TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide) Market: Introduction
- TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) is a type of rubber vulcanization accelerators. It can activate the vulcanizing agent, which can speed up reaction between the vulcanizing agent and the rubber molecule. This can shorten the vulcanization time.
- Rubber accelerators can be classified into the following six types based on their chemical structure: sulfenamides, thiazoles, thiurams, guanidines, thioureas, and dithiocarbamates. TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) falls under the category of thiurams.
- TMTD acts as an ultra-accelerator and sulfur donor, which is suitable for the conventional curing. TMTD is widely used in rubber processing as an ultra-accelerator for low-temperature curing, either alone or as an activator of other accelerators along with them, primarily thiazoles.
- TMTD can be used to activate mercaptos and sulfenamides.
Growth of Global Automotive Rubber Sector to Drive Global TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide) Market
- Demand for synthetic rubber has increased in industrial, automotive, and other applications that require high performance, due to its unique properties. The automotive industry is a major consumer of industrial rubber products, which are used in various, dynamic as well as static seals, belts, and hoses.
- Synthetic rubbers, such as nitrile butadiene rubber and polychloroprene, are widely used in the manufacture of timing belts for cars, owing to their good static and dynamic properties at operational temperatures and good retention properties under continuous exposure to heat
- Synthetic rubber compounds exhibit excellent mechanical properties and resistance to heat, oil, and fluids in several, demanding automotive applications
- Thus, the increasing demand for automotive rubber is likely to fuel the demand for TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) market in the near future
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Applications of TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide)
- In terms of application, the global TMTD market can be segmented into rubber production, plastics, lubricating oils, pesticides, and others. Out of these, rubber production is the dominant application segment. Tetramethylthiuram disulfide is primarily used as a rubber additive (accelerator, peptizing agent, or vulcanizing agent). TMTD is used in the production of synthetic as well as natural rubber. As for rubber applications, it is primarily used in the production of tires, inner tubes of tires, shoes, and cables.
- TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) is also used as an additive in the manufacture of plastics and as an ingredient in pesticides, insecticides, agricultural disinfectants, antiseptic sprays, commercial and surgical soaps, wood preservatives, and lubricating oils
- TMTD can be used alone or in combination with other accelerators in applications such as mechanical goods, hoses, cables, seals, tires, conveyor belts, transparent goods, proofed textiles, latex goods, and ebonite
Restraints of Global TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide) Market
- Tetramethylthiuram disulfide is not readily biodegradable. It degrades rapidly on exposure to sunlight and moisture in the environment. Its accidental release into a water body may pose risk to the life of fish, invertebrates, and aquatic plants.
- TMTD has 13.3% of sulfur content available for cross-linking/vulcanization. It also acts as an accelerator of vulcanization and its chemistry of vulcanization is complex. In the thiuram-accelerated sulfur vulcanization, both ionic and radical chemical reactions take place simultaneously.
- The above-mentioned factors are likely to hamper the global market for TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide) Market
- In terms of region, the global TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific held a major share of the global TMTD market in 2018. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand rapidly during the forecast period. The auto parts manufacturing industry in Asia Pacific is primarily driven by growing automotive industry in the region, especially in countries such as China, South Korea, and India. In the automotive industry, rubber is used in fluid transfer systems, body-sealing systems, transmission systems, and automotive anti-vibration systems. Thus, growth of auto parts and automotive industries in Asia Pacific is driving the TMTD market in the region.
- Low interest rates and rising purchasing power of consumers in Latin America are major factors driving the demand for passenger cars in the region. Rise in passenger car sales is likely to drive the TMTD market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide) Market
The global TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) market is fragmented, with market players focusing on adopting advanced technologies to gain higher market share. These players offer a complete portfolio of products and focus on different business strategies to strengthen their market position.
Key players operating in the global TMTD (tetramethylthiuram disulfide) market include:
- LANXESS Deutschland GmbH
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Western Reserve Chemical Corporation
- Nocil Limited
- TCI (Shanghai) Development Co., Ltd.
- China Sunsine Chemical Holdings Limited
Global TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide) Market: Research Scope
Global TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide) Market, by Application
- Rubber Production
- Lubricating Oils
Global TMTD (Tetramethylthiuram Disulfide) Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.