End-user
- IT & Telecommunication
- Military & Defense
Figure: Global Archival Data Storage Market, by End-user
Global Archival Data Storage Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Figure: Global Archival Data Storage Market, by Region
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.