Self-Luminous Displays Market: Introduction
- Self-luminous is a next generation display technology which is generally used in the manufacturing of organic light emitting diode (OLED) and quantum dot display (QLED).
- Self-luminous displays have a wide range of applications in the consumer electronics industry which primarily encompasses smartphones and TVs.
- Quantum dots (QD) are a suitable type of material for the production of self-luminous displays. Quantum dots are small molecules which have multiple special properties, one of which is the ability to glow when provided an appropriate amount of energy. The wavelength generated varies as per the size of the dot. Hence, the final color outcome can vary.
Rise in Demand for Self-Luminous Displays in Electronics and Automotive Industry
- Enhanced picture quality along with the energy efficiency provided by self-luminous displays is one of the primary reasons for the growth of the global self-luminous displays market.
- Rapid innovations in the display technology, rising adoption of OLED and QLED display technology, emergence of advanced OLED technologies such as AMOLED, and increasing demand for low power consumption display and high display quality are expected to improve growth of the market during the forecast period.
- Self-luminous display technology provides some benefits such as exceptional color reproduction, wide viewing angle, faster response time, and eco-friendly nature, which are ultimately propelling the growth of the market.
- Additionally, the rising use of OLED in mobile phones is likely to have a prominent impact on the global self-luminous displays market over the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Self-Luminous Displays Market
- In terms of region, the global self-luminous displays market can be divided into Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Region-wise, Asia Pacific held the largest market share and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. Economies such as China, Japan, India, and South Korea are the major contributors to the growth of the market. The growth is attributed to the increasing adoption of various consumer electronic products such as TVs and smartphones.
- Rising investments by major market players for research and development activities in the field of display technology, high disposable income of consumers across the region, and continuous introduction of self-luminous display based products by leading market players such as Samsung and BOE is driving the growth of the market.
- Furthermore, the self-luminous displays market in North America is also expected to expand at a significant rate owing to high demand for mobile phones and televisions in the region.
Key Players in the Global Self-Luminous Displays Market Include:
- Samsung Display
- LG Display
- AU Optronics
- Acuity Brands
- Novaled GmbH
- Panasonic Corporation
- Chimei Innolux Corp
- Dresden Microdisplay
- Japan Display
Global Self-Luminous Displays Market, Research Scope
Global Self-Luminous Displays Market, by Type
Global Self-Luminous Displays Market, by Size
- Up to 20"
- 20" to 50"
- Above 50"
Global Self-Luminous Displays Market, by Industry
- Consumer Electronics
Global Self-Luminous Displays Market, by Region
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.