Sodium Tetrasulfide Market: Definition
- Sodium tetrasulfide exists as yellow or brick red crystalline flakes or fused solid mass in its anhydrous state. It also exists as a dark red corrosive alkaline liquid.
- Sodium tetrasulfide is used as precursor in the manufacture of certain specialty polymers. It is also employed as chemical intermediate in the manufacture of prototypes of sodium-sulfur battery.
- When exposed to moist air, sodium tetrasulfide is prone to spontaneous heating and may cause fire hazards. It needs to be protected from exposure to light and stored in tightly closed container. It is incompatible with acids, oxidants, aluminum, zinc, carbon, and diazonium salts.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Sodium Tetrasulfide Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Tanneries Segment Lead the Market
- Sodium tetrasulfide is used in the production of sulfur dye in the dye industry. It is the raw material of sulfur green and sulfur blue. It is also used as a facilitating agent for dissolving sulfur dye in the printing and dyeing industry.
- In the tanning industry, sodium tetrasulfide is employed as raw material in the manufacture of leather depilatories to facilitate the process of removal of hair and bristles from cattle skin. It also ensures the removal of other undesirable materials such as non-collagenous proteins, epidermis, and cementing substances from animal hide.
- In the form of gel, sodium sulfide is used to soften toenails to assist in trimming of ingrown toenails. In the pharmaceutical industry, it is primarily used in the production of antipyretic drugs such as Phenacetin.
- Sodium tetrasulfide is employed in water treatment applications as an oxygen scavenging agent and metal precipitant for the removal of heavy metal ions. Sodium tetrasulfide is used in the paper and pulp industry as a pulp cooking agent in the Kraft process to convert wood into wood pulp.
Key Drivers of Sodium Tetrasulfide Market
- Mirabilite is a hydrous sodium sulfate mineral and a major raw material required in the production of sodium tetrasulfide. China accounts for the largest mirabilite reserves in the world. It is the leading producer of sodium tetrasulfide in the world.
- China is expected to maintain its dominance in the global sodium tetrasulfide market in the near future. The country is anticipated to continue expanding its production capabilities of sodium tetrasulfide to meet the rising demand across the globe.
- Low water availability, rapid development of cities, significant rise in population, and technological advancements in water treatment have increased the necessity of water reuse. This is boosting the sodium tetrasulfide market.
- Sodium tetrasulfide is routinely used in wastewater treatment for the removal of heavy metals ions such as mercury & lead. Thus, growth in the water treatment industry is expected to drive the sodium tetrasulfide market.
- Increase in demand for water treatment chemicals in power and industrial applications is anticipated to drive the market during the forecast period. Various environmental norms and regulations regarding water and wastewater disposal are major factors driving the sodium tetrasulfide market.
- Rise in usage of sodium tetrasulfide in the pulp and paper industry during Kraft process for cooking of pulp is another factor fueling the market. Sodium tetrasulfide is also used for removal of hair from hides during leather processing and rapid growth of the leather processing industry is expected to create lucrative opportunity for it in tanning industry.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Sodium Tetrasulfide Market here
Volatility of Raw Materials Likely to Hamper Market
- Sodium tetrasulfide are toxic to humans, livestock, and agriculture. The polluting nature of sodium tetrasulfide and implementation of stringent government regulations on the emission of toxic pollutants are estimated to restrain the sodium tetrasulfide market.
- Sodium tetrasulfide is regarded as an environmentally hazardous chemical, as it emits toxic pollutants such as hydrogen sulfide gas through the dissociation process during downstream operations in the pulp & paper industry. Sulfide rich effluents are also responsible for sewer corrosion and malodors.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Large Share of Global Sodium Tetrasulfide Market
- Asia Pacific dominates the global sodium tetrasulfide market in terms of consumption and revenue. Led by China, India, and Japan, the market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a healthy pace during the forecast period. India generates considerable demand for sodium tetrasulfide. It is used in tanneries to remove hair and bristles from cattle skin. India has a large leather processing industry, which exports leather products across the world. Expansion in the leather industry in India is estimated to drive the demand for sodium tetrasulfide during the forecast period.
- Rise in population and rapid urbanization in Asia Pacific have led to an increase in generation of wastewater, thereby propelling the demand for sodium tetrasulfide for water treatment in the region
- Europe has strong leather processing industry, which produces and exports various types of leather from livestock including calves, bovine, goat, and sheep. This leather is used in garment, footwear, and furniture markets. This is propelling the sodium tetrasulfide market in the region, as sodium tetrasulfide is primarily used in leather tanning.
Key Players in Sodium Tetrasulfide Market
The sodium tetrasulfide market is highly fragmented, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 45% to 50% share of the global market. Key players operating in the sodium tetrasulfide market include:
- Nagao & Co., Ltd.
- VWR International, LLC
- Novohrom LLC
- Tessenderlo Group
- China Nafine International Co.,Ltd.
- Athiappa Chemicals Pvt Ltd
- ICS Industriechemikalien Schwefelelnatrium GmbH
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Sankyo Kasei Co., Ltd.
- Sichuan Shenhong Chemical Industry Co.,Ltd.
- Shenzhou Jiaxin Chemical Co., Ltd.
Global Sodium Tetrasulfide Market: Research Scope
Global Sodium Tetrasulfide Market, by Application
- Paper and pulp
- Chemical processing
- Water treatment
- Textile industries
- Ore processing
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.