Liquid Cooling Systems Market
Liquid Cooling Systems Market (Type: Liquid Heat Exchanger Systems, Compressor-based Systems (Recirculating Chillers); and End-use Industry: Healthcare, Analytical Equipment, Industrial, Data Centers, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Military) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Liquid Cooling Systems Market: High Demand from Data Centers to Transcend Growth
'Cool liquid media' is the foremost requirement for all industrial processes. Numerous industrial verticals such as food and beverages, healthcare, data centers, and telecommunications demand the control of liquid media within a defined temperature range for industrial operations. Moreover, there is a rising number of thermal management concerns in engineering applications such as nuclear reactors, industrial heat exchangers, micro machinery, and others. Liquid cooling systems have a pivotal role to play in achieving thermal management in dramatically high system power levels.
The proliferation of technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) create aggressive cooling requirements, thereby shifting consumer demand from conventional to advanced cooling systems offering better thermal performance. Moreover, product innovations spawned in the landscape of liquid cooling systems have further added a feather in the cap for the liquid cooling systems market, creating the need for in-depth research. In its latest study, Transparency Market Research offers credible insights on the key dynamics of the liquid cooling market, which help stakeholders take well-informed and data-driven business decisions.
Planning to lay down future strategy? Perfect your plan with our report brochure here
Evolutionary Landscape of the Liquid Cooling Systems Market
Liquid cooling technology is not a new sheep in the market; it has been used since decades to cool high-voltage transformers. Traditionally, liquid cooling systems were majorly used for supercomputers and mainframes. However, they have now seeped into enterprise data centers. They first grabbed the limelight back in 1964 when IBM explored immersion cooling for its System 360 mainframe. Ever since, the technology has evolved from being a 'fringe concept' to becoming a 'must-have' for numerous industries.
Air-based cooling systems no more suffice the cooling needs of new generation enterprise data centers with high power density. With the rise in consumer preference for liquid cooling, it is gradually becoming mainstream in the arena of data centers. According to TMR, the liquid cooling systems market is poised to rise at an astounding CAGR of ~ 13% during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027, and attain a valuation of ~ US$ 6.4 Bn by 2027. However, the high cost of liquid cooling systems still remains a longstanding challenge for the growth of the market.
Trends Redefining the Liquid Cooling Systems Landscape
Smartphones with Liquid Cooling Systems to Fetch Revenue Benefits
Smartphone manufacturers are going all out to turn smartphones into mini computers that fit in pocket. Smartphones are getting slimmer, but with in-built high-end processors generating massive amount of heat. Moreover, smartphones designed for gaming need advanced processors, creating the challenge of keeping the hardware cool. Sensing the high demand for smartphones and the need for thermal management, phone makers are increasingly integrating liquid cooling solutions in smartphones. For instance, Samsung developed a method of liquid cooling for the Galaxy S7 phone, which uses a copper thermal pipe to disperse heat away from the CPU. Further, in April 2019, Nubia Technology announced the launch of a gaming phone called Red Magic 2 with a liquid cooling function.
Rise in Deployment of Portable Liquid Cooling Systems
Data centers need to maintain the required thermal balance, as equipment is prone to damage due to heating issues. Although data centers are using permanent cooling units, there is always the need for maintenance. In such a scenario, a portable cooling unit may be necessary for the optimal functioning of a data center until a permanent cooling unit is up and running. Portable liquid cooling systems are increasingly taking center stage as the primary cooling systems for in-building server rooms and industries in areas with mild temperatures. They are also a cheaper alternative to permanent data center cooling units.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a PDF sample here
Liquid Cooling Systems Market: Key Winning Strategies
Strategic collaborations is one of the key winning strategies deployed by prominent enterprises in the liquid cooling systems market. Due to the presence of a large number of players in the market, there is a high possibility of substitution, as consumers have a large pool of service providers to choose from. In a bid to maintain a loyal consumer base, companies are establishing strategic alliances with technological giants, data centers, healthcare industries, and others to provide customizable solutions for their products. For instance, in March 2019, Boston Limited, a company that manufactures storage devices, servers, and similar products announced a partnership with Asperitas, a liquid cooling systems provider. According to this partnership, Asperitas will be providing liquid cooling solutions for Boston Limited’s products.
Another overarching strategy that has helped players expand their footprints in the liquid cooling systems market is the inclusion of novel cooling products in their portfolio. New-age data centers demand highly advanced cooling solutions that are reliable and offer impeccable consistency. Sensing this demand, companies are laying considerable emphasis on product innovation. For example, in January 2019, CoolIT Systems, Inc. launched a novel liquid cooling solution made for the Intel Server System S9200WK. Similarly, Asetek, Inc. collaborated with Intel Corporation to develop a novel all-in-one liquid cooler called Asetek 690LX-PN for gaming and data center applications.
Product Innovation to Drive Competition
The liquid cooling systems market features a moderately competitive vendor landscape, characterized by the presence of a large number of component suppliers, manufacturers, and distributors. Key companies functioning in the market include Laird Thermal Systems, Boyd Corporation, Lytron Inc., Rittal GmbH & Co. KG, and Asetek, Inc., among others. The competition in the market is mainly driven by product innovation, as players are strengthening their technological bases through collaborations and partnerships.
Established players are making a mark in the market through the expansion of their geographical presence, and also sizeable investments in research and development activities. Players are also participating in conferences and tech events for product demonstration, and creating a global presence. For instance, Allied Control Ltd. recently participated in the Supercomputing Conference to exhibit a two-phase immersion cooling system. Providing instant customized quotations is another differentiating strategy deployed by key players. This helps customers take quick decisions about product purchasing through quick pricing estimation. Further, building a robust distribution network also remains a key focus area for partakers.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Analysts’ Viewpoint on the Market
Authors of the report predict the liquid cooling systems market to grow rapidly over the forecast period. According to TMR’s analysts, manufacturers should focus on product innovation as a key differentiating strategy in the market. Also, in order to align with the recent trends, companies should strengthen their relationships with smartphone manufacturers to bank on the demand for cooling system integrated smartphones. Further, strategic collaborations will help players expand their consumer base and launch technologically-advanced products. Apart from this, building a strong distribution network and rigorous product promotion is expected to help market players gain a hold in the market.
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the global liquid cooling systems market for the historical period of 2014–2018 and the forecast period of 2019–2027, the rising demand for liquid cooling systems from data centers and increasing use of gaming applications are expected to drive the global liquid cooling systems market during the forecast period.
- In terms of revenue, the global liquid cooling systems market is estimated to reach a value of ~ US$ 2.4 Bn in 2019, expanding at a CAGR of ~ 13% throughout the forecast period.
Robust Growth in Data Centers & Gaming Computers: A Key Driver
- Countries in North America, Asia Pacific, and Europe have witnessed tremendous increase in the number of data centers in recent years, which has led to tremendous increase in the demand for liquid cooling systems in these countries.
- Liquid cooling becomes a feasible solution for these increasing rack densities, as it is capable of providing approximately 100 kW of cooling per rack.
- Continuous growth in gaming computers with technical innovations such as AI, VR, and video games tournaments has led to the increased demand for liquid cooling systems.
Development of New Products with Efficient Cooling - Latest Trend Being Adopted by Key Market Players
- The global liquid cooling systems market is expanding continuously, with the increasing number of applications that require these systems to cool high-processing computer systems.
- Several well-established and emerging players that design and manufacture liquid cooling systems are trying to compete with one another to gain a higher market share. Also, these players in the liquid cooling systems market are innovating new systems with a variety of features to attract more number of customers.
- For instance, in May 2019, Asetek, a liquid cooler provider, announced the launch of its new generation of liquid cooling technology for hardcore gamers. Asetek offers superior performance with minimal noise.
High Costs to Pose a Major Challenge to Liquid Cooling Systems
- Liquid cooling systems are increasingly being used for multiple applications such as data centers, smartphones, and semiconductors, due to their higher efficiency and overclocking capabilities as compared to air cooling systems.
- Furthermore, due to technological innovations in the IT industry, higher server density than usual is required, which can be achieved by using liquid cooling systems. However, the costs of liquid cooling systems are very high as compared to air cooling systems.
- Additionally, the building costs of liquid cooling systems depend upon the requirement and usage. High costs of liquid cooling systems restrict the liquid cooling systems market.
Global Liquid Cooling Systems Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of manufacturers of liquid cooling systems have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies.
- Key players operating in the global liquid cooling systems market are
- Laird Thermal Systems,
- Boyd Corporation, Lytron Inc.,
- Rittal GmbH and Co. Kg.,
- Schneider Electric SE,
- Green Revolution Cooling Inc.,
- Midas Green Technologies LLC,
- Allied Control Ltd., and
- CoolIT Systems, Inc.
Global Liquid Cooling Systems Market: Key Developments
Key manufacturers operating in the global liquid cooling systems market, such as Boyd Corporation and Lytron Inc., are strengthening their market position by improving their product quality and expanding their business. Certain key developments in the global liquid cooling systems market are as follows:
- In April 2019, Boyd Corporation announced its expansion in South Asia by opening a new facility in Noida, India. This new facility is certified with ISO 9001 and 14001 for the production of converted components.
- In 2018, Rittal GmbH & Co. KG introduced an innovative solution called LCP DX (i.e. liquid cooling package), which contains both, water as well as a refrigerant circuit to produce a cooling output that is in line with the outside temperature.
- In January 2019, Asetek, Inc. announced the availability of its technologically-advanced all-in-one liquid cooler for gaming and data center applications. The new product called ‘Asetek 690LX-PN’, is manufactured in partnership with Intel Corporation for providing efficient cooling to workstations and content creation workloads.
In the report on the global liquid cooling systems market, we have discussed individual strategies of manufacturers of liquid cooling systems, followed by their company profiles. The ‘Competitive Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global liquid cooling systems market.
Liquid Cooling Systems Market: Introduction
Transparency Market Research recently published a report on the liquid cooling systems market, which provides readers with an overall market perspective that will help them take well-informed business decisions. TMR’s study provides an exhaustive analysis of the liquid cooling systems market, and assesses its growth for the forecast period of 2019 to 2027. It offers succinct details about the market dynamics and factors instrumental in the growth of the liquid cooling systems market.
Through this report on the liquid cooling systems market, stakeholders can gain incisive insights pertaining to the key trends, opportunities, risks, and drivers in the market. The study analyzes the historical trends in the liquid cooling systems market and their impact on current industry dynamics. Industry leaders, researchers, CEOs of leading organizations, and others can leverage the information presented in the liquid cooling systems market report.
The study gives a brief overview of the prominent companies operating in the liquid cooling systems market. It provides information such as the market share and volume of sales of each company. Further, it sheds light on the key business strategies deployed by leading market players. The study determines how changes in consumer behavior have impacted the business decisions taken by key enterprises in the liquid cooling systems market.
The information presented in the report on the liquid cooling systems market is divided into different chapters for the better understanding of readers. The report also provides a geographical evaluation and highlights the key regional trends in the liquid cooling systems market. Moreover, it sheds light on the strategies deployed by players to proliferate regional markets.
Key Questions Answered in the Report on the Liquid Cooling Systems Market
The study provides a 360-degree view of the liquid cooling systems market, which helps stakeholders devise robust strategies for their businesses. It answers significant questions pertaining to the key happenings in the market, and how the liquid cooling systems market will evolve through to 2027. Some of the key questions answered in the study include-
- Which segment in the liquid cooling systems market will grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period?
- What will be the volume and sales of the liquid cooling systems in 2027?
- How will the liquid cooling systems market shape up during the forecast period?
- What are the competitive strategies deployed by key players functioning in the liquid cooling systems market?
- Which region will present the most lucrative opportunities for the liquid cooling systems market’s growth?
- What is the market share of the leading players operating in the liquid cooling systems market?
Liquid Cooling Systems Market: Research Methodology
A top-down and bottom-up approach has been deployed to gain in-depth understanding of the liquid cooling systems market. Key market numbers have been obtained through the bottom-up approach, whereas, the top-down approach has been used to counter-validate these numbers. Comprehensive primary and secondary research has been conducted to understand the opportunities, scope, and growth prospects in the liquid cooling systems market.
Secondary sources that have been relied upon to devise this report include manufacturers and trade associations, company annual and financial reports, government and macro-economic data, case studies, white papers, and publications. For the primary research, TMR analysts have interviewed C-level executives, industry leaders, sales managers, marketing managers, and other professionals in the liquid cooling system industry.
Liquid Cooling Systems Market: Taxonomy
The report on the liquid cooling systems market is divided into three broad categories - type, end-use industry, and region. The information presented in the report helps readers identify key growth opportunities in each segment and understand segment-specific trends.
Liquid Heat Exchanger Systems
Compressor-based Systems (Recirculating Chillers)
Middle East and Africa