Dry Film Lubricants: Introduction
- Dry film lubricants reduce friction between two sliding surfaces, while functioning at high operating pressure and temperature without the need for oils and greases. These lubricants offer long-lasting lubrication, protection from corrosion, and resistance to wear and tear.
- Dry film lubricants can operate at temperatures of up to 350°C in oxidizing environments and up to 1100°C in non-oxidizing environments. These lubricants are made from materials such as Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), boron nitride, graphite, molybdenum disulfide (MoS2), and tungsten disulfide. Molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) is the common material used for making dry film lubricants.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Dry Film Lubricants Market
- Dry film lubricants are extensively employed in automobile and manufacturing industries
- Major manufacturers have started setting up production bases in India, led by initiatives such as ‘Make in India’ by the Government of India. This has resulted in rapid industrialization, thereby boosting the demand for dry film lubricants in various heavy industries and the automobile sector. However, regulations imposed on perfluorooctanoic acid and perfluorooctane sulfonate, which are used in emulsion polymerization of polytetrafluoroethylene, are estimated to hamper the PTFE based dry film lubricants market in the near future.
Dry Film Lubricants Market: Segments
- The dry film lubricants market can be segmented based on material and end-use industry
- Based on material, the global dry film lubricants market can be divided into polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), molybdenum disulfide (MoS2), tungsten disulfide, boron nitride, and graphite. Molybdenum disulfide can offer a low coefficient of friction of up to 0.05. It is thermally stable up to 404°C in an oxidizing environment. Molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) is ideal for high-pressure applications such as hydraulics, gears, fasteners, acme screws, threaded joints, and anchor bolts. Molybdenum disulfide (MoS2) is often used in different automobile systems such as constant-velocity joint, steering linkage, wheel bearing, pedal shafts, ball joints, and control arms.
- In terms of end-use industry, the global dry film lubricants market can be segregated into automobile, transportation, heavy industries, marine, defense, and others. Graphite-based dry film lubricants are used in ball bearings, railway track joints, brass instrument valves, gearboxes, transmission components, etc.
COVID-19 Impact on Dry Film Lubricants Market
- Emergence of the new COVID strain in many developed and developing countries has adversely affected the health care infrastructure. Hospital staff, medicines, oxygen beds, and ventilators are in short supply. Supply chains are facing disruptions, leading to disturbances in production activities in many countries. This is hampering the global dry film lubricants market.
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Dry Film Lubricants Market
- In terms of geography, the global dry film lubricants market can be classified into North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East & Africa
- Demand for dry film lubricants is likely to increase significantly in Asia Pacific during the forecast period, owing to the rise in demand for these lubricants in automobile and manufacturing industries in the region. India and China manufacture approximately 50% of cars in the world. As a result, these countries consume approximately 35% to 40% of dry film lubricants used for automobiles globally. Major automobile manufacturers such as Kia, Daimler, Audi, Jeep, and Volvo have established manufacturing bases or are planning to start new facilities in Asia Pacific. The region is expected to offer substantial opportunities to the dry film lubricants market due to the rapid growth in industrialization.
- North America is yet another potentially lucrative region, fueled by several government initiatives to support research on the dry film lubricants market. A number of start-up companies in the region have made a foray into the dry film lubricants market.
- The dry film lubricants market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Dry Film Lubricants Market
- The global dry film lubricants market was consolidated in 2021. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global dry film lubricants market include:
- Whitmore Manufacturing Company
- BECHEM Lubrication Technology
- OKS Specialty Lubricants LLC
- ASV Multichemie Pvt., Ltd
- GMM Coatings Pvt., Ltd.
- Endura Coatings
- Harves Co., Ltd.
- Vitracoat America Inc.
- Whitford Corporation
- DOW Corning
- The Chemours Company
- Poeton Industries Limited
Global Dry