Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market: Overview
- Furniture & Bedding Polymer foams are manufactured using chemical or physical blowing agents. They generally consist of open-cell or closed-cell structures that define their densities.
- Furniture & bedding polymer foams can be manufactured either to be rigid or flexible by changing their chemistry, density, structure, and raw materials
- These foams are manufactured using several foaming techniques such as extrusion, compression molding, injection molding, reaction injection molding, and solid state method.
- Furniture & bedding polymer foams possess significant thermal insulation properties. They can also be tuned to possess mechanical strength and moisture absorption properties.
- These polymer foams are widely employed in distinct applications, as they can be manufactured using many different types of polymers and blowing agents as per specific requirements
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market? Ask for the report brochure here
High Demand for Polyurethane Foam to Boost Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market
- In terms of type, the global furniture & bedding polymer foams market can be segregated into polyurethane foam, polystyrene foam, PVC foam, phenolic foam, polyolefin foam, and others. The polyurethane foam segment is estimated to account for major share of the global furniture & bedding polymer foams market in the near future.
- Polyurethane foam is available as rigid and flexible foam, and is often applied as a coating or adhesive material on substrates
- Polyurethanes are used in several applications, as they are commercially available in many forms and possess a wide range of properties
- Rigid polyurethane foams are used as insulation and flotation, while flexible foams are employed for cushioning and packaging
- Increase in awareness about the medical benefits of using polyurethane foam mattresses is expected to drive the global furniture & bedding polymer foams market during the forecast period
Increase in Popularity of Flexible Polymer Foams in Furniture Application
- Polymer foam-based furnishings are primarily used in furniture seating and furniture cushioning. Polymer foams that are employed in bedding & mattresses are manufactured using three main grades of polyurethane foam: regular grade, high density grade, and high resiliency grade. Polymer foam-based beddings are relatively inexpensive and lightweight.
- Demand for flexible polymer foams in furniture and bedding applications such as furniture seating, furniture cushioning, carpet cushion, carpet underlay, bedding, mattresses, cushion packaging, and upholstery is expected to increase in the near future, owing to their lightness of weight, flexibility, and cushioning properties
- Polymer foams are extensively employed in furniture and bedding applications, as they offer high level of comfort. Furthermore, rise in standard of living and increase in demand for furniture and bedding polymer foams for sculpture and decoration purposes are estimated to boost the demand for furniture and bedding polymer foams.
Asia Pacific Dominates Global Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market
- In terms of geography, the global furniture & bedding polymer foams market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific accounted for major share of the global furniture & bedding polymer foams market in 2018, led by the presence of large manufacturers of furniture and its accessories in the region
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to the rise in standard of living of people in countries such as China, India and those in ASEAN
- Advent and emergence of polymer foam production techniques is likely to offer an impetus to the production of polymer foams in Asia Pacific
- Increase in adoption of polymer foams for furniture & bedding applications in the region is anticipated to drive the furniture & bedding polymer foams market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period
- Production capacity expansions by manufacturers of polymer foams in China are likely to boost the demand for furniture and bedding polymer foams in the country in the next few years
- Large manufacturers of automotive seats in China supply their products to vast car assembly lines in the country. High demand for polymer foams in the automotive industry is propelling the furniture & bedding polymer foams market.
- North America and Europe also held significant share of the global market in 2018, owing to the constant demand for polymer foams in bedding applications in these regions
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market here
Key Players in Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market
Prominent players operating in the global furniture & bedding polymer foams market focus on backward integration by acquiring and collaborating with resin manufacturing companies in order to strengthen their customer base. Furthermore, these players focus on distributing their products through strong retail channels. Major players operating in the fiberglass storage tanks market include:
- Armacell International S.A.
- BASF SE
- Borealis AG
- Kaneka Corporation
- Rogers Corporation
- Sealed Air
- Synthos S.A.
- The DOW Chemical Company
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Zotefoams PLC
Global Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market: Research Scope
Global Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market, by Form
Global Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market, by Type
- Polyurethane Foam
- Polystyrene Foam
- Expandable Polystyrene Foam
- Extruded Polystyrene Foam
- PVC Foam
- Phenolic Foam
- Polyolefin Foam
- Polyethylene Foam
- Polypropylene Foam
- EVA Foam
Global Furniture & Bedding Polymer Foams Market, by Application
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.