Roller Thrust Bearings Market: Introduction & Types
Thrust bearings were introduced by George Michell, an Australian engineer in 1905. Thrust bearings are rotary bearings which allow rotation amongst parts like other bearing types. They are typically designed to withstand axial loads. Thrust bearings comprise two raceways or washers and rolling components. There are several types of thrust bearings; roller thrust bearings being one of them. Depending upon the application and the amount of axial load, the end user is recommended to choose between the various types to carry out the operation successfully. These different types are categorised basis the shape of raceways as well as the type of rolling components. These bearing are designed to withstand heavy loads only. Their rolling elements can support heave loads as they can yield a large area of contact, as compared to ball thrust bearings. Each type of roller thrust bearings offer respective advantages and are designed differently. Based on their designs, they are chosen for the respective applications where they can be used beneficially. The rollers used in these types of bearings are spherical in shape but are asymmetrical. They roll inside the house washer with spherical inner shape. They show the highest load rating density as compared to all other thrust bearings. The cylindrical roller thrust bearings consist of small roller which are cylindrical in shape and their placement is such that they are arranged flat and their axis point to the bearing axis. They have good load withstanding capacity and cost efficient but wear quickly owing to greater friction generation. However, new techniques are developed to reduce the friction and thereby wear of these bearings. Tapered roller thrust bearings have small rollers which are tapered and their arrangement is such that their axes converge at one point on the bearing axis. It is necessary to calculate the diameter of the narrow and wide ends and the length of the roller in order to get smooth working of the roller and avoid skidding. Spherical thrust roller bearings are capable to handle loads and have self-aligning property and hence can also handle misalignment.
Roller Thrust Bearings Market: Growth Factors
There are several advantages of roller thrust bearings which directly or indirectly facilitate the growth of their adoption and thereby growth in their market opportunities. To underline a few:
- Ability to manage heavy loads
- Self-alignment ability and ability to handle misalignment
- Can support higher speeds
- Reduced maintenance
- Some have detachable design features which gives them added benefit to separately place the inner and outer rings
- Optimised running owing to better technological advancements
- Arrangements for internal lubrication making It convenient and avoiding wear and stoppages
- The growing international market and other diversification opportunities have made it possible for the roller thrust bearings to reach almost each industry vertical, especially in the automotive and the aerospace sector, thereby contributing to the growth of the roller thrust bearings market.
- Other benefits such as increased durability and improvised serviceability and better performance are triggering the adoption of these bearings
Roller Thrust Bearings Market: Applications
Roller thrust bearings are used in automobiles; especially in the gear sets in cars, gear transmissions or even between rotating and housing shafts. They are used in modern cars as the forward gears use helical gear system which create axial forces in order to aid smooth functioning and noise reduction. They are also used to lessen the axial loads prevailing in antenna rotators. In automobiles, a type of thrust bearing called clutch release bearings is used. They are also used in wind turbines, gear boxes, casting machines, pumps, material handling systems, mechanical blowers and fans, pulp and paper manufacturing and refining equipment, mining equipment, marine propulsion, construction equipment and offshore drilling.
Roller Thrust Bearings Market: Key Companies
The key players in the spherical roller bearing market include Schaffler, SKF, Timken Company, JTEKT, NSK Ltd. and NTN Corporation. Other players are Aurora Bearing, AST Bearings LLC, FYH Bearing, Baltic Bearing Company and Precision Bearings Pvt. Ltd.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.