Natural Gas Engine Oil Market: Introduction
- Lubricating oils have conventionally been one of the highly lucrative fields in the oil & gas value chain. Natural gas engine lubricants are designed specifically for natural gas engines, where high oxidation stability, acid control, and extended engine life are essential.
- Natural gas vehicle (NGV) is likely to emerge as a solution to the increasing threat of air pollution. Natural gas engines provide various benefits over diesel engines. These include lower exhaust emissions of nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, and particulates. Rise in demand for NGV is expected to propel the natural gas engine oil market during the forecast period.
- Lubricating oil in natural gas engines operates under severe heat stress, particularly in certain areas within the engine, including the piston under-crowns, cylinder walls, and valve guides. Natural gas engines essentially need oils with superior resistance to nitration and oxidation.
- Natural gas engine oil possess unique characteristics such as exceptional high temperature-oxidation resistance, Total Base Number (TBN) retention to support long oil life, exceptional wear protection, and superior deposit protection
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Natural Gas Engine Oil Market
- Consumption of natural gas is projected to rise in the industrial sector due to the increase in production easy availability of the gas, and growth in trend of switching from coal to natural gas across the globe
- Global production of natural gas hit a new record of 3937 billion cubic meters in 2018, up 4.0% compared to that in 2017. 2018 was the ninth consecutive year of a notable increase in natural gas production.
- Rise in initiatives to phase out coal-fired power plants is expected to drive the demand for natural gas engines by 2027. Lower gas prices and stringent emission regulations on marine fuel are estimated to boost the adoption of LNG-fueled vessels in the near future. Such indicators are anticipated to propel the demand for natural gas engine oil in the near future.
- Rise of electrification in the transport sector is estimated to limit the adoption of natural gas vehicles to some extent over the next decade. This is projected to hamper the demand for natural gas engine oil during the forecast period.
- Industry participants are engaged in development of products with unique value proposition. For instance, in March 2018, Valvoline Inc. launched Valvoline Premium Blue One Solution 9200, an engine oil approved for use in natural gas, API CK-4 application diesel, and API SN application gas fleet engines. The product is designed to act as a single solution for a number of engine applications.
Natural Gas Engine Oil Market: Oil Category and End-use Industry Segments
- Based on oil category, the natural gas engine oil market can be classified into ashless (less than 0.1% sulfated ash), low ash (0.2% to 0.6%), medium ash (0.7% to 1.2%) and high ash (greater than 2.0%)
- Lubricants vary with engine design and operating conditions; and range from simple uninhibited mineral oils and medium-to-high ash, alkaline, and oxidation inhibited detergent oils to totally ashless yet highly detergent types. Natural gas engine oil with the lowest ash content provides the essential valve protection and acid neutralization. Its demand is expected to be high in the near future. The use of higher ash oils may cause more deposits to accumulate in the engine.
- Based on end-use industry, the global natural gas engine oil market can be divided into utilities, manufacturing, oil & gas, and others
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
North America to be Key Region of Global Natural Gas Engine Oil Market
- In terms of region, the global natural gas engine oil market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Consumption of natural gas is set to rise across the globe, primarily in the U.S., China, and Southeast Asia. This is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for NGVs, thereby propelling the demand for natural gas engine oil during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global natural gas engine oil market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Petro?Canada Lubricants Inc.
- Schaeffer Manufacturing Co.
- HP Lubricants
- Valvoline Inc.
Global Natural Gas Engine Oil Market: Research Scope
Global Natural Gas Engine Oil Market, by Oil Category
- Low Ash
- Medium Ash
- High Ash
Global Natural Gas Engine Oil Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
Global Natural Gas Engine Oil Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.