Global Floor Screed Market: Introduction
- The screeding process involves application of a well-blended mixture of cement, graded aggregates, and water onto a floor base. Screeding helps form a strong sub-floor before final floor finish.
- Floor screed is a cementitious material formulated with cement, water, and aggregates. It is applied onto precast concrete floor unit or concrete ground floor slab. Various types of screeds, such as bonded, un-bonded, floating, and flowing, are available in the market.
- Floor screeds are soil-like mixtures composed of cement, sand (fine or sharp), and fine aggregates. The maximum size of grain for usage in dry screed varies from 4mm to 5mm.
- Floor screeds are widely used materials for internal floor finishing. They offer smooth flooring finish. The screed is placed onto a suitable membrane, which is placed on the slab or directly laid on to the base floor.
Rise in Construction to Drive Global Floor Screed Market
- Increase in urbanization and constant growth in population are driving the building & construction industry across the globe. Growth in the infrastructure industry is boosting the demand for construction materials such as floor screeds.
- Rise in investment in real estate and infrastructure, growth in disposable income, increase in trend of esthetic buildings, availability of high-quality flooring, and demand for superior interiors are factors driving the global floor screed market
- Volatility in prices of raw materials and economic slowdown are estimated to adversely affect the global floor screed market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Un-bonded Screed Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on screed type, the global floor screed market can be segmented into bonded, un-bonded, floating, flowing, heated, and others
- Bonded screed is directly applied on the concrete base, while un-bonded screed is applied on water-resistant membrane over concrete based surface
- Flowing screeds or liquid screeds are manufactured with the use of recycled calcium sulfate binder. It helps provide a level surface in domestic and commercial buildings. Floating screeds are applied onto insulating surfaces of underfloor heating systems.
Sand/Cement Screed Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on material type, the global floor screed market can be segmented into sand/cement, calcium sulfate, and synthetic resin screed
- The sand/cement screed segment is anticipated to account for prominent share of the market during the forecast period
- Sand/cement screed is a widely used type of material. It contains sand mixed with cement and water, and has semi-dry consistency. It is usually mixed on site or conveyed from a factory.
Residential Segment to Provide Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on end-use, the global floor screed market can be divided into residential, commercial, and industrial
- Residential is projected to be a highly lucrative segment of the global floor screed market during the forecast period. The segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
- Floor screed with harsh aggregates is used for heavy-duty applications such as industrial and commercial applications
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to Offer Attractive Opportunities to Floor Screed Market
- In terms of region, the global floor screed market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for prominent share of the global floor screed in the near future. China is anticipated to hold key share of the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- Rise in urbanization and growth in population are driving the construction industry in Asia Pacific. This, in turn, is boosting the demand for floor screed in the region.
- Countries in Latin America offer significant potential to the floor screed market owing to the rise in focus on infrastructural development in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global floor screed market is fragmented, with several regional and global manufacturers operating in the market. Prominent players operating in the market are investing in mergers, acquisitions, expansion, and new product launches in order to maintain their leading position.
Key players operating in the global floor screed market include:
- Longcliffe Quarries Ltd.
- Sika Group
- Cemex UK
- Munster Floor Screed
- Base Concrete Company
- EasyMix Concrete UK Ltd.
- Rapid Readymix Concrete Limited
- Flowcrete Group Ltd.
- Premier Floor Screed
- LKAB Minerals
- PC Flooring Ltd
Global Floor Screed Market: Research Scope
Global Floor Screed Market, by Screed Type
- Others (including Levelling, Wearing, and Curling)
Global Floor Screed Market, by Material Type
- Calcium Sulfate
- Synthetic Resin
Global Floor Screed Market, by End-use
Global Floor Screed Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.