Plastic Lubricants Market: Introduction
- The global plastic lubricants market is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to properties of these lubricants such as high internal strength and flexibility, high dielectric strength, high resistance to shear, and high thermal conductivity. All these properties of plastic lubricants are expected to drive the global plastic lubricants market during the forecast period.
- A plastic lubricant is a formulation of silicone that is dispersed in an odorless solvent to lubricate a wide range of plastic parts. The fluid is clear, colorless, and odorless. The silicone film reduces the coefficient of friction between plastic parts, thereby imparting excellent lubricity and extended service life to the parts it is applied to.
- A plastic lubricant is a non-flammable, non-toxic and non-reactive silicone emulsion that is composed of 60% of active polydimethylsiloxane fluid. It is compatible with surfaces made of virtually all plastics including polyvinyl chloride, low-density polyethylene (LDPE), and high-density polyethylene (HDPE).
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Key Drivers of Global Plastic Lubricants Market
- Stressful driving conditions such as stop-and-go traffic, idling, and frequent short trips lessen the efficiency of vehicles. For better functioning of vehicles and protection of engines, plastic lubricants are used. As vehicles become old, frequency of oil change and other maintenance activities increases.
- Vehicles require oil change and other maintenance activities as long as they are in use. Owing to stable production and sale of vehicles, the global plastic lubricants market is expected to continue to witness growth during the forecast period.
- The global trade is dominated by member countries of BRIC, due to their increased manufacturing activities, risen automotive production, and grown international trade. Hence, these countries offer high growth potential to the plastic lubricants market.
- Asia Pacific accounts for a significant share of the global plastic lubricants market, followed by Europe and North America. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period also. However, share of Asia Pacific is expected to increase while that of Europe as well as North America is anticipated to decrease during the forecast period. Decrease in the market share of Europe and North America is attributable to increasing health awareness and rising number of environment-related regulations in these regions, which is leading to use of alternative means of transportation in place of personal vehicles.
Automotive Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- In terms of volume and value, automotive is projected to be the rapidly expanding segment of the global plastic lubricants market during the forecast period
- There has been continuous shift toward use of lubricants with lower viscosity grade. These lubricants are fully synthetic or semi-synthetic in nature. They help generate higher revenues for manufacturers and offer longer oil drain intervals to consumers. It is a win-win situation for both manufacturers and consumers.
- Plastic lubricants provide better performance and improve fuel economy. They are recommended by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). These factors are anticipated to drive the global synthetics lubricants market significantly during the forecast period.
- Key factors that drive the global plastic lubricants market include increasingly stringent norms on carbon emissions and fuel consumption and more exacting OEM specifications
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
High Prices Likely to Hamper Plastic Lubricants Market
- Demand for inorganic lubricants is high in North America and Europe, due to regulatory implications regarding vehicles and customer requirements. This is not the case with Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa regions, where a majority of consumers prefer affordability of lubricants over their quality. This hinders the demand for inorganic lubricants in these regions.
- In the U.K., newly launched buses powered by human waste are anticipated to provide a sustainable method of promoting public transport by reducing emissions in polluted towns and cities. These buses run on gas generated through treatment of sewage and food waste. Less emissions are produced with the use of this biofuel compared to traditional diesel engines and this is expected to improve urban air quality in the U.K. in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Plastic Lubricants Market
- Asia Pacific is a leading region of the global plastic lubricants market, in terms of demand
- Growth opportunities for the plastic lubricants market are immense in environmentally sensitive zones. This is attributable to federal procurement programs and tenders and self-regulation by OEMs and trade associations. On the other hand, relatively limited uptake of plastic lubricants in Europe is attributable to lack of regulations and domestic labels, high prices, and lack of suitable additives.
- North America and Europe are considered mature markets for plastic lubricants, owing to presence of already established key players in these regions and developed economy of these regions
Key Players Operating in Global Plastic Lubricants Market
Key players operating in the global plastic lubricants market are:
- ExxonMobil Corporation
- Chevron Phillips
- Shell Plc
- BP plc.
- PETRONAS Lubricants International
- Total S.A.
Global Plastic Lubricants Market: Research Scope
Global Plastic Lubricants Market, by Product
Global Plastic Lubricants Market, by Application
Global Plastic Lubricants Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.