Global Waveguide Converter Market: Introduction
- Waveguides are metal tubes used for carrying electromagnetic waves. A waveguide converter is a special type of transmission line consisting of a hollow metal tube. The tube wall provides distributed inductance, while the empty space between the tube walls offers distributed capacitance. Waveguides are useful for high-frequency signals only, wherein wavelength approaches cross-sectional dimensions of the waveguide. Below such frequencies, waveguides are useless as electric transmission lines.
- Metallic waveguides offer significant advantages such as low propagation loss and high power transmission in the microwave frequency range
- Transitions from fundamental rectangular waveguides are useful for testing low-power and high-power waveguide components.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Waveguide Converter Market
- A waveguide is a special form of a microwave transmission line. Waveguides are metal tubes that are often made of high-quality material (such as copper and brass, which is partly silver or even gold-plated).
- Furthermore, constant technological advancements in industries such as telecom, medical, and electronics are promoting growth of the global waveguide converter market. A key driver of the market is miniaturization of electronic devices. Miniaturization can be described as manufacture of downsized mechanical, optical, or electronic products and devices. Vehicle engine downsizing and miniaturized mobile phones computers are examples of miniaturization.
- Waveguide converters offer several advantages over two-wire and coaxial transmission lines. The key advantage is that waveguides support propagation with lower loss. Electric and magnetic fields used for energy transfer in metal surfaces are equal to zero. Hence, within the waveguides walls, these fields are limited to space. Electromagnetic fields are also fully contained within the waveguide walls and are completely shielded, both from the inside to the outside (radiation losses are maintained at a very low level) and from the outside to the inside of the waveguide, resulting in high resistance with very low desired signals.
- A waveguide converter can be manufactured to commercial standards or to full military specifications including flight and space quality standards. RF components can be manufactured with all waveguide flange sizes/types or coaxial connectors for achieving the maximum flexibility in designs.
- Factors related to attenuation are anticipated to restrain growth of players operating in the global waveguide converter market in the next few years. The wall currents flow only on the inside of the waveguide. Waveguide walls are usually made of polished brass. The inner surface of the wall must be highly conductive. The layers can also be gold-plated or silvered. Dust on the surface can have an impact as additional attenuation.
- Increase in investments in technology for developing products used in niche applications is expected to open up new growth avenues for market participants in the near future
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Transverse Electric and Magnetic Type Segments have Significant Growth Potential
- Wave propagation through a waveguide can be broadly classified into two categories: TE (transverse electric) and TM (transverse magnetic), depending on which field (electric or magnetic) is perpendicular (transverse) to the direction of wave travel. Wave travel along a standard, two-conductor transmission line is of the TEM (transverse electric and magnetic) mode, wherein both fields are oriented perpendicular to the direction of travel. The TEM mode is possible only with two conductors and it cannot exist in a waveguide.
- A dead-end waveguide in a microwave circuit that acts as a resonant component is called a cavity resonator. An open-ended cavity resonator acts as a unidirectional antenna, transmitting or receiving RF energy from/to the open-end path.
- Due to higher-mode propagation, modern rectangular metallic waveguides are seldom used at frequencies higher than twice the cutoff frequency. Single-mode propagation is possible with two arrayed dielectric rods for a metallic waveguide. Although coaxial-waveguide converters are generally used for the introduction of electromagnetic waves to metallic waveguides, impedances cannot be matched by using only one converter, due to the narrow bandwidth.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Market for Waveguide Converters
- In terms of region, the global waveguide converter market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to witness the maximum demand for waveguide converters from 2019 to 2027, due to technological advancements in the region. Presence of a large number of waveguide converter manufacturers is expected to augment the demand for waveguide converters in the region during the forecast period. Several manufacturers of waveguide converters have been investing heavily in China, especially in semiconductor and automotive production sectors in the country, over the last few years.
- The market in North America is expected to expand at a significant rate throughout the forecast period, owing to presence of a large number of manufacturers of consumer electronics products in the region
- Growing power industry in the U.S. is expected to drive the demand for waveguide converters in the country during the forecast period
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global waveguide converter market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Waveguide Optical Technologies
- Sumitomo Bakelite
- Leoni Fiber Optics
- Corning Incorporated
- Himachal Futuristic Communications
- Yangtze Optical Fiber and Cable
- Sterlite Technologies
- Fujikura Limited
Global Waveguide Converter Market: Research Scope
Global Waveguide Converter Market, by Type
- Transverse Electric
- Transverse Magnetic
- Transverse Electric and Magnetic
Global Waveguide Converter Market, by Application
- Oil & Gas
- Military & Aerospace
Global Waveguide Converter Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.