Aquaculture Chemicals Market: Introduction
- Farming of aquatic plants, mollusks, fish, crustaceans, algae, and other aquatic organisms is termed as aquaculture. The process includes growing aquatic organisms under controlled conditions in fresh water and sea water in order to attain high production. Aquaculture is aimed to develop aquaculture products, largely for the food & beverages industry. Aquaculture chemical compounds help boost the immunity of organisms. They protect aquatic animals from different types of infections and provide them with basic nutrients. They contain nutrient and energy sources, which are essential for growth of fish. Aquaculture chemicals act as food supplements for aquatic animals and, in turn, boost their health and growth.
- In addition, aquaculture contributes to creation of healthier marine habitats and regeneration and restoring of rare fish species. Effective aquaculture practices are safeguarded by gaining control over the quality of water and retaining it in order to improve overall biological productivity.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Aquaculture Chemicals Market
- Increasing awareness regarding various health benefits offered by additives used to promote fish growth is a major factor estimated to drive the global aquaculture chemicals market during the forecast period. Additionally, rise in the disposable income and increase in the spending capacity of individual’s fuel the demand for aquaculture chemicals.
- Increase in the adoption of aquaculture chemicals, owing to rise in government regulations regarding usage of the insect protein in products and growth in awareness among key manufacturers regarding various advantages offered by aquaculture chemicals, is a key factor boosting the global aquaculture chemicals market. In addition, rise in investments by government agencies in the global aquaculture industry, especially for production of advanced aquaculture chemicals, is boosting the demand for these chemicals. This is another factor expected to drive the global aquaculture chemicals market in the near future. In addition, increase in the demand for high-quality fish-based products in developing as well as developed economies is another factor anticipated to boost the global aquaculture chemicals market during the forecast period.
- However, stringent environment-related regulations regarding fish catching are expected to restrain the global market during the forecast period
Rise in Demand for Aquaculture Chemicals for Aquatic Animals
- Based on product, the global aquaculture chemicals market can be divided into amino acids, antibiotics, vitamins, feed acidifiers, and others (including anesthetic & sedation materials and anti-parasitic products). The amino acids segment is anticipated to account for a major share of the global market, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period. Amino acids are widely utilized, owing to their high nutritional value.
- In terms of culture, the global aquaculture chemicals market can be classified into freshwater, brackish water, and marine. In terms of revenue, the brackish water segment is expected to hold a major share of the global market during the forecast period.
- Based on species, the global aquaculture chemicals market can be divided into aquatic plants, seaweeds, microalgae, aquatic animals, finfish, and others (including crustaceans and mollusks). In terms of revenue, the aquatic animals segment is anticipated to account for a major share of the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period, owing to rising demand for protein-rich food in developing countries in the region such as Bangladesh, Indonesia, India, and Vietnam.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Europe: A Key Market for Aquaculture Chemicals
- In terms of region, the global aquaculture chemicals market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, Asia Pacific is expected to account for a significant share of the global aquaculture chemicals market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in the number of government initiatives for the adoption of aquaculture chemicals along with favorable climatic conditions in the region. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to witness rapid growth during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to rising demand for aquaculture chemicals in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Aquaculture Chemicals Market
- Key players are consistently focusing on the development of enhanced-quality aquaculture chemicals with the objective to expand their product offerings as well as gain a competitive edge in the global aquaculture chemicals market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Ridley Corporation Limited
- Aller Aqua Group
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- BASF SE
- Biomin Holding GmbH
- Skretting A.S.
- Evonik Industries AG
Global Aquaculture Chemicals Market: Research Scope
Global Aquaculture Chemicals Market, by Product
- Amino Acids
- Feed Acidifiers
- Others (Including Anesthetic & Sedation Materials and Anti-parasitic Products)
Global Aquaculture Chemicals Market, by Culture
- Brackish Water
Global Aquaculture Chemicals Market, by Species
- Aquatic Plants
- Aquatic Animals
- Others (Including Crustaceans and Mollusks)
Global Aquaculture Chemicals Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.