Global Waveguide Converter Market: Introduction
- Waveguides are metal tubes used for carrying electromagnetic waves. A waveguide converter is a special type of transmission line consisting of a hollow metal tube. The tube wall provides distributed inductance, while the empty space between the tube walls offers distributed capacitance. Waveguides are useful for high-frequency signals only, wherein wavelength approaches cross-sectional dimensions of the waveguide. Below such frequencies, waveguides are useless as electric transmission lines.
- Metallic waveguides offer significant advantages such as low propagation loss and high power transmission in the microwave frequency range
- Transitions from fundamental rectangular waveguides are useful for testing low-power and high-power waveguide components.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Waveguide Converter Market
- A waveguide is a special form of a microwave transmission line. Waveguides are metal tubes that are often made of high-quality material (such as copper and brass, which is partly silver or even gold-plated).
- Furthermore, constant technological advancements in industries such as telecom, medical, and electronics are promoting growth of the global waveguide converter market. A key driver of the market is miniaturization of electronic devices. Miniaturization can be described as manufacture of downsized mechanical, optical, or electronic products and devices. Vehicle engine downsizing and miniaturized mobile phones computers are examples of miniaturization.
- Waveguide converters offer several advantages over two-wire and coaxial transmission lines. The key advantage is that waveguides support propagation with lower loss. Electric and magnetic fields used for energy transfer in metal surfaces are equal to zero. Hence, within the waveguides walls, these fields are limited to space. Electromagnetic fields are also fully contained within the waveguide walls and are completely shielded, both from the inside to the outside (radiation losses are maintained at a very low level) and from the outside to the inside of the waveguide, resulting in high resistance with very low desired signals.
- A waveguide converter can be manufactured to commercial standards or to full military specifications including flight and space quality standards. RF components can be manufactured with all waveguide flange sizes/types or coaxial connectors for achieving the maximum flexibility in designs.
- Factors related to attenuation are anticipated to restrain growth of players operating in the global waveguide converter market in the next few years. The wall currents flow only on the inside of the waveguide. Waveguide walls are usually made of polished brass. The inner surface of the wall must be highly conductive. The layers can also be gold-plated or silvered. Dust on the surface can have an impact as additional attenuation.
- Increase in investments in technology for developing products used in niche applications is expected to open up new growth avenues for market participants in the near future
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Transverse Electric and Magnetic Type Segments have Significant Growth Potential
- Wave propagation through a waveguide can be broadly classified into two categories: TE (transverse electric) and TM (transverse magnetic), depending on which field (electric or magnetic) is perpendicular (transverse) to the direction of wave travel. Wave travel along a standard, two-conductor transmission line is of the TEM (transverse electric and magnetic) mode, wherein both fields are oriented perpendicular to the direction of travel. The TEM mode is possible only with two conductors and it cannot exist in a waveguide.
- A dead-end waveguide in a microwave circuit that acts as a resonant component is called a cavity resonator. An open-ended cavity resonator acts as a unidirectional antenna, transmitting or receiving RF energy from/to the open-end path.
- Due to higher-mode propagation, modern rectangular metallic waveguides are seldom used at frequencies higher than twice the cutoff frequency. Single-mode propagation is possible with two arrayed dielectric rods for a metallic waveguide. Although coaxial-waveguide converters are generally used for the introduction of electromagnetic waves to metallic waveguides, impedances cannot be matched by using only one converter, due to the narrow bandwidth.
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Market for Waveguide Converters
- In terms of region, the global waveguide converter market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to witness the maximum demand for waveguide converters from 2019 to 2027, due to technological advancements in the region. Presence of a large number of waveguide converter manufacturers is expected to augment the demand for waveguide converters in the region during the forecast period. Several manufacturers of waveguide converters have been investing heavily in China, especially in semiconductor and automotive production sectors in the country, over the last few years.
- The market in North America is expected to expand at a significant rate throughout the forecast period, owing to presence of a large number of manufacturers of consumer electronics products in the region
- Growing power industry in the U.S. is expected to drive the demand for waveguide converters in the country during the forecast period
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global waveguide converter market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Waveguide Optical Technologies
- Sumitomo Bakelite
- Leoni Fiber Optics
- Corning Incorporated
- Himachal Futuristic Communications
- Yangtze Optical Fiber and Cable
- Sterlite Technologies
- Fujikura Limited
Global Waveguide Converter Market: Research Scope
Global Waveguide Converter Market, by Type
- Transverse Electric
- Transverse Magnetic
- Transverse Electric and Magnetic
Global Waveguide Converter Market, by Application
- Oil & Gas
- Military & Aerospace
Global Waveguide Converter Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.