Textile Films Market: Bio-based Substitute for Polyethylene Terephthalate
- Textile films are produced from materials such as polymers and advanced composites, which exhibit mechanical properties such as flexibility and strength, with surface features that include hydrophobicity. These properties make textile films suitable to meet demand from various industries such as packaging, medical, and technical clothing.
Textile Films Market: Trends & Developments
- Increase in demand for quality hygiene products is driving the global textile films market. Rise in awareness about hygiene maintenance and increase in demand for sanitary products are expected to boost the demand for textile films in the near future. Shift of trend toward fitness and leisure and increase in demand for active wear are estimated to propel the textile films market in the next few years.
- Rise in development activities in technical textiles that offer protection against high temperatures, electric arc flash discharge, and acid environment is expected to fuel the textile films market. Furthermore, increase in research & development activities in textile films have resulted in innovation of new textile and processes. This is estimated to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Various characteristics of textile films, including breathability, liquid barrier, and comfort touch, are boosting the demand for these clothing in sportswear and active wear. Rise in demand for textile films in medical applications is also projected to drive the market during the forecast period. High demand for textile films in medical application can be ascribed to the growth in awareness about infectious diseases, primarily in the hospital environment.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Textile Films Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Textile Films Market: Segmentation
- The global textile films market can be segmented in terms of type, material, application, and region. Based on type, the global market can be bifurcated into breathable and non-breathable. Rise in demand for hygiene products such as sanitary napkins and diapers is anticipated to propel the breathable segment during the forecast period. The breathable segment dominated the market in 2018, owing to the increase in usage of these films in sportswear.
- Based on material, the global market can be classified into polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), and polyurethane (PU). The PE segment is projected to dominate the textile films market during the forecast period. PE-based textile films are easily available and possess properties such as proper density, high crystalline structure, lightness weight, and durability. Thus, they are suitable for widespread usage in sportswear, hygiene products, and medical applications.
- Polyethylene offers high impact resistance; therefore, it is used in the production of boats and large containers. Polyethylene has three grades, which includes HDPE, LLDPE and LDPE. LLDPE is anticipated to be the majorly used polyethylene grade for the production of textile fibers. Polyethylene is used in applications ranging for films, tubes, plastic parts, laminates, etc. in several markets. Owing to the high tensile strength of these fibers, so these are extensively employed for the manufacturing of textile films.
- In terms of application, the global market can be classified into hygiene products, medical, sportswear, and protective apparel. The use of textile films has been increasing, as they provide a liquid barrier. At the same time, they also allow breathability.
- Rise in population and increase in aging population is likely to drive the clothes market in the near future. Textile films are used for manufacturing of films, thus in turn stimulating the growth of textile films market.
- Demand for textile films in medical application is estimated to rise in the near future owing to the rise in need for these films in hospitals. Technological advancements in the field is also estimated to drive the textile films market.
- Increase in awareness about prevention of infections in health care institutions is anticipated to drive the textile films market in the near future
Asia Pacific Anticipated to be Major Region
- Geographically, the global textile films market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The textile films market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Rise in demand for hygiene products is expected to stimulate the demand for clothing & apparel, thereby driving the textile films market.
- Rise in urbanization and industrialization in Asia Pacific is also anticipated to fuel the demand for textile films during the forecast period. China, Japan, India, and South Korea are some of the key textile films markets in the region.
- Increase in disposable income and rise in spending power of the people are likely to boost the demand for clothing in Asia Pacific. Furthermore, rise in governmental initiatives in promoting sports activities across the region is estimated to augment the need for sportswear. Moreover, increase in participation of women in sports and fitness activities is driving the market.
- Manufacturers of textile fibers in North America are primarily engaged in launching new products and inventing new technologies for the production of textile fibers
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Textile Films Market here
Textile Films Market: Key Players
Large numbers of manufacturers operate in the global textile films market. Additionally, manufacturers focus on making investments, expansions, and mergers & acquisitions in order to gain higher share of the market. Prominent players operating in the textile films market include:
- RKW SE
- Jindal Poly Films
- Covestro AG
- Berry Global Inc.
- CHIRIPAL POLY FILM
- Mitsui Hygiene Materials (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
- Arkema S.A.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc.
- TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC.
Global Textile Films Market: Research Scope
Global Textile Films Market, by Type
Global Textile Films Market, by Material
Global Textile Films Market, by Application
- Protective Apparel Films
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.