Amino Acid Derivatives: Introduction
- Amino acids and their derivatives belong to a compound containing carboxyl group and amino group. They exist in free-state and bound-state forms.
- Derivatives of free amino acids are present in all types of animal cells and body fluids, while the derivatives of bound amino acids are basic components of proteins and peptides. Amino acid derivatives are building blocks for active ingredients that are utilized in cosmetic, pharmaceutical, nutrition, and health products.
- Biotechnological is a popular method to produce amino acids. This biotechnology based production is expensive, but plays an important role in the production of amino acids. Modern biotechnology is applied to increase the production yield. However, enzyme catalysis is expected to remain the popular method used for the production of amino acids and its derivatives during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Amino Acid Derivatives Market
- The global amino acid derivatives market is primarily driven by the increase in demand for amino acid derivatives for usage in nutrition & nutraceutical industry. Amino acid derivatives are used in nutrient supplements, as these promote tissue growth, energy production, immune function, and nutrient absorption.
- Usage of amino acid derivatives in cosmetic peptides encourages anti-wrinkling and anti-aging properties. Increase in demand for cosmetic peptides in cosmetic products is anticipated to boost the demand for amino acid derivatives. Thus, rise in demand for amino acid derivatives in the cosmetic industry is projected to drive the global amino acid derivatives market.
Amino Acid Derivatives Market: Segments
- The amino acid derivatives market can be segmented based on purity, derivative type, and end-use industry
- Based on purity, the global amino acid derivatives market can be bifurcated into < 99% and ≥ 99%. The ≥ 99% segment holds major share of the market. Amino acid derivatives with ≥ 99% purity are extensively employed in pharmaceutical and nutraceutical applications, as they possess exceptional properties to produce peptides.
- In terms of derivative type, the amino acid derivatives market can be segregated into coupling reagents; N-BOC-amino acids; N-Fmoc-amino acids; N-Z-amino acids; esters of amino acids; amides of amino acids; L-, DL- & D-amino acids; and others. The L-, DL- & D-amino acids segment is estimated to hold major share of the global amino acid derivatives market in the near future. Derivatives of L-, DL- & D-amino acids function as a neurotransmitter, biosynthesizer, and nutritional supplements materials.
- Based on end-use industry, the amino acid derivatives market can be divided into biotechnology & pharmaceuticals, nutrition & nutraceuticals, cosmetics, and others. The biotechnology & pharmaceutical segment accounted for major share of the global amino acid derivatives market in 2020. Amino acid derivatives are widely used in the pharmaceutical industry owing to their hypoglycemic, antiketogenic, antibacterial, and antifungal properties.
COVID-19 Impact on Amino Acid Derivatives Market
- Emergence of the new COVID strain in many developed and developing countries has adversely affected the health care infrastructure. Hospital staff, medicines, oxygen beds, and ventilators are in short supply. Supply chains are facing disruptions, leading to disturbances in production activities in many countries. This is adversely affecting the global amino acid derivatives market.
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Amino Acid Derivatives Market
- In terms of geography, the global amino acid derivatives market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific accounted for major share of the global amino acid derivatives market in 2020 due to the presence of a large number of manufacturers and processors of the pharmaceutical industry. The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to the rise in industrialization in countries such as China and Japan.
- Demand for amino acid derivatives in the U.S. is anticipated to increase owing to the rise in research activities in amino acid derivatives and their manufacturing practices
- North America and Europe are major hubs for manufacturing and processing of nutraceutical and cosmetic industries. North America and Europe held vital share of the global market in 2020 due to the rise in demand for amino acid derivatives in the nutraceutical and cosmetic industries in these regions.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Amino Acid Derivatives
- The global amino acid derivatives market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global amino acid derivatives market include:
- Ajinomoto Co., Inc.
- CJ CheilJedang Corp.
- Evonik Indusries AG
- Fufeng Group
- KYOWA HAKKO BIO CO., Ltd.
- Senn Chemicals
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Varsal Chemicals
Global Amino Acid Derivatives Market: Research Scope
Global Amino Acid Derivatives Market, by Purity
- < 99%
- ≥ 99%
Global Amino Acid Derivatives Market, by Derivative Type
- Coupling Reagents
- N-BOC-amino Acids
- N-Fmoc-amino Acids
- N-Z-amino Acids
- Esters of Amino Acids
- Amides of Amino Acids
- L-, DL- & D-amino Acids
Global Amino Acid Derivatives markets Market, by End-use Industry
- Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals
- Nutrition & Nutraceuticals
Global Amino Acid Derivatives Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.