TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide) Market: Introduction
- TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) is a type of rubber vulcanization accelerators. It can activate the vulcanizing agent, which can speed up reaction between the vulcanizing agent and the rubber molecule. This can shorten the vulcanization time.
- Rubber accelerators can be classified into the following six types based on their chemical structure: sulfenamides, thiazoles, thiurams, guanidines, thioureas, and dithiocarbamates. TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) falls under the category of thiurams.
- TMTD acts as an ultra-accelerator and sulfur donor, which is suitable for the conventional curing. TMTD is widely used in rubber processing as an ultra-accelerator for low-temperature curing, either alone or as an activator of other accelerators along with them, primarily thiazoles.
- TMTD can be used to activate mercaptos and sulfenamides.
Growth of Global Automotive Rubber Sector to Drive Global TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide) Market
- Demand for synthetic rubber has increased in industrial, automotive, and other applications that require high performance, due to its unique properties. The automotive industry is a major consumer of industrial rubber products, which are used in various, dynamic as well as static seals, belts, and hoses.
- Synthetic rubbers, such as nitrile butadiene rubber and polychloroprene, are widely used in the manufacture of timing belts for cars, owing to their good static and dynamic properties at operational temperatures and good retention properties under continuous exposure to heat
- Synthetic rubber compounds exhibit excellent mechanical properties and resistance to heat, oil, and fluids in several, demanding automotive applications
- Thus, the increasing demand for automotive rubber is likely to fuel the demand for TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) market in the near future
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Applications of TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide)
- In terms of application, the global TMTD market can be segmented into rubber production, plastics, lubricating oils, pesticides, and others. Out of these, rubber production is the dominant application segment. Tetramethylthiuram disulfide is primarily used as a rubber additive (accelerator, peptizing agent, or vulcanizing agent). TMTD is used in the production of synthetic as well as natural rubber. As for rubber applications, it is primarily used in the production of tires, inner tubes of tires, shoes, and cables.
- TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) is also used as an additive in the manufacture of plastics and as an ingredient in pesticides, insecticides, agricultural disinfectants, antiseptic sprays, commercial and surgical soaps, wood preservatives, and lubricating oils
- TMTD can be used alone or in combination with other accelerators in applications such as mechanical goods, hoses, cables, seals, tires, conveyor belts, transparent goods, proofed textiles, latex goods, and ebonite
Restraints of Global TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide) Market
- Tetramethylthiuram disulfide is not readily biodegradable. It degrades rapidly on exposure to sunlight and moisture in the environment. Its accidental release into a water body may pose risk to the life of fish, invertebrates, and aquatic plants.
- TMTD has 13.3% of sulfur content available for cross-linking/vulcanization. It also acts as an accelerator of vulcanization and its chemistry of vulcanization is complex. In the thiuram-accelerated sulfur vulcanization, both ionic and radical chemical reactions take place simultaneously.
- The above-mentioned factors are likely to hamper the global market for TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide) Market
- In terms of region, the global TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific held a major share of the global TMTD market in 2018. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand rapidly during the forecast period. The auto parts manufacturing industry in Asia Pacific is primarily driven by growing automotive industry in the region, especially in countries such as China, South Korea, and India. In the automotive industry, rubber is used in fluid transfer systems, body-sealing systems, transmission systems, and automotive anti-vibration systems. Thus, growth of auto parts and automotive industries in Asia Pacific is driving the TMTD market in the region.
- Low interest rates and rising purchasing power of consumers in Latin America are major factors driving the demand for passenger cars in the region. Rise in passenger car sales is likely to drive the TMTD market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide) Market
The global TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) market is fragmented, with market players focusing on adopting advanced technologies to gain higher market share. These players offer a complete portfolio of products and focus on different business strategies to strengthen their market position.
Key players operating in the global TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) market include:
- LANXESS Deutschland GmbH
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Western Reserve Chemical Corporation
- Nocil Limited
- TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- China Sunsine Chemical Holdings Limited
Global TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide) Market: Research Scope
Global TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide) Market, by Application
- Rubber Production
- Lubricating Oils
Global TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide) Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.