Fluorine Polymer Films Market: Overview
- Fluorine polymer films are also called fluoropolymer films. They are mainly used due to their exception characteristics including transparency, antifouling, and durability.
- These films are mainly utilized in production of anti-corrosive linings, composite part mold release, industrial roll covers, hot melt adhesive, microphone electret membranes, photovoltaic cell glazing (back sheet), anti-graffiti coverings, erasable surface, coverings, fuel hose permeation barrier, and hot melt adhesive.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Fluorine Polymer Films Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Fluorine Polymer Films Market
- An increase in incidence of diseases has been observed, owing to sedentary lifestyle and rise in population. This is likely to increase the risk of chronic diseases. This in turn is anticipated to drive the demand for medicines and drug delivery systems in the next few years.
- Rise in per capita income of people has led to increase in affordability of drugs. Furthermore, government initiatives and insurance policies are anticipated to increase the demand for medicines in the next few years.
- All these factors are likely to increase the manufacture of medical devices & equipment and drug delivery systems in the next few years. This, in turn, is projected to drive the fluorine polymer films market in the near future.
Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)-based Fluorine Polymer Film to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- PTFE-based fluorine polymer films are generally made of fluorine atoms, which are of large size then that of carbon atoms. This forms a uniform and continuous covering around the carbon–carbon bonds, which, in turn, provides protection from a chemical attack, as fluorine atoms act as shield. These films are extensively employed for transferring ultrapure fluids in pipe liners, fittings, valves, and pumps.
- PFA film and FEP film offer properties such as robustness, flexibility over a wide temperature range, and chemical resistance. Additionally, these offer low-dielectric properties, due to which these films are extensively used in corrosion resistant lining, aircraft mold release, printed circuit board, and electret condenser microphone.
- ETFE films are mainly employed as release films for electrical & electronics application, because these films help retain releasability and moderate cushioning during operations at high temperatures
Medical Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Based on application, the global fluorine polymer films market can be segmented into aerospace & defense, healthcare, electrical & electronics, automotive, industrial, and others (consumer goods, solar energy etc.)
- Fluorine polymer films are extensively employed in health care sector for drug delivery substances, including plunger laminates, sterile packaging stoppers, cap liners, and advanced drug containers. Increase in expenditure in health care sector by the governmental authorities in order to meet the safety needs of the rise in population is likely to propel the fluorine polymer films market in the next few years.
- Fluorine polymer films in automotive sector are primarily used as protection films for paints, surfaces, and automotive airbag systems; and laminates for glass safety
- Increase in middle class population coupled with increase in disposable income of the people has led to increase in air travel for tourism and business. This is projected to increase manufacturing of aircrafts across the globe. Fluorine polymer films are used in the production of composite molding, industrial blankets for jacketing modern aircraft, and in aircraft engine seal applications. This, in turn, is expected to increase the demand for fluorine polymer films market during the forecast period.
- In electrical & electronics sector, fluorine polymer films are commonly used for circuit board laminates and high-temperature insulation tapes for wire wrapping, due to their properties such as excellent dielectric properties, temperature resistance, chemical resistance, and welding ability. Furthermore, fluorine polymer films are utilized as cast PTFE films, mainly for multilayer circuit boards application, which requires lower loss, low dielectric constant, and stable electrical and mechanical properties.
- In industrial sector, fluorine polymer films are employed in non-metallic expansion joints, roll covers, tank linings, roof seals, spray shields/flange covers, protective face shields, rupture disc and chemical pump diaphragms. In chemical industry, fluorine polymer films are used in many critical chemical industry applications due to their excellent chemical resistance at elevated temperatures. Additionally, fluorine polymer films are employed for manufacturing of storage materials such as sampling bags and flexible containers for the transportation of high purity chemicals.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Fluorine Polymer Films Market here
Asia Pacific to Hold Prominent Share in Fluorine Polymer Films Market
Based on region, the global fluorine polymer films market can be segregated into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- Rise in income level, increase in health awareness among consumers, and surge in incidence of diseases is likely to boost the demand for drug delivery substances, sterile packaging stoppers, and cap liners in the next few years. Fluorine polymer films are likely to be preferred over other polymer films due to their properties including chemically stability, inertness, higher thermal stability, and weather stability. This, in turn, is expected to boost the Fluorine polymer films market by the end of the forecast period.
- According to the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), hospital and diagnostic centers attracted Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) worth US$ 6.09 Bn between April 2000 and March 2019, in India
- The launch of programs by governmental bodies is likely to increase the demand for health care facilities across the region. For instance, on September 23, 2018, the Government of India launched Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY), to provide health insurance worth Rs 500,000 (US$ 7,124.54) to over 100 million families, every year.
- In August 2018, the Government of India has approved a centrally sponsored scheme called as “Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Mission” as a contribution by both center and state government, mainly for hilly North Eastern States and Union Territories with legislature
Key Players Operating in the Fluorine polymer films Market:
The fluorine polymer films market is moderately fragmented, in nature, dominated by several big players as well as a few emerging manufacturers operating across the globe. Key players operating in the fluorine polymer films market include:
- NITTO DENKO CORPORATION
- The Chemours Company
- Polyflon Technology Limited
- Saint-Gobain S.A.
- Solvay S.A.
- DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd
- EnPro Industries, Inc
- Arkema Group
- AGC Inc.
- Guarniflon SpA
- Textiles Coated International
In August 2017, DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd. established a new subsidiary, DAIKIN CHEMICAL SOUTHEAST ASIA CO. LTD., in Thailand, to expand its fluorochemical operations in the industry in Southeast Asia.
In June 2016, Guarniflon SpA announced the acquisition of P.A.T.I. SpA., in order to increase its portfolio line for films, especially in the automotive and aerospace industries.
Global Fluorine Polymer Films Film Market: Research Scope
Global Fluorine Polymer Films Film Market, by Type
- Others (FEP films, THV )
Global Fluorine Polymer Films Film Market, by End-use
- Aerospace & Defense
- Electrical & Electronics
- Others (solar energy, consumer goods etc.)
Global Fluorine Polymer Films Film Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.