Fruit-derived Sweeteners Market Outlook
Fruit-derived sweeteners are sugars which occur naturally and is extracted through different processes, retaining high nutrition of the fruits used. Commercially available forms of fruit-derived sweeteners generally clear and neutral in taste. An abundance of fructose which is sweeter than sucrose is rich in fruits. Hence, manufacturers are utilizing fruit juices are replacing processed sugar with fruit-derived sweetener. Manufacturers process the fruits for juices, syrups, extracts, and other forms to eliminate water and retain high sugar content. This helps fruit-derived sweetener manufacturers an ease in production of fruit-derived sweeteners.
Among the various segments of fruit-derived sweeteners, monk fruit segment is projected to grow at highest rate due to its relative high sweetness index.
Fruit-derived Sweeteners Market: Reasons for Covering this Title
Demand for high nutrition, low-calorie natural ingredients has resulted in a demand for natural sweeteners. Fruit sweeteners are rich in vitamins, minerals, and protein. Fructose which is rich in fruits is regarded as better than sucrose according to experts. Sugar comprises of 20% of the American diet, as high consumption of sugar can result in nutrition deficiencies, which encourages sweeteners producers to look forward to healthier options for which fruit-derived sweeteners certainly seems like the best option.
Major players in the sweeteners industry are focusing towards fruit-derived sweeteners backed by high demand from consumers specifically for monk fruit-based sweetener. Demand for clean label products and natural sweeteners is boosting demand for fruit-derived sweeteners. Basically, sweeteners like glucose, fructose, and sucrose possess desirable taste characteristics and increase the caloric content of products. Growing traction towards healthy foods with a rise in consumer awareness across various social media platforms is encouraging higher sales of low or non-caloric sweeteners including fruit-derived sweeteners.
Global Fruit-derived Sweeteners: Market Segmentation
On the basis of source, the global fruit-derived sweeteners market has been segmented as –
- Monk Fruit
- Mixed Fruit
On the basis of application, the global fruit-derived sweeteners market has been segmented as –
On the basis of form, the global fruit-derived sweeteners market has been segmented as –
Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the fruit-derived sweeteners market due to the concentration of major food production centers. Rise in FDI in fruit processing in emerging countries in the APAC region will result in the fastest increase of processed fruit products including fruit-derived sweeteners market.
Global Fruit-derived sweeteners Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global fruit-derived sweeteners market are DÖHLER, Northwest Naturals, Austria Juice, Lakanto, Austrade Inc., Encore Fruit, Krisda, Purelo, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Monk Fruit Corp., Tate and Lyle, Hunan Huacheng Biotech Inc., Guilin LAYN Natural Ingredients Corp., GLOMEX, Organic Herb Inc., Acetar Bio-Tech Inc., Xian Tonking Biotech Co. Ltd, and Niutang Europe BV.
Opportunities for Market Participants
Upward projections will be noticed in the fruit-derived sweeteners market backed by rising consumer demand. No-calorie or low-calorie attributes along with the relative high sweetness of the fruit-derived sweeteners is boosting its sales globally. Major consumer markets for natural sweeteners were limited to stevia only until the advent of other fruit-derived sweeteners. Growing potential for low- and non-caloric sweetener compositions along with properties including high sweetness intensity, better taste, little bitterness, limited levels of off-flavors, reduced aftertaste and any of the combinations will drive the fruit-derived sweeteners market over the forecast period.
Exhibit 2 depicts key end use segments and their approximate market shares in the fruit-derived sweeteners market. A continued shift in consumption patterns is compelling sweetener manufacturers to adopt innovative and effective ingredients. The ongoing trend for healthier products will play a major role in the fruit-derived sweeteners market. However, traditional based consumption and availability of low-cost sweeteners will continue to limit fruit-derived sweeteners market over the forecast period.
Partnerships are one of the commonly followed strategies by the major players in the fruit-derived sweeteners market which are influencing the fruit-derived sweeteners market trends to a greater level.
- In June 2016, ADM and GLG Life Tech Corporation entered into a new partnership to manufacture, market, sell and distribute low-calorie stevia and monk fruit sweeteners to customers around the globe.
- In August 2016, Roquette joined a partnership that aimed to develop natural sweeteners and sweet taste enhancers. Zwingenberg-based Biotechnology Research and Information Network AG (B.R.A.I.N.) and its subsidiary, natural products company AnalytiCon Discovery GmbH, also belong to the partnership, called Dolce.
Flavored water industry will be the primary consumer of fruit-derived sweeteners regarding growth rate. Carbonated soft drinks segment is projected to be a major consumer for fruit-derived sweeteners over the forecast period concerning volume. Volume-wise beverages industry form a major share regarding application for fruit-derived sweeteners. The inclusion of a various range of fruits is likely to lower fruit-derived sweeteners prices which will augment higher purchases across various industries.
Brief Approach to Research
A modeling-based approach is followed and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in fruit-derived sweeteners report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the source, form, and applications of the product segments included in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in fruit-derived sweeteners report include:
- An overview of the fruit-derived sweeteners market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the fruit-derived sweeteners market and its potential
- fruit-derived sweeteners Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the fruit-derived sweeteners market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the fruit-derived sweeteners market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the fruit-derived sweeteners market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.