Potentiometric Titrators: Introduction
- Potentiometric titration is a volumetric technique, wherein the potential between the indicator electrode and the reference electrode is calculated as a function of titrant volume
- The process involves measuring and recording the cell potential (in units of millivolts or pH) after each addition of the titrant
- Potentiometric titrators are designed to offer easier, more reliable, and more productive titrations than the conventional titrations
- Potentiometric titrators are used for various titrations such as neutralization, complex formation, precipitation, and oxidation/reduction titrations
- A potentiometric titrator includes a reference electrode, indicator electrode, salt bridge, and other components
- These titrators are applicable in various end-use sectors such as industrial, healthcare, oil & gas, food & beverages, and petroleum
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Key Drivers of Global Potentiometric Titrator Market
- The global potentiometric titrator market is expected to expand during the forecast period, owing to increasing demand for these titrators for several applications in the food & beverages industry
- Potentiometric titrators are useful to regulate the texture, appearance, nutrition, taste, and stability of food and beverages. This factor is expected to fuel the global potentiometric titrator market during the forecast period.
- Companies operating in the global potentiometric titrator market are investing to expand their product portfolios and improve their distribution networks. They have adopted strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, development of new products, joint ventures, and expansions to cater to the increasing demand for potentiometric titrators in different regions.
Pharmaceutical Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- A potentiometric titrator is crucial for analysis of various raw materials used in the pharmaceutical industry
- Manufacturers are offering automatic potentiometric titrators with various features such as automatic calculation and graphing, dispensing of the titrant, and end-point detection. This is expected to increase usage of automatic potentiometric titrators in various quality control applications in the next few years.
- Moreover, leading manufacturers of potentiometric titrators are planning to increase investments in the research and development of advanced potentiometric titrators. These factors are expected to drive the demand for potentiometric titrators during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Sensitivity of Potentiometric Titrators
- In the process of potentiometric titration, a small addition of the titrant cam change pH drastically. Potentiometric titrators are highly pH sensitive. This is expected to limit the usage of potentiometric titrators in several applications during the forecast period.
- However, the development of new potentiometric titrators is expected to fuel the global potentiometric titrator market during the forecast period
Europe to Hold a Major Share of Global Potentiometric Titrator Market
- Europe is a leading region of the global potentiometric titrator market, followed by North America and Asia. The U.K., Germany, and France are key markets for potentiometric titrators in the region. In terms of demand, these countries account for a major share of the market in the region. Increase in the demand for potentiometric titrators in Europe can be attributed to growing industrialization in the region.
- In addition to this, the demand for potentiometric titrators in the pharmaceutical industry in Europe is expected to increase in the next few years. This is expected to augment the demand for potentiometric titrators during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global potentiometric titrator market is highly concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–35% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global potentiometric titrator market are:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Koehler Instrument Company, Inc.
- Mettler Toledo
- Metrohm India Limited
- Veego Instruments Corporation
- GPS, Ltd
- Hanna Instruments
- KYOTO ELECTRONICS MANUFACTURING CO., LTD.
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation
- SPECTRA LAB INSTRUMENTS PVT. LTD.
Global Potentiometric Titrator Market: Research Scope
Global Potentiometric Titrator Market, by Titration Type
Global Potentiometric Titrator Market, by End-use Industry
- Food & Beverages
- Oil & Gas
Global Potentiometric Titrator Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.