Global Elastomeric Gaskets Market: Introduction
- Elastomeric gaskets are, generally, silicone elastomers employed for a variety of applications in end-user industries such as industrial, electrical & electronics (E&E), aerospace, and marine
- Elastomeric gaskets are made of soft, elastic, and flexible materials. They possess mechanical strength and chemical properties. Elastomeric gaskets offer an extremely secure sealing, even in the presence of vibrations, oil, heat, and pressure.
- Elastomeric gaskets are made of materials such as rubber, silicone foam, fluorosilicone, silicone sponge, and cellular urethane. They provide powerful sealing between two surfaces that are exposed to high-temperature conditions. Elastomeric gaskets can be die cut, water jet cut, laminated, fabricated or custom molded into different shapes.
- Properties such as superior electric conductivity, thermal conductivity, and EMI shielding power make elastomeric gaskets useful in a variety of applications such as ruggedized equipment, medical diagnostic devices, analytical instruments, and high-technology gaskets.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Elastomeric Gaskets Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Rise in Demand from Aerospace & Defense Sector
- Surge in the demand for aircraft in developing economies, owing to large population, rise in the middle-class income, and emerging trend of migration is anticipated to fuel the demand for elastomeric gaskets market during the forecast period. Every day, around 100,000 flights carry more than 10 million passengers and goods worth around US$ 18 Bn.
- Countries such as China, India, and Russia invest heavily in the aerospace industry. This, in turn, is anticipated to fuel the demand for elastomeric gaskets during the forecast period.
- Advancements made in the aerospace engineering is another key factor augmenting the aerospace industry and, thereby, the elastomeric gaskets market
- Elastomeric gaskets are used in the aerospace industry in applications such as wing seals including flap, slat, aileron, and spoil; engine nacelle seals including fire barrier seals; and airframe seals including door, window, pylon, molded plate, fairing, hatch, and panel
- Advancements in the defense sector are anticipated to fuel the demand for elastomeric gaskets during the forecast period. Military applications of elastomeric gaskets include truck beds, underwater tanks for transport and shock absorption, engine cowls, machine shops, weapon repair tables, and highly abrasion-resistant coverings.
Medical Device Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Increasing demand for packaging applications in the medical sector is estimated to offer lucrative opportunities to the global elastomeric gaskets market in the near future
- In the medical sector, demand for EMI-shielded elastomeric gaskets is on the rise. EMI-shielded gaskets protect medical devices from electromagnetic radiation. Protection offered by elastomeric gaskets enables medical devices and units to function harmoniously with electrically conductive gasket materials.
- Other emerging applications of elastomeric gaskets in the medical sector are use in operating rooms, transdermal drug deliveries, medical tapes, and lid sealing for units containing bio-medical waste.
Issues related to Performance of Elastomeric Gaskets at High Temperatures
- Issues related to performance of elastomeric gaskets, especially at high temperatures, are anticipated to hamper the global elastomeric gaskets market during the forecast period
- Failure of the head gasket, in an overheating engine, primarily due to a clogged radiator is one of the major issues faced by the automotive industry
- In oil & gas applications, if an elastomeric gasket fails to function, it may lead to mixing of coolants and oil. This can negatively affect the functioning of engine bearings.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Elastomeric Gaskets Market here
Asia Pacific to Hold a Significant Share of Global Elastomeric Gaskets Market
- In terms of region, the global elastomeric gaskets market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for a prominent share of the global elastomeric gaskets market in the near future, owing to growth of industrial and automotive sectors in the region
- In countries such as China and India, elastomeric gaskets are widely consumed in the building & construction industry. Also, these gaskets are gaining traction in the automotive & transportation sector, for use in a wide range of applications such as installation of windscreen frames and water shield sealing to protect automotive interiors from moisture, shock vibration, corrosion, and thermal stress.
Key Players Operating in Market
The global elastomeric gaskets market is moderately concentrated, with the top manufacturers accounting for a major market share. Prominent players operating in the global elastomeric gaskets market seek to enter into partnerships for the development of new applications of elastomeric gaskets.
Key players operating in the global elastomeric gaskets market include:
- TECHNETICS GROUP
- STOCKWELL ELASTOMERICS, INC
- STOCKWELL ELASTOMERICS, INC
- Boyd Corporation
- Hoosier Gasket Corporation
Global Elastomeric Gaskets Market: Research Scope
Global Elastomeric Gaskets Market, by Material
- Silicone Foam
- Silicone Sponge
- Cellular Urethane
Global Elastomeric Gaskets Market, by Technology
- Injection Molding
- Die Cutting
- Compression Molding
- Hand Fabrication
- Others (Including Precision Grinding, and Rubber-to-Metal Bonding)
Global Elastomeric Gaskets Market, by End-user
- Building & Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
- Others (Including Industrial)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.