Mechanical Tubing: Introduction
- Mechanical tubing is a hollow cylindrical vessel usually of circular cross-section used to convey flowable substances such as liquids and gases, powders, slurries, and small solid masses. It is used in machined or formed parts of automobiles, farm machinery, playground and recreational equipment, canopies and shade structures, aviation, transportation, materials handling, and household equipment.
- Mechanical tubing is also available in square, rectangle, oval, D-shaped, and other cross sections. It is generally made of materials such as steel, iron, aluminum, copper, and plastics.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Mechanical Tubing Market
- Increase in construction of new pipelines for oil & gas, water and wastewater, irrigation; replacement of aging pipelines; and infrastructure development are major factors driving the global mechanical tubing market
- Rise in oil & natural gas price index and increase in oil & gas exploration activities are expected to boost the demand for seamless and welded pipes in the oil & gas industry
- Increase in price of steel has made purchase of steel and iron costlier for many manufacturers of mechanical tubes and pipes. Growth in prices of steel is anticipated to adversely affect the manufacturers of mechanical tubing, as they would be unable to pass on the increasing costs to customers.
Mechanical Tubing: Material Segment
- In terms of material, the global market can be divided into stainless steel, copper, aluminum, plastic, and others
- Steel tubing is primarily made of carbon steel, galvanized steel, mild steel, and stainless steel depending upon the application. Stainless steel is largely used for tubing in the production of high-quality mufflers and exhaust pipes in the automobile industry.
- High strength steel tubing is used in making roll cages for off-road and extreme sports vehicles. Steel tubing is commonly employed in industrial complexes to transport water, gas, steam, oil, and hydraulic fluids under high pressure. Copper tubing offers high thermal conductivity, corrosion resistance, flexibility, and strength. Hence, it is used in piping systems to deliver hot water to taps at homes. It is also used in natural gas and low pressure gas distribution network, HVAC ducts, solar energy systems, snow melting systems, irrigation sprinkler systems, etc. Copper tubing is the leading choice of modern contractors for the installation of plumbing, heating, and cooling systems in residential and commercial buildings, as it is economical, light in weight, formable, easy to join, safe, reliable, long lasting, and 100% recyclable.
COVID-19 Impact on Mechanical Tubing Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the mechanical tubing market.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Mechanical Tubing Market
- In terms of region, the mechanical tubing market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global market, followed by North America and Europe, during the forecast period
- The mechanical tubing market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to rapid infrastructure development, urbanization, and growth in construction and architecture activities in the region. China is the major producer, consumer, and exporter of mechanical tubing in Asia Pacific. The market in the country is projected to expand at a strong CAGR during the forecast period. The mechanical tubing market in India is also likely to expand at a substantial pace owing to the rise in demand for mechanical tubing and pipe products in the vast automotive industry in the country.
- North America is projected to be a significant region of the global mechanical tubing market, led by the rise in oil and gas exploration activities, which generate considerable demand for mechanical tubing and pipes
Key Manufacturers Operating in Mechanical Tubing Market
The mechanical tubing market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the mechanical tubing market include:
- Zekelman Industries
- Sandvik AB
- Russel Metals
- Webco Industries, Inc.
- Midwest Tube Mills
- Earle M. Jorgensen Company
- AK Steel Corporation
- JFE Steel Corporation
- Northwest Pipe Company
- Maharashtra Seamless Limited
- APL Apollo Tubes Limited
- Mannesmann Line Pipe GmbH
- Welspun Corp Ltd
Mechanical Tubing Market: Research Scope
Mechanical Tubing Market, by Material
- Stainless steel
Mechanical Tubing Market, by Technology
Global Mechanical Tubing Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.