Textile Films Market: Bio-based Substitute for Polyethylene Terephthalate
- Textile films are produced from materials such as polymers and advanced composites, which exhibit mechanical properties such as flexibility and strength, with surface features that include hydrophobicity. These properties make textile films suitable to meet demand from various industries such as packaging, medical, and technical clothing.
Textile Films Market: Trends & Developments
- Increase in demand for quality hygiene products is driving the global textile films market. Rise in awareness about hygiene maintenance and increase in demand for sanitary products are expected to boost the demand for textile films in the near future. Shift of trend toward fitness and leisure and increase in demand for active wear are estimated to propel the textile films market in the next few years.
- Rise in development activities in technical textiles that offer protection against high temperatures, electric arc flash discharge, and acid environment is expected to fuel the textile films market. Furthermore, increase in research & development activities in textile films have resulted in innovation of new textile and processes. This is estimated to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Various characteristics of textile films, including breathability, liquid barrier, and comfort touch, are boosting the demand for these clothing in sportswear and active wear. Rise in demand for textile films in medical applications is also projected to drive the market during the forecast period. High demand for textile films in medical application can be ascribed to the growth in awareness about infectious diseases, primarily in the hospital environment.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Textile Films Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Textile Films Market: Segmentation
- The global textile films market can be segmented in terms of type, material, application, and region. Based on type, the global market can be bifurcated into breathable and non-breathable. Rise in demand for hygiene products such as sanitary napkins and diapers is anticipated to propel the breathable segment during the forecast period. The breathable segment dominated the market in 2018, owing to the increase in usage of these films in sportswear.
- Based on material, the global market can be classified into polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), and polyurethane (PU). The PE segment is projected to dominate the textile films market during the forecast period. PE-based textile films are easily available and possess properties such as proper density, high crystalline structure, lightness weight, and durability. Thus, they are suitable for widespread usage in sportswear, hygiene products, and medical applications.
- Polyethylene offers high impact resistance; therefore, it is used in the production of boats and large containers. Polyethylene has three grades, which includes HDPE, LLDPE and LDPE. LLDPE is anticipated to be the majorly used polyethylene grade for the production of textile fibers. Polyethylene is used in applications ranging for films, tubes, plastic parts, laminates, etc. in several markets. Owing to the high tensile strength of these fibers, so these are extensively employed for the manufacturing of textile films.
- In terms of application, the global market can be classified into hygiene products, medical, sportswear, and protective apparel. The use of textile films has been increasing, as they provide a liquid barrier. At the same time, they also allow breathability.
- Rise in population and increase in aging population is likely to drive the clothes market in the near future. Textile films are used for manufacturing of films, thus in turn stimulating the growth of textile films market.
- Demand for textile films in medical application is estimated to rise in the near future owing to the rise in need for these films in hospitals. Technological advancements in the field is also estimated to drive the textile films market.
- Increase in awareness about prevention of infections in health care institutions is anticipated to drive the textile films market in the near future
Asia Pacific Anticipated to be Major Region
- Geographically, the global textile films market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The textile films market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Rise in demand for hygiene products is expected to stimulate the demand for clothing & apparel, thereby driving the textile films market.
- Rise in urbanization and industrialization in Asia Pacific is also anticipated to fuel the demand for textile films during the forecast period. China, Japan, India, and South Korea are some of the key textile films markets in the region.
- Increase in disposable income and rise in spending power of the people are likely to boost the demand for clothing in Asia Pacific. Furthermore, rise in governmental initiatives in promoting sports activities across the region is estimated to augment the need for sportswear. Moreover, increase in participation of women in sports and fitness activities is driving the market.
- Manufacturers of textile fibers in North America are primarily engaged in launching new products and inventing new technologies for the production of textile fibers
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Textile Films Market here
Textile Films Market: Key Players
Large numbers of manufacturers operate in the global textile films market. Additionally, manufacturers focus on making investments, expansions, and mergers & acquisitions in order to gain higher share of the market. Prominent players operating in the textile films market include:
- RKW SE
- Jindal Poly Films
- Covestro AG
- Berry Global Inc.
- CHIRIPAL POLY FILM
- Mitsui Hygiene Materials (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
- Arkema S.A.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc.
- TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC.
Global Textile Films Market: Research Scope
Global Textile Films Market, by Type
Global Textile Films Market, by Material
Global Textile Films Market, by Application
- Protective Apparel Films
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.