Moly Grease Market: Introduction
- Molybdenum disulfide is one of the best known solid lubricants and is used in various industries for smooth functioning of machines and equipment.
- Molybdenum disulfide is used extensively in greases like moly grease which is a specially blended formulation of complex non soap based grease fortified with molybdenum disulfide.
- Moly grease is effectively used in the lubrication of high speed, ball and roller bearings, needle bearings and plain bearings under heavy loads.
- Moly Grease has long term thermal stability over wide temperature range of -18 °C to 450 °C.
- Moly grease protects bearings from corrosion, contaminants & water, repel leakage, resist change in consistency or structure during service, and maintain flexibility under conditions of application.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Moly Grease Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers and Restraints of Moly Grease Market
- Increased growth automobile sector across the globe is anticipated to boost demand for moly grease market. Moly grease is used heavily in automobile sector such as in ball joints, wheel bearing, pedal shafts, steering linkages, and control arms for lubrication, and the growth of the automobile industry is going to drive the demand for moly grease in near future.
- The rise in industrialization and manufacturing industries all around the world could be another key driver for moly grease market. Moly grease provides excellent mechanical and extreme pressure stability along with anti-wear, water resistance and corrosion protection properties which makes it an excellent lubricant for industries such as military, aerospace, construction equipments, and for other manufacturing industries.
- Increase investment and numerous upcoming construction projects in developing countries such as China, India, Brazil, Mexico, Indonesia etc. are expected to drive the market.
- Presence of cheaper substitute product such as synthetic greases have similar chemical and physical property, which could be the major restrain for the moly grease market.
Global Moly Grease Market
- The global Moly Grease market can be segmented in terms of end user Industry and region
- Global Moly Grease market can be segmented by end user industry into automotive & transportation, construction equipment, military, aerospace, and others. In 2018, automotive & transportation industry dominated the market and is expected to grow at a substantial pace during the forecast period due to increasing demand for vehicles in near future.
- Based on region, global Moly Grease market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific has dominated the global moly grease market in 2018. It is expected to grow during the forecast period, as developing countries like China, India, Indonesia, and Taiwan has shown tremendous growth potential and demand from various industries for moly grease.
- China dominates moly grease market in Asia Pacific region and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period, owing to the growth of automobile industry in the country.
- North America region is projected to make substantial growth in the market of moly grease in forecast period due to rapidly growing infrastructure and industrialization in the U.S. and Canada. The U.S. is one of the major player in automobile, military and aerospace manufacturing would dominate the region market.
- Europe is expected to grow at a steady CAGR during the forecast period owing to swift industrial development.
- The Middle East & Africa region is expected to contribute significantly during the forecast period.
- Latina America had shown steady growth in automobile sector during 2018 and is expected to show growth during forecast period and hence moly grease market is also expected to grow.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Moly Grease Market here
- In January 2019, Castrol is strategically expanding the production of lubricants from the Silvassa plant. As company is investing around US$ 19.8 Mn in period of 2 years to increase the production of lubricants by 50%
- In May 2018, Valvoline, one of the leading worldwide supplier of premium branded lubricants, announced the plan to build its first plant in China. With expected investment of approximately $70 million, it will be Valvoline’s single largest blending plant investment worldwide.
Key Players in Market
- Castrol Limited
- Mosil Lubricants
- Anand Engineers Pvt. Ltd.
- Stanlubes & Specialities (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- LIQUI MOLY GmbH
- SUMICO LUBRICANT CO., LTD.
- Maax Lubrication Pvt Ltd
- Taurus Petroleums Private Limited
- M. R. Silicone Industries
The Global Moly Grease Market: Research Scope
The Global Moly Grease Market, by End-use Industry
- Automotive & Transportation
- Construction Equipment
The Global Moly Grease Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.