High Reliability Semiconductor Market
High Reliability Semiconductor Market (Type: Discrete, Analog, and Mixed; Packaging Material: Plastic and Ceramics; Technology: Surface Mount Technology [SMT] and Through Hole Technology [THT]; Quality Level: JAN, JANX, JANTXV, JANS, JANSR, QMLQ, and QMLV; and End-use Industry: Aerospace, Defense, and Space) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
- Electronics & Semiconductors
- 283 Pages
Large Volume Industries Affect Business for High Reliability Components Post COVID-19 Crisis
Apart from large companies servicing high volume consumer segment, the COVID-19 crisis has affected small companies in the high reliability semiconductor market. For instance, Astute Electronics - a distributor of high-reliability devices for aerospace, military, and space industries, has mandated the staff at Shanghai to work-from-home as per government guidelines.
The stockpiling of inventory is being observed among small companies, which has created scope for efficient supply chains. However, restricted travel and cancellation of annual sales conferences are among other trends in the global high reliability semiconductor market that are affecting market movement. The bare PCB (Printed Circuit Board) production is witnessing a slight dip, while metal prices are experiencing a decline. Though it is too soon to predict future market trends, analysts at the Transparency Market Research (TMR) anticipate that once China starts working in full capacity, large volume industries will affect business activities for high reliability components.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the High Reliability Semiconductor Market
Online Purchase of High Reliability Devices Play Instrumental Role in Space Applications
Companies in the high reliability semiconductor market are making products available online. Texas Instruments (TI) is gaining recognition for making high reliability components immediately available for online purchase to help stakeholders in aerospace and defense quickly authenticate their products for next-gen space and military applications.
The high reliability semiconductor market is expected to reach the value of US$ 10 Bn by 2031. Engineers and purchasing managers in semiconductor companies are gaining awareness about online retail of high reliability semiconductor products. As such, manufacturers are boosting their production capabilities in radiation-hardened and radiation-tolerant products enclosed in metal, plastic, and ceramic packages that are gaining prominence in avionics, space, and defense system designs.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Uniform Manufacturing Practices Help Develop Next-gen SiC Products for Mission-critical Applications
Silicon carbide (SiC) is being associated with high thermal conductivity, as it dissipates heat more quickly than other semiconductor materials. However, it is becoming potentially challenging for SiC suppliers in the high reliability semiconductor market to keep up with rapid demand growth rates. Moreover, low-cost devices are unable to satisfy high reliability requirements for mission critical applications in aerospace, defense, and space applications. Hence, designers should carefully evaluate uniform manufacturing practices and ensure high device performance and reliability in components.
Continuous demand and new trends in SiC products are translating into incremental opportunities for suppliers and manufacturers. Companies are increasing efforts to optimize production processes for SiC products to capitalize on business opportunities. They are increasing efforts to revolutionize the substrate supply chain to provide a rapid response to the growing demand for high-power solutions.
QPL, Non-QPL Diodes Gain Prominence in Extreme Military Environments
Manufacturers in the high reliability semiconductor market are increasing the availability for products aligned with the Qualified Products List (QPL) and non-QPL rectifiers. Semtech Corporation - a supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors is bolstering its manufacturing of QPL and non-QPL rectifiers, Zener diodes in axial & surface-mount packages, and transient voltage suppression (TVS) products.
Companies in the high reliability semiconductor market are developing products that operate across a wide temperature range in unforgiving environments of the military, industrial, and aerospace applications. They are increasing production capacities in assemblies for catalog & custom configurations, Commercial Off-The-Shelf diodes, and power management devices that meet demanding applications. Cutting-edge diodes are being produced to suit applications such as switching of power supply and steering in extreme environments of military and aerospace segments.
High Speed In-line Metrology Tools Help Overcome Defect Challenges for IC Packaging
The high reliability semiconductor market is slated to clock a modest CAGR of ~5% during the projected period. This is evident since stakeholders are facing defect challenges for IC (Integrated Circuit) packaging. Apart from increasing process challenges linked to the manufacture of complex packages, there is a growing need for in-line process control due to high cost of yield loss associated with multiple devices into these packages. In order to meet these requirements, packaging vendors are adopting optical inspection equipment and other tools to ensure in-line process control and overcome defect challenges for IC packaging.
Apart from using X-ray and C-SAM (confocal scanning acoustic microscopy) optical inspection equipment for sample process monitoring and failure analysis, packaging vendors in the high reliability semiconductor market are using high speed, in-line metrology tools. These tools are combined with advanced ML (Machine Learning) analytical capabilities to monitor packaging processes and detect any process drift on a real-time basis.
High Reliability RF Packages Deliver Flight Parts Being Launched into Space
Recently in February 2021, Criteria Labs - a specialist in semiconductor engineering and services announced to expand its capabilities in high reliability RF (radiofrequency) space and defense solutions. Stakeholders are taking cues from such developments and increasing efforts to develop robust GaN (Gallium nitride) power amplifiers, solid-state power amplifiers, and gain clocks to meet demanding military and space applications. These products are built to function in harsh environments and can be leveraged in a multitude of high reliability RF space electronic systems.
Companies in the high reliability semiconductor market are innovating in space qualified RF packages that hold promising potentials to operate under the most severe conditions. In order to bolster their credibility credentials, companies are delivering flight parts that are being launched into space.
Isolated Gate Driver Being Developed to Support Satellite Power Systems
Strategic partnerships are helping companies in the high reliability semiconductor market to introduce the isolation technology to space, military, and the oil & gas sectors. Silicon Labs - a leading provider of silicon & software solutions has announced its high reliability isolation partnership with Teledyne e2v HiRel - a provider of high reliability semiconductors to optimize space and military segments.
