External Mold Release Agents Market: Introduction
- Mold release agents are applied on the molds of castings to prevent the materials inside the molds from sticking to the mold surface. They form a layer between the cast product and the mold, thereby facilitating easy removal of materials from the mold without damaging the shape of the cast material.
- Mold release agents are primarily of three types: external, internal, and semi-permanent
- External mold release agents are applied externally to the surface of the mold, unlike internal mold release agents that are added as an additive directly to the resin formulation.
- External mold release agents stick to the external surface of the article that has been cast. External mold release agents are sacrificial in nature. This implies that the external mold release agent is removed from the surface of the mold upon every application. This necessitates the reapplication of external mold release agents in order to ensure easy release of every cast article from the mold.
- External mold release agents can have wax, silicone, polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) or synthetic resins as their main component.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive Report Brochure here
Key drivers for external mold release agents market
- The primary driver for the increased usage of external mold release agent is the need to prevent warpagethat is caused during the release of products from the mold. Warpage is cause due to premature or improper release of objects from the mold. Warpage can damage or alter the shape of the molded/cast object.
- Rise in demand for products manufactured by casting or molding, such as rubbers, plastics, and cement, is driving the external mold release agents market
- Expansion of automotive and construction industries is also driving the demand for external mold release agents, as these industries extensively use products that employ external mold release agents while being manufactured.
Die casting segment to offer attractive opportunities for external mold release agents market
- External mold release agents are primarily utilized in the following applications: die casting, rubber, concrete, plastics, food processing, and paper
- Die casting is expected to be the dominant application segment for external mold release agents. Use of external mold release agents is imperative in die casting applications, as easy release helps maintain the shape of the cast object. Die casting process is used to manufacture numerous products in automotive and construction industries. Some of the automotive parts that are manufactured by the die casting process include engine parts, stators, brackets, electronic covers, auto fork components, and heat sinks. Rapid expansion of the global automotive industry is likely to propel the demand for die casted products. This, in turn, is projected to boost the demand for external mold release agents during the forecast period.
- Rubber products are also a prominent consumer of external mold release agents. External mold release agents used for concrete are shifting toward the use of greener technologies, such as water-based technologies, which are more environment friendly. Adoption of green external mold release agents for manufacture of concrete is increasing in the construction industry due to their low VOC content, which contributes in gaining LEED credits.
Shift from solvent-based to water-based external mold release agents likely
- External mold release agents are water-based or solvent-based. Solvent-based external mold release agents are prominently used as they can function efficiently over a wide range of temperatures and do no freeze during shipping and storage. However, they have a high volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that are not environment-friendly and cause pollution by hampering the air quality.
- Therefore, demand for solvent-based external mold release agents is rising at a sluggish pace, as green and environment-friendly water-based external mold release agents are rapidly being adopted instead of solvent-based ones.
Asia Pacific expected to hold dominant share of global external mold release agents market
- In terms of region, the global external mold release agents market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of external mold release agents, followed by North America and Europe. Rising demand for automotive in China, India, Japan, and South Korea is expected to fuel the demand for external mold release agents during the forecast period. Asia Pacific is emerging as a global hub for automotive manufacturing owing to the presence of a large number of manufacturing facilities in the region.
- Rising foreign direct investments (FDIs) in automotive and construction industries in some developing countries in Asia Pacific is anticipated to fuel the market for external mold release agents in the region during the forecast period.
- Demand for water-based external mold release agents is anticipated to increase specifically in Europe and North America. This can be attributed to the stringent environmental regulations in the region regarding VOC emissions. Therefore, demand for environment-friendly external mold release agents is estimated to rise significantly in these regions during the forecast period.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are expected to offer lucrative opportunity to the external mold release agents market due to the expansion of automotive and construction industries, which utilize components that are manufactured by using mold release agents.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on External Mold Release Agents Market here
Key players operating in the external mold release agents market
Numerous market players involved in the manufacturing of external mold release agents. Key players operating in the external mold release agents market include:
- Chem-Trend L. P.
- Daikin Industries Ltd.
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Dow Chemical Company
- Henkel AG
- Marbocote Ltd
- Grignard Company
- SISIB SILICONE
- CHUKYO Europe GmbH
- Kimberlite Softwares Pvt. Ltd
- Croda International Plc
Global External Mold Release Agents Market: Research Scope
Global External Mold Release Agents Market, by Type
Global External Mold Release Agents Market, by Application
- Die Casting
- Food Processing
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.