Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market: Overview
- Furniture & Bedding Polymer foams are manufactured using chemical or physical blowing agents. They generally consist of open-cell or closed-cell structures that define their densities.
- Furniture & bedding polymer foams can be manufactured either to be rigid or flexible by changing their chemistry, density, structure, and raw materials
- These foams are manufactured using several foaming techniques such as extrusion, compression molding, injection molding, reaction injection molding, and solid state method.
- Furniture & bedding polymer foams possess significant thermal insulation properties. They can also be tuned to possess mechanical strength and moisture absorption properties.
- These polymer foams are widely employed in distinct applications, as they can be manufactured using many different types of polymers and blowing agents as per specific requirements
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market? Ask for the report brochure here
High Demand for Polyurethane Foam to Boost Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market
- In terms of type, the global furniture & bedding polymer foams market can be segregated into polyurethane foam, polystyrene foam, PVC foam, phenolic foam, polyolefin foam, and others. The polyurethane foam segment is estimated to account for major share of the global furniture & bedding polymer foams market in the near future.
- Polyurethane foam is available as rigid and flexible foam, and is often applied as a coating or adhesive material on substrates
- Polyurethanes are used in several applications, as they are commercially available in many forms and possess a wide range of properties
- Rigid polyurethane foams are used as insulation and flotation, while flexible foams are employed for cushioning and packaging
- Increase in awareness about the medical benefits of using polyurethane foam mattresses is expected to drive the global furniture & bedding polymer foams market during the forecast period
Increase in Popularity of Flexible Polymer Foams in Furniture Application
- Polymer foam-based furnishings are primarily used in furniture seating and furniture cushioning. Polymer foams that are employed in bedding & mattresses are manufactured using three main grades of polyurethane foam: regular grade, high density grade, and high resiliency grade. Polymer foam-based beddings are relatively inexpensive and lightweight.
- Demand for flexible polymer foams in furniture and bedding applications such as furniture seating, furniture cushioning, carpet cushion, carpet underlay, bedding, mattresses, cushion packaging, and upholstery is expected to increase in the near future, owing to their lightness of weight, flexibility, and cushioning properties
- Polymer foams are extensively employed in furniture and bedding applications, as they offer high level of comfort. Furthermore, rise in standard of living and increase in demand for furniture and bedding polymer foams for sculpture and decoration purposes are estimated to boost the demand for furniture and bedding polymer foams.
Asia Pacific Dominates Global Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market
- In terms of geography, the global furniture & bedding polymer foams market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific accounted for major share of the global furniture & bedding polymer foams market in 2018, led by the presence of large manufacturers of furniture and its accessories in the region
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to the rise in standard of living of people in countries such as China, India and those in ASEAN
- Advent and emergence of polymer foam production techniques is likely to offer an impetus to the production of polymer foams in Asia Pacific
- Increase in adoption of polymer foams for furniture & bedding applications in the region is anticipated to drive the furniture & bedding polymer foams market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period
- Production capacity expansions by manufacturers of polymer foams in China are likely to boost the demand for furniture and bedding polymer foams in the country in the next few years
- Large manufacturers of automotive seats in China supply their products to vast car assembly lines in the country. High demand for polymer foams in the automotive industry is propelling the furniture & bedding polymer foams market.
- North America and Europe also held significant share of the global market in 2018, owing to the constant demand for polymer foams in bedding applications in these regions
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market here
Key Players in Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market
Prominent players operating in the global furniture & bedding polymer foams market focus on backward integration by acquiring and collaborating with resin manufacturing companies in order to strengthen their customer base. Furthermore, these players focus on distributing their products through strong retail channels. Major players operating in the fiberglass storage tanks market include:
- Armacell International S.A.
- BASF SE
- Borealis AG
- Kaneka Corporation
- Rogers Corporation
- Sealed Air
- Synthos S.A.
- The DOW Chemical Company
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Zotefoams PLC
Global Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market: Research Scope
Global Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market, by Form
Global Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market, by Type
- Polyurethane Foam
- Polystyrene Foam
- Expandable Polystyrene Foam
- Extruded Polystyrene Foam
- PVC Foam
- Phenolic Foam
- Polyolefin Foam
- Polyethylene Foam
- Polypropylene Foam
- EVA Foam
Global Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market, by Application
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.