Machine Safety Shutdown Systems Market: Introduction
A machine safety shutdown system is a countermeasure vital in any dangerous plants such as Oil & Gas or nuclear plants. A machine safety shutdown system is designed to protect industrial plants, workers and the environment in cases of the process going above and beyond specific control margins. These systems are not meant to control the process but provide some degree of protection. Process control is by way of process control systems and is interconnected to the safety systems to ensure that immediate action is taken if the process control system were to fail. Safety systems are usually merged with process controls under a single system, known as Integrated Control and Safety Systems. Industrial Safety Systems deploy dedicated systems that are SIL 2 certified at the very least; control systems can have SIL 1 certification also. SIL certification pertains to both software and hardware and includes processor redundancy, voting functions and cards. The main industrial safety systems are Process Shutdown System and Safety Shutdown System, the latter which is further divided into Emergency Depressurization and Emergency Shutdown Systems.
Machine Safety Shutdown Systems Market: Emergency Shutdown Systems
There are three levels in Emergency Shutdown Systems –
- Level 1 – This pertains to a general shutdown of the industrial area and can be increased to level 2 if required. Level 1 can only be activated in process industrial units from the main control centre
- Level 2 – Level 2 isolates and shuts down individual zones and can even activate Emergency Depressurization if necessary
- Level 3 – Level 3 is mean to contain any kind of ‘liquid inventory’
Machine Safety Shutdown Systems Market: Fire and Gas Systems
The primary purpose of a fire and gas system is similar to that of a safety shutdown system. The fire and gas system is able to ensure this by –
- Detecting a flammable gas at the earliest possible stage
- Detecting liquid spills such as LNG and LPG at the earliest stage
- Detecting the presence of fire as well as incipient fire
- Providing facilities for manual activation or automatic activation of a fire protection system as and when required
- Initiating changes within the environment to ensure liquids remain below their flash point
- Initiating both audible and visible signals to warn of any detected hazards
- Initiating automatic ventilation and equipment shutdown if all detectors have been triggered
- Initiating an exhaust system
Machine Safety Shutdown Systems Market: Safety Shutdown Systems
Safety Shutdown Systems turn off facilities into so-called ‘safe states’ in any emergency situation, protecting human life, the machine and the environment. A safety shutdown system takes charge of all input and output relative to emergency shutdown functions. The safety shutdown systems can even be controlled by signals from the primary fire and gas systems.
Machine Safety Shutdown Systems Market: Emergency Depressurisation Systems
As a result of closing ESD valves, there could be some trapped flammable fluids that must be released to avoid any unforeseen consequences such as vessel pressure increase or piping. This is why emergency depressurization systems are used in tandem with emergency shutdown systems to release any trapped fluid to a safe location in a safe manner.
Machine Safety Shutdown Systems Market: Pressure Safety Valves
Pressure safety valves are typically used as a last safety solution where any previous systems are unable to prevent additional pressure accumulation. Pressure safety valves shield vessels from overpressure rupture on account of their specific action.
Machine Safety Shutdown Systems Market: Key Players
Some of the players in the machine safety shutdown systems market are Rockwell Automation, Honeywell, Yokogawa Electric Corporation, HIMA, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Emerson and ABB.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.