Mass Plywood Panel (MPP): Introduction
- Mass Plywood Panel (MPP) is used as an alternative material (in similar prospect to that of cross-laminated timber [also known as CLT]) for conventional construction materials. MPP is a veneer-based engineered wood, which belongs to the category of mass timber products. Individual layers of veneer when attached together form a panel of mass plywood. MPP is a large-scale, massive, structural composite lumber based panel. Its dimensions typically range up to 12 feet wide and 48 feet long. MPP panels are used for load-bearing purposes, similar to that of CLT. They also play the role of plate element or panel in construction work. The thickness of MPP can range up to 24 inches. They can be customized based on specific customer or project requirement. Increase in thickness can provide the structure with superior strength and performance.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Mass Plywood Panel (MPP) Market
- The MPP market has developed significantly of late. This can be primarily ascribed to the high performance of MPP. MPP is increasingly used as the new option in construction owing to the esthetic appeal of its wood. The usage of veneer as raw material helps MPP attain the same structural features as that of a cross laminated timber (CLT) panel with 20% less wood. MPP is employed in the production of large format panels including doors, windows, and any other cut-out shapes at manufacturing facilities. Furthermore, MPP is relatively light in weight. This can help lower transportation and logistics costs to construction sites. In turn, this is expected to drive the demand for mas plywood panel (MPP) in the near future.
- MPP offers features similar to cross laminated timber (CLT) such as high strength and dimensional stability. Thus, MPP is used as a substitute to masonry, concrete, and steel in building structures. MPP is available in varying widths and lengths based on customer requirements. It provides several advantages. For instance, it is environmentally friendly and light in weight vis-à-vis bricks or concrete. It also offers good insulating properties.
- The usage of MPP results in reduction in waste, quick installation, design versatility, and improved performance to structural construction. MPP can be used as substitute to cross laminated timber (CLT) in applications such as urban infill, mid-rise, educational, civic, and industrial structures. MPP is primarily employed in panels used for walls and flooring. These panels are available in varying thickness according to application requirements. High usage of MPP in a wide variety of applications is anticipated to propel the global MPP market.
Mass Plywood Panel (MPP) Market: Type Segment
- In terms of type, the global MPP market can be segmented into wall panels, flooring panels, roofing slabs, and others
- The wall panels segment is expected to account for significant share of the global MPP market during the forecast period. It is anticipated to be followed by the flooring panels segment.
Mass Plywood Panel (MPP) Market: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global MPP market can be divided into residential, commercial, and others
- The residential segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. It is projected to be followed by the commercial segment.
COVID-19 Impact on Mass Plywood Panel (MPP) Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe has come to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the MPP market.
North America to Dominate Mass Plywood Panel (MPP) Market
- In terms of region, the global MPP market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the MPP market in 2020. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the high consumption of plywood panel, especially in the U.S. The MPP market in Europe is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace owing to the growth of the construction industry in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Mass Plywood Panel (MPP) Market
The global MPP market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global MPP market include:
- Freres Lumber Co. Inc.
- Boise Cascade
- DIXIE PLYWOOD AND LUMBER COMPANY
Global Mass Plywood Panel (MPP) Market: Research Scope
Global Mass Plywood Panel (MPP) Market, by Type
- Wall Panels
- Flooring Panels
- Roofing Slabs
Global Mass Plywood Panel (MPP) Market, by Application
Global Mass Plywood Panel (MPP) Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.