Melamine-based Adhesives Market: Overview
- Melamine is a trimer of cyanamide. Melamine-based adhesives are primarily produced by combination of melamine and formaldehyde. Melamine-based adhesives give a thermosetting polymer in combination with a curing agent with acid to reduce pH. These adhesives possess high durability, superior hardness, and high resistance to fire & heat. They also exhibit moisture and high flexibility. Melamine-based adhesives is a thermosetting plastic, which is produced by polymerization of melamine with other compounds.
Key Drivers of Melamine-based Adhesives Market
- Growth in the construction sector in emerging economies of Asia Pacific and Latin America is expected to drive the global melamine-based adhesives market. Increase in demand for portable housing to reduce the loss caused by natural calamities across the world has boosted consumer spending on housing and construction activities. This is likely to fuel the melamine-based adhesives market.
- Melamine-based adhesives effectively bind lightweight construction materials. This ensures easy excavation and reconstruction in case of disasters. Increase in usage of wood in construction activities, especially for esthetic purposes, is projected to create lucrative opportunities for the global melamine-based adhesives market. Rise in consumption of melamine-based adhesives in automobiles for lightweight vehicles is also expected to propel the global melamine-based adhesives market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Carcinogenic Nature of Melamine to Hamper Market
- High carcinogenic effects of melamine is expected to hamper the global melamine-based adhesives market in the near future
Key Segment of Melamine-based Adhesives Market
- Urea formaldehyde type segment is anticipated to account for major share of the global melamine-based adhesives market in the near future. Melamine formaldehyde (MF) and melamine urea formaldehyde (MUF) are commonly used adhesives in the manufacture of wood-based panels for indoor and covered exterior applications. Melamine formaldehyde based adhesives are expensive.
- Melamine formaldehyde based adhesives are used for exterior and semi exterior-grade plywood and particleboards
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Large Share of Global Melamine-based Adhesives Market
- Asia Pacific is projected to hold significant share of global melamine-based adhesives market in 2018. The marker in the region is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Growth in construction activities and high consumer spending in Asia Pacific is likely to drive the melamine-based adhesives market. China is anticipated to be the key consumer and producer of melamine-based adhesives due to easy availability of raw materials and government investment on commercial buildings in the country. Countries in Asia Pacific such as India, Japan, and South Korea are also the prominent consumers of melamine-based adhesives.
- Strong demand for these adhesives in end-user industries, such as transportation, electronics, construction, and furniture, in Asia Pacific is expected to drive the melamine-based adhesives market in the region
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific is followed by North America and Europe. Germany was the key consumer of melamine-based adhesives in Europe in 2018. It was followed by the U.K., Italy, Spain, and the Netherlands due to the growth in usage of wood in building & construction activities and expansion in the automotive industry in these countries.
- The U.S. was a prominent consumer of melamine-based adhesives in North America due to the presence of large number of manufacturers such as Georgia-Pacific Chemicals, Cornerstone, and Hexion
- The market in Latin America is expected to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period due to steady consumption of melamine-based adhesives in the paper & packaging industry. Brazil and Mexico are the major consumers of melamine-based adhesives in Latin America.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Melamine-based Adhesives Market
The global melamine-based adhesives market is highly fragmented, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 20% to 30% share. Key players operating in the melamine-based adhesives market include:
- Georgia-Pacific Chemicals
- OCI Nitrogen
- National Casein Corporation
- Saviola Holding srl
Global Melamine-based Adhesives Market: Research Scope
Global Melamine-based Adhesives Market, by Type
- Urea formaldehyde
Global Melamine-based Adhesives Market, by End-use Industry
- Paper & Packaging
- Chemicals & Allied Industries
Global Melamine-based Adhesives Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.