Tackifier Resins Market: Economical Option for Automotive & Construction Applications
- Tackifiers are commonly aliphatic and aromatic resins, rosins, and their derivatives. The solubility of tackifier resin in the base polymer is determined by its molecular distribution and polarity.
- Tackifier resins are type of oligomers (low-molecular-weight compounds) that are widely used as additives in adhesive formulations to improve the tack, stickiness, and peel linkage. Tackifiers help improve the tack and mobility of the base polymer, as it disperses in the polymer matrix.
- Tackifier resin has high glass transition temperature, low molecular weight, and high softening temperature. It also reduces molecular cohesion. Tackifier resins are non-corrosive, and non-toxic to humans. Furthermore, they do not cause any organ toxicity.
- Tackifier resins are primarily used as additives during the manufacture of hot melt adhesives, pressure sensitive adhesives, and water and solvent borne adhesives
- Tackifiers are broadly divided into three important groups: hydrocarbon resins, rosin esters, and polyterpenes
- Polarity and molecular weight are the critical parameters of tackifier resin, as these determine its solubility in base polymer
Rise in Demand for Construction Products to Drive Global Tackifier Resins Market
- Increase in demand for adhesives and sealants in various manufacturing industries in developing countries is expected to boost the demand for tackifier resins. These resins are consumed in various applications including tapes and labels, construction adhesives, assembly adhesives, and rubber & leather adhesives. They are primarily used for footwear adhesives.
- Tackifier resins are used extensively to manufacture various rubber products, including tires for heavy vehicles
- Growth in the automobile industry and rise in demand for rubber articles are anticipated to drive the global tackifier resins market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Hydrocarbon Resins Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on resin type, the market can be segmented into rosin resins, terpene resins, and hydrocarbon resins
- The hydrocarbon resins segment is estimated to hold major share of the global tackifier resins market during the forecast period. Hydrocarbon resins are synthesized from petroleum-based byproducts of naphtha crackers. They are classified into C5 aliphatic resins, C9 aromatic resins, and DCPD cycloaliphatic resins. Hydrocarbon resins are inexpensive compared to rosin resins.
- Rosin ester resins are widely used conventional tackifier resins. These are produced from pine trees. They are divided into three types: tall oil resin, wood rosin, and gum rosin. Rosin resins are usually compatible with all major base polymers and offer exceptional tack.
- Terpene resins are derivatives of turpentine oil, which is obtained from citrus fruits or pine wood. Key terpene resins include phenol-modified terpenes, styrene-modified terpenes, and pinene-based polyterpenes. They offer exceptional heat resistance along with peel adhesion to pressure-sensitive adhesive formulations.
Building & Construction Segment to Hold Significant Share of Global Tackifier Resins Market
- Based on application, the tackifier resins market can be divided into packaging, building & construction, transportation, electrical & electronics, footwear & leather, and others
- Building & construction is anticipated to be the major application segment of the market, followed by transportation, electrical & electronics, and packaging, during the forecast period
- Tackifier resins are used as additives to manufacture adhesives and sealants. Rise in infrastructure in developing countries is driving the demand for adhesives and sealants. This is likely to drive the global tackifier resins market in the near future.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Tackifier Resins Market
- In terms of region, the global tackifier resins market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for prominent share of the global tackifier resins market in the near future owing to rise in demand for sealants and adhesives in various application industries. Growth in urbanization, easy availability of raw materials, and technological advancements in countries such as China, India, Malaysia, and Indonesia are likely to boost the tackifier resins market in Asia Pacific.
- The market in North America is also projected to expand at a significant pace in the near future due to rapid growth of automotive, aerospace, and construction sectors. Increase in demand for adhesives & sealants in various manufacturing industries is estimated to propel the tackifier resins market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players in Market
The global tackifier resins market is fragmented, with the presence of various regional and global manufacturers. Prominent players operating in the global tackifier resins market seek to enter into partnerships for the development of tackifier resin applications.
Major players operating in the tackifier resins market include:
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Arkema Group
- Arizona Chemicals
- Guangdong Komo Co Limited
- Harima Chemicals
- Arakawa Chemical
- Shanghai Jinsen
Global Tackifier Resins Market: Research Scope
Global Tackifier Resins Market, by Resin Type
- Hydrocarbon Resins
- Rosin Esters
- Terpene Resins
Global Tackifier Resins Market, by End-use Industry
- Building & Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
- Footwear & Leather
- Others (Road & Highways, etc.)
Global Tackifier Resins Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.