External Mold Release Agents Market: Introduction
- Mold release agents are applied on the molds of castings to prevent the materials inside the molds from sticking to the mold surface. They form a layer between the cast product and the mold, thereby facilitating easy removal of materials from the mold without damaging the shape of the cast material.
- Mold release agents are primarily of three types: external, internal, and semi-permanent
- External mold release agents are applied externally to the surface of the mold, unlike internal mold release agents that are added as an additive directly to the resin formulation.
- External mold release agents stick to the external surface of the article that has been cast. External mold release agents are sacrificial in nature. This implies that the external mold release agent is removed from the surface of the mold upon every application. This necessitates the reapplication of external mold release agents in order to ensure easy release of every cast article from the mold.
- External mold release agents can have wax, silicone, polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) or synthetic resins as their main component.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Key drivers for external mold release agents market
- The primary driver for the increased usage of external mold release agent is the need to prevent warpagethat is caused during the release of products from the mold. Warpage is cause due to premature or improper release of objects from the mold. Warpage can damage or alter the shape of the molded/cast object.
- Rise in demand for products manufactured by casting or molding, such as rubbers, plastics, and cement, is driving the external mold release agents market
- Expansion of automotive and construction industries is also driving the demand for external mold release agents, as these industries extensively use products that employ external mold release agents while being manufactured.
Die casting segment to offer attractive opportunities for external mold release agents market
- External mold release agents are primarily utilized in the following applications: die casting, rubber, concrete, plastics, food processing, and paper
- Die casting is expected to be the dominant application segment for external mold release agents. Use of external mold release agents is imperative in die casting applications, as easy release helps maintain the shape of the cast object. Die casting process is used to manufacture numerous products in automotive and construction industries. Some of the automotive parts that are manufactured by the die casting process include engine parts, stators, brackets, electronic covers, auto fork components, and heat sinks. Rapid expansion of the global automotive industry is likely to propel the demand for die casted products. This, in turn, is projected to boost the demand for external mold release agents during the forecast period.
- Rubber products are also a prominent consumer of external mold release agents. External mold release agents used for concrete are shifting toward the use of greener technologies, such as water-based technologies, which are more environment friendly. Adoption of green external mold release agents for manufacture of concrete is increasing in the construction industry due to their low VOC content, which contributes in gaining LEED credits.
Shift from solvent-based to water-based external mold release agents likely
- External mold release agents are water-based or solvent-based. Solvent-based external mold release agents are prominently used as they can function efficiently over a wide range of temperatures and do no freeze during shipping and storage. However, they have a high volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that are not environment-friendly and cause pollution by hampering the air quality.
- Therefore, demand for solvent-based external mold release agents is rising at a sluggish pace, as green and environment-friendly water-based external mold release agents are rapidly being adopted instead of solvent-based ones.
Asia Pacific expected to hold dominant share of global external mold release agents market
- In terms of region, the global external mold release agents market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of external mold release agents, followed by North America and Europe. Rising demand for automotive in China, India, Japan, and South Korea is expected to fuel the demand for external mold release agents during the forecast period. Asia Pacific is emerging as a global hub for automotive manufacturing owing to the presence of a large number of manufacturing facilities in the region.
- Rising foreign direct investments (FDIs) in automotive and construction industries in some developing countries in Asia Pacific is anticipated to fuel the market for external mold release agents in the region during the forecast period.
- Demand for water-based external mold release agents is anticipated to increase specifically in Europe and North America. This can be attributed to the stringent environmental regulations in the region regarding VOC emissions. Therefore, demand for environment-friendly external mold release agents is estimated to rise significantly in these regions during the forecast period.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are expected to offer lucrative opportunity to the external mold release agents market due to the expansion of automotive and construction industries, which utilize components that are manufactured by using mold release agents.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on External Mold Release Agents Market here
Key players operating in the external mold release agents market
Numerous market players involved in the manufacturing of external mold release agents. Key players operating in the external mold release agents market include:
- Chem-Trend L. P.
- Daikin Industries Ltd.
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Dow Chemical Company
- Henkel AG
- Marbocote Ltd
- Grignard Company
- SISIB SILICONE
- CHUKYO Europe GmbH
- Kimberlite Softwares Pvt. Ltd
- Croda International Plc
Global External Mold Release Agents Market: Research Scope
Global External Mold Release Agents Market, by Type
Global External Mold Release Agents Market, by Application
- Die Casting
- Food Processing
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.