Melamine-based Adhesives Market: Overview
- Melamine is a trimer of cyanamide. Melamine-based adhesives are primarily produced by combination of melamine and formaldehyde. Melamine-based adhesives give a thermosetting polymer in combination with a curing agent with acid to reduce pH. These adhesives possess high durability, superior hardness, and high resistance to fire & heat. They also exhibit moisture and high flexibility. Melamine-based adhesives is a thermosetting plastic, which is produced by polymerization of melamine with other compounds.
Key Drivers of Melamine-based Adhesives Market
- Growth in the construction sector in emerging economies of Asia Pacific and Latin America is expected to drive the global melamine-based adhesives market. Increase in demand for portable housing to reduce the loss caused by natural calamities across the world has boosted consumer spending on housing and construction activities. This is likely to fuel the melamine-based adhesives market.
- Melamine-based adhesives effectively bind lightweight construction materials. This ensures easy excavation and reconstruction in case of disasters. Increase in usage of wood in construction activities, especially for esthetic purposes, is projected to create lucrative opportunities for the global melamine-based adhesives market. Rise in consumption of melamine-based adhesives in automobiles for lightweight vehicles is also expected to propel the global melamine-based adhesives market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Carcinogenic Nature of Melamine to Hamper Market
- High carcinogenic effects of melamine is expected to hamper the global melamine-based adhesives market in the near future
Key Segment of Melamine-based Adhesives Market
- Urea formaldehyde type segment is anticipated to account for major share of the global melamine-based adhesives market in the near future. Melamine formaldehyde (MF) and melamine urea formaldehyde (MUF) are commonly used adhesives in the manufacture of wood-based panels for indoor and covered exterior applications. Melamine formaldehyde based adhesives are expensive.
- Melamine formaldehyde based adhesives are used for exterior and semi exterior-grade plywood and particleboards
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold Large Share of Global Melamine-based Adhesives Market
- Asia Pacific is projected to hold significant share of global melamine-based adhesives market in 2018. The marker in the region is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Growth in construction activities and high consumer spending in Asia Pacific is likely to drive the melamine-based adhesives market. China is anticipated to be the key consumer and producer of melamine-based adhesives due to easy availability of raw materials and government investment on commercial buildings in the country. Countries in Asia Pacific such as India, Japan, and South Korea are also the prominent consumers of melamine-based adhesives.
- Strong demand for these adhesives in end-user industries, such as transportation, electronics, construction, and furniture, in Asia Pacific is expected to drive the melamine-based adhesives market in the region
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific is followed by North America and Europe. Germany was the key consumer of melamine-based adhesives in Europe in 2018. It was followed by the U.K., Italy, Spain, and the Netherlands due to the growth in usage of wood in building & construction activities and expansion in the automotive industry in these countries.
- The U.S. was a prominent consumer of melamine-based adhesives in North America due to the presence of large number of manufacturers such as Georgia-Pacific Chemicals, Cornerstone, and Hexion
- The market in Latin America is expected to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period due to steady consumption of melamine-based adhesives in the paper & packaging industry. Brazil and Mexico are the major consumers of melamine-based adhesives in Latin America.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players in Melamine-based Adhesives Market
The global melamine-based adhesives market is highly fragmented, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 20% to 30% share. Key players operating in the melamine-based adhesives market include:
- Georgia-Pacific Chemicals
- OCI Nitrogen
- National Casein Corporation
- Saviola Holding srl
Global Melamine-based Adhesives Market: Research Scope
Global Melamine-based Adhesives Market, by Type
- Urea formaldehyde
Global Melamine-based Adhesives Market, by End-use Industry
- Paper & Packaging
- Chemicals & Allied Industries
Global Melamine-based Adhesives Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?