Global Elastomeric Gaskets Market: Introduction
- Elastomeric gaskets are, generally, silicone elastomers employed for a variety of applications in end-user industries such as industrial, electrical & electronics (E&E), aerospace, and marine
- Elastomeric gaskets are made of soft, elastic, and flexible materials. They possess mechanical strength and chemical properties. Elastomeric gaskets offer an extremely secure sealing, even in the presence of vibrations, oil, heat, and pressure.
- Elastomeric gaskets are made of materials such as rubber, silicone foam, fluorosilicone, silicone sponge, and cellular urethane. They provide powerful sealing between two surfaces that are exposed to high-temperature conditions. Elastomeric gaskets can be die cut, water jet cut, laminated, fabricated or custom molded into different shapes.
- Properties such as superior electric conductivity, thermal conductivity, and EMI shielding power make elastomeric gaskets useful in a variety of applications such as ruggedized equipment, medical diagnostic devices, analytical instruments, and high-technology gaskets.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Elastomeric Gaskets Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Rise in Demand from Aerospace & Defense Sector
- Surge in the demand for aircraft in developing economies, owing to large population, rise in the middle-class income, and emerging trend of migration is anticipated to fuel the demand for elastomeric gaskets market during the forecast period. Every day, around 100,000 flights carry more than 10 million passengers and goods worth around US$ 18 Bn.
- Countries such as China, India, and Russia invest heavily in the aerospace industry. This, in turn, is anticipated to fuel the demand for elastomeric gaskets during the forecast period.
- Advancements made in the aerospace engineering is another key factor augmenting the aerospace industry and, thereby, the elastomeric gaskets market
- Elastomeric gaskets are used in the aerospace industry in applications such as wing seals including flap, slat, aileron, and spoil; engine nacelle seals including fire barrier seals; and airframe seals including door, window, pylon, molded plate, fairing, hatch, and panel
- Advancements in the defense sector are anticipated to fuel the demand for elastomeric gaskets during the forecast period. Military applications of elastomeric gaskets include truck beds, underwater tanks for transport and shock absorption, engine cowls, machine shops, weapon repair tables, and highly abrasion-resistant coverings.
Medical Device Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Increasing demand for packaging applications in the medical sector is estimated to offer lucrative opportunities to the global elastomeric gaskets market in the near future
- In the medical sector, demand for EMI-shielded elastomeric gaskets is on the rise. EMI-shielded gaskets protect medical devices from electromagnetic radiation. Protection offered by elastomeric gaskets enables medical devices and units to function harmoniously with electrically conductive gasket materials.
- Other emerging applications of elastomeric gaskets in the medical sector are use in operating rooms, transdermal drug deliveries, medical tapes, and lid sealing for units containing bio-medical waste.
Issues related to Performance of Elastomeric Gaskets at High Temperatures
- Issues related to performance of elastomeric gaskets, especially at high temperatures, are anticipated to hamper the global elastomeric gaskets market during the forecast period
- Failure of the head gasket, in an overheating engine, primarily due to a clogged radiator is one of the major issues faced by the automotive industry
- In oil & gas applications, if an elastomeric gasket fails to function, it may lead to mixing of coolants and oil. This can negatively affect the functioning of engine bearings.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Elastomeric Gaskets Market here
Asia Pacific to Hold a Significant Share of Global Elastomeric Gaskets Market
- In terms of region, the global elastomeric gaskets market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for a prominent share of the global elastomeric gaskets market in the near future, owing to growth of industrial and automotive sectors in the region
- In countries such as China and India, elastomeric gaskets are widely consumed in the building & construction industry. Also, these gaskets are gaining traction in the automotive & transportation sector, for use in a wide range of applications such as installation of windscreen frames and water shield sealing to protect automotive interiors from moisture, shock vibration, corrosion, and thermal stress.
Key Players Operating in Market
The global elastomeric gaskets market is moderately concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for a major market share. Prominent players operating in the global elastomeric gaskets market seek to enter into partnerships for the development of new applications of elastomeric gaskets.
Key players operating in the global elastomeric gaskets market include:
- TECHNETICS GROUP
- STOCKWELL ELASTOMERICS, INC
- STOCKWELL ELASTOMERICS, INC
- Boyd Corporation
- Hoosier Gasket Corporation
Global Elastomeric Gaskets Market: Research Scope
Global Elastomeric Gaskets Market, by Material
- Silicone Foam
- Silicone Sponge
- Cellular Urethane
Global Elastomeric Gaskets Market, by Technology
- Injection Molding
- Die Cutting
- Compression Molding
- Hand Fabrication
- Others (Including Precision Grinding, and Rubber-to-Metal Bonding)
Global Elastomeric Gaskets Market, by End-user
- Building & Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
- Others (Including Industrial)
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.