Filtered Connectors Market - Introduction
Electromagnetic noise suppression or filtering in connectors can be accomplished by adding diodes and condensers to separate high-voltage or high-frequency noise interference from the required reduced frequency signals. These connectors are called filtered connectors and have been used for over three centuries in the sector to provide cost-effective and space-efficient alternatives to EMI issues. They can be used in various applications such as consumer electronics, avionics systems, satellites, missiles, communications and medical instruments.
A low-pass filtered connector is incorporated into the connector body with ferrite inductors and condensers. Two kinds of condensers are planar arrays and tubular condensers used in filtered connectors. Both of these condensers function as high frequency (> 1 GHz) effective filters and are reliable when incorporated into a connector.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights, Request for a Brochure here
Filtered Connectors Market – Competitive Landscape
- In July 2019, Amphenol introduced “ecomate”, family of circular, multiway connectors that provides an IP65-69k rating range for indoor/outdoor industrial applications. These connectors feature robust, metal designs or durable plastic with either bayonet or rapid coupling systems
- In September 2018, TE Connectivity introduced its new ERFV RF coax connectors for 5G wireless applications. With the implementation of antenna and radio board-to-board and board-to-filter connections at a reduced price, TE's fresh ERFV RF coax connectors support wireless designs of the next generation.
Founded in 1932, Amphenol Corporation is headquartered in Wallingford, Connecticut, the U.S. Amphenol is a manufacturer of interconnect products. The company designs, manufactures and sells electronic, electrical and fiber optic connectors, interconnect systems, and coaxial and flat-ribbon cable.
Incorporated in 1956, Glenair, Inc. is based in Washington, the U.S. The company produces electrical connector accessories. Glenair offers various full-spectrum product lines specifically intended to fulfill every interconnect requirement, including a wide range of military qualified and commercial connectors.
API Technologies Corp.
Established in 1906, API Technologies Corp. is a global technology company that designs and provides microelectronics, RF/microwave and security technologies solutions for a comprehensive range of critical and high-reliability applications.
Cristek Interconnects, Inc.
Founded in 1985, Cristek Interconnects, Inc. manufactures electronic connectors for the defense and aerospace industries.
The worldwide market for filtered connectors is an extremely competitive market with many tiny and regional providers. Some of the significant players in the Filtered Connectors Market are AEF Solutions, Filconn, Connective Design, ITT Interconnect Solutions, EMP Connectors, Outman Industries, Smiths Connectors, Polamco, SOURIAU among others. Prominent suppliers are using optimized techniques to adopt a number of development policies to enhance their product portfolio. These sellers also look at ways to boost the penetration of the market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report here
Filtered Connectors Market - Dynamics
Growing Use of Personal Electronic Devices and Rapid industrialization
The extended use of personal electronic devices is one of the main drivers of market development. The need for individuals to remain connected has resulted to the growth of the Things Internet that allows devices to communicate wirelessly to each other. Such wireless connections have led to enhanced problems of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) that could lead to deadly crashes when dealing with medical devices or aircraft navigation systems. Using filtered connectors, unwanted electromagnetic interference is filtered out.
Military applications also require high-end filtered connectors to filter the EMI radiated by radar signals sent out by airports and aircraft. It is also expected that emerging developments such as the use of composite metals to produce filtered connectors will help market growth in the years to come. Plastic is the only material capable of matching metals such as aluminum, titanium and steel performance. To shape composites that achieve high-performance levels, plastic polymers can be mixed with glass or other materials. Some of the benefits of making filtered connectors using composites are corrosion resistance, weight reduction, and vibration dampening.
Geographically, Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at highest growth rate during the forecast period. The increasing demand from developing economies such as India and Malaysia is expected to have a positive influence on the regional market growth. Many global manufacturing companies form the region are establishing aerospace, electronics and even automotive units.
Filtered Connectors Market – Segmentation
The filtered connectors Market can be segmented based on:
Filtered Connectors Market Segmentation – By Application
Based on the application, the filtered connectors market can be fragmented into:
- Military and aerospace
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.