Global 3D-printed Battery Market - Overview
A 3D-printed battery can be defined as a battery manufactured by using metallic printed structures for applications such as super capacitors and microfluidic devices. Over the years, there has been an advancement toward designing and fabrication of complex structures by utilizing 3D printing. 3D printing has the ability to provide a beneficial platform for creation of low-cost 3D components for an extensive array of applications. 3D printing manufacturing reduces material, labor and transportation costs. Manufacturing units have been able to cut down on material wastage through the use of 3D printing. Also, governments across the world have already started investing in R&D on 3D printing, which has a positive impact on technology propagation and adoption. 3D printing technology provides a unique platform for rapid prototyping of numerous applications due to its ability to produce low-cost, 3D-printed platforms. For example, a graphene-based polylactic acid (graphene/PLA) filament has been 3D-printed to fabricate a wide range of 3D disk electrode (3DE) configurations by using the conventional RepRap FDM (fused deposition molding) 3D printer, which requires no further modification/ex-situ curing step.
Global 3D-printed Battery Market: Drivers and Restraints
Factors such as increasing advent of Internet of Things (IoT) are propelling the 3D-printed battery market. Also, development of ultra-low-power electric components is augmenting the market. Furthermore, rising use of renewable energy calls for the need to store energy. This factor is also driving the 3D-printed battery market. On the other hand, high cost of equipment that are required to take 3D printing to an industrial scale are restraining the 3D-printed battery market. Also, lack of international standards bodies which regulate manufacturers is also hindering the 3D-printed battery market.
In terms of architectural process, the 3D-printed battery market has been segmented into graphene-based PLA filaments, graphene-based Li-ion anodes, solid state graphene super capacitors, platinum-based electrodes, and others.
Based on end-use application, the 3D-printed Battery Market has been divided into energy storage devices, electronics, and others.
Based on geography, the global 3D-printed battery market has been segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Among these, Asia Pacific is the largest market, owing to increasing adoption of electric vehicles and shift toward using energy storage devices in the region.
Global 3D-printed Battery Market : Key Players
Key players operating in the 3D-printed battery market include 3D London 3D Printing, Tec.Fit, Enicon Limited, Ecoreprap, Pawsthetics, Conmatix, and Filament & Meer.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.