Companies in the high reliability semiconductor market are developing custom high reliability solutions such as isolated gate drivers that are optimized for aerospace, military, and oil & gas industries. The growing demand for advanced technology is triggering the demand for custom high reliability solutions. Isolated gate drivers are being screened and run under quality tests to adhere with specific market specifications with a focus on satellite power systems supporting satellite communications.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on High Reliability Semiconductor Market
Large volume industries are anticipated to queue before low volume applications for high reliability devices once China starts working in full capacity post the COVID-19 crisis in 2021. However, as the package complexity and density increases for high reliability components, traditional X-ray and C-SAM optical inspection equipment face limitations. Hence, packaging vendors are using high-speed, in-line metrology tools combined with advanced ML analytical capabilities to prevent yield loss and reliability failures in packaging applications. Companies in the high reliability semiconductor market are increasing their R&D capabilities to offer proprietary silicon isolation technology to deploy high-performance noise immunity in components used for space and military segments.
High Reliability Semiconductor Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global high reliability semiconductor market for the historical period of 2017–2019 and the forecast period of 2021–2031, the increasing application areas of high reliability semiconductors, such as aerospace and defense and rising efficiency and productivity of manufacturers are the major factors expected to boost the global high reliability semiconductor market during the forecast period
- The high reliability semiconductor market can be bifurcated based on type, packaging material, technology, quality level, and end-use industry. In terms of type, discrete and analog are projected to expand at a CAGR of 4.8% and 5.2%, respectively, for the period of 2017 to 2031. Discrete and analog have wide range of applications such as voltage regulation, surge protection, switching, power conversion, etc.
- Based on end-use industry, the defense segment of the high reliability semiconductor market is set to expand at a CAGR of 4.9% from 2017 to 2031 due to increasing investments on defense by governments of developing economies. Moroever, demand for high reliability semiconductors in the aerospace sector is increasing due to rising commercial aircraft deliveries. The increasing usage of electronic devices in aircraft parts is fueling the growth of the high reliability semiconductor market.
- In terms of revenue, the global high reliability semiconductor market is expected to reach the value of ~US$ 10 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period
Rising Number of Commercial Aircraft: A Key Driver
- The commercial aircraft sector is growing at a significant rate due to factors, such as rising number of passengers and increasing need to replace obsolete equipment. According to the study, a large number of aircraft is likely to be manufactured due to order backlog of commercial aircraft companies. These aircraft are manufactured with next generation fuel efficient technology.
- Moreover, urbanization in emerging economies is likely to cause middle-class air passengers to rise by around 50% by 2030 to almost 6 billion. Air traffic in Asia Pacific is projected to surpass that of Europe and North America. This increase in air traffic is driving the demand for aircraft parts and components, which, in turn, fuels the growth of the high reliability semiconductor market.
Features of High Reliability Semiconductors
- High reliability semiconductors have applications in extreme conditions due to their features such as high performance and uninterrupted running of devices. The defense and space industry requires high level and long-term reliability devices for their missions. This requirement is satisfied by high reliability semiconductors, which find applications in avionics systems, satellites, combat vehicles, and other applications.
- High reliability semiconductors include devices such as data converters, amplifiers, RF microwaves, and MEMS products. These are manufactured to perform in hazardous conditions thus fueling the growth of the high reliability semiconductor market.
High Reliability Semiconductor Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of high reliability semiconductors have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global high reliability semiconductor market are
- Digitron Semiconductors
- Infineon Technologies AG
- KCB Solutions
- Semtech Corporation
- Skyworks Inc.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc.
- Testime Technology Ltd.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
High Reliability Semiconductor Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of high reliability semiconductors, such as Infineon Technologies AG, Teledyne Technologies Inc. Texas Instruments Incorporated, and Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. are focusing on technological developments. Some other key developments in the global high reliability semiconductor market are highlighted below:
- In March 2019, SEMICOA Company announced a new family of all-ceramic packaged diodes specifically designed to withstand the rigors of space applications
- In February 2018, Microsemi announced the launch of Schottky barrier diodes, which expands its SiC discrete and modules portfolio. The SiC MOSFET product family is avalanche rated, demonstrating the ruggedness of the devices for industrial, automotive, and commercial aviation.
- Infineon Technologies AG, one of the major players in high reliability semiconductors recently expanded its portfolio of high-reliability products, which include Rad-Hard MOSFETs and microwave diodes and transistors
- Texas Instruments Inc. has made significant investments over the years in research and development to improve existing technology and products, and develop new products to meet changing customer demands
- In the global high reliability semiconductor market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of high reliability semiconductors. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global high reliability semiconductor market.
High Reliability Semiconductor Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global high reliability semiconductor market is published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information on key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges for the global high reliability semiconductor market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global high reliability semiconductor market in order to illustrate how the market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2021–2031.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global high reliability semiconductor market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global high reliability semiconductor market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global high reliability semiconductor market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global high reliability semiconductor market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study of High Reliability Semiconductor Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global high reliability semiconductor market between 2021 and 2031?
- What is the influence of changing trends on the type segment of the global high reliability semiconductor market?
- Would Asia Pacific continue to be the most dominant regional market for providers of high reliability semiconductors over the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global high reliability semiconductor market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global high reliability semiconductor market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global high reliability semiconductor market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global high reliability semiconductor market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the global high reliability semiconductor market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global high reliability semiconductor market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global high reliability semiconductor market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global high reliability semiconductor market more reliable and accurate.
High Reliability Semiconductor Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study of the global high reliability semiconductor market segments the market based on type, packaging material, technology, quality level, end-use industry, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global high reliability semiconductor market have been discussed in detail in TMR’s study.