Residential Gas Generator Market: Introduction
- Generators can be defined as a machine that converts mechanical energy into electrical energy. There are two types of generators: mobile or portable generators and stationary generators.
- Several types of fuels such as diesel, natural gas, and renewable gas can be used to run generators
- Gas generators are the most common type of generators, designed for maximum electrical power with high reliability, availability, and low operating and service costs
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Residential Gas Generator Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Key Drivers of Residential Gas Generator Market:
- Natural calamities and bad weather are the major reasons for power outages. Generally, power failures are caused by natural weather phenomena such as lightning, rain, snow, ice, wind, floods, and severe storms. Such type of natural disasters disrupt the continuous power supply, which causes major faults or breakdowns in the power grid. Therefore, residential consumers rely on gas generators as their auxiliary power source. Continuous power requirement and unreliable power supply situation have spurred the demand for residential gas generators.
- Natural gas is eco-friendly in nature which is an advantage over diesel generators. Natural gas powered gensets release fewer amounts of CO2, nitrogen, and sulfur. Furthermore, these gensets make less noise and do not produce an odor when operated. These factors drive the residential gas generators market.
- Factors including ongoing improvements in gas generator design and production and the plummeting cost of natural gas are likely to fuel adoption of residential gas generators.
- Emergence of Bluetooth-enabled portable gas generators is one of the key trends that would gain traction in the market during the next few years. Bluetooth connectivity enables operators to monitor generators from remote locations. Additionally, it provides visibility of various parameters such as average energy consumed, total operation hours, and maintenance reminders. Moreover, integration of these portable generators with Bluetooth also aids in checking fuel levels and performance. Such benefits are expected to drive consumer preference for these generators, thereby, driving the market.
- However, for residential consumers, solutions that use battery power packs or inverter technology are cost-effective and more environment-friendly than generators. Therefore, power packs are ideal for residential applications and are expected to pose a challenge to the global residential gas generator market.
Residential Stationary Gas Generator Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities:
- The global residential gas generator market can be segmented in terms of type, power rating, and region
- Based on type, the market can be divided into: portable and stationary. The stationary segment accounted for significant share in global residential gas generator market in 2018. One of the key factors driving the growth of this market segment is the operational reliability of these generators in addressing high-power requirements.
- In terms of power rating, the global residential gas generator market can be classified into: up to 100 kW and more than 100 kW. The up to 100kW segment dominated the residential gas generator market in 2018 and this trend is expected to remain the same during the forecast period. Increase in population on a global level is anticipated to increase the demand for power backup, which, in turn, is anticipated to boost the up to 100kW segment during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Residential Gas Generator Market:
- Based on region, the global residential gas generator market can be classified into: North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global residential gas generator market in 2018. This trend is estimated to continue during the forecast period, owing to increase in urbanization in several countries in region such as China, India, Indonesia, and Thailand.
- China is the most populated country in the world, hence the demand for electricity in the country is very high. China’s fast economic growth and rise in living standards are major factors driving the demand for electricity in the country.
- In 2017, the number of blackouts across New Zealand increased by 36%, while Australia experienced a 19% rise. In 2017, more than 1.7 million people were affected by power outages in Australia and New Zealand. Thus, sales of generators in Australia and New Zealand are expected to boost during the forecast period.
- In terms of revenue, North America and Europe are expected to contribute significantly to the global residential gas generator market during the forecast period owing to stringent regulations by EPA regarding emissions
- In the U.S., most power outages occurred mainly due to the weather and falling trees. For example, a powerful storm that pounded the Northeast U.S. on October 29, 2017 left more than 1.5 million customers in the dark throughout Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts, some for up to three days. The lengthy blackout prompted many communities to cancel trick-or-treating activities, as utility companies brought in crews from other East Coast states to help restore electricity faster. Such factor are likely to drive the residential gas generator market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Residential Gas Generator Market here
Key Players Operating in the Residential Gas Generator Market:
The global residential gas generator market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 40%–45% share of the market. A few key players operating in the global residential gas generator market are:
- Cummins Inc.
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Aggreko PLC
- Kirloskar Electric Co. Ltd.
- Himoinsa S.L.
- G.Wilson Inc.
- Briggs & Stratton Corporation
- Generac Power Systems
- Kohler Co
Global Residential Gas Generator Market: Research Scope
Global Residential Gas Generator Market, by Type
Global Residential Gas Generator Market, by Power Rating
- Up to 100 kW
- More than 100 kW
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.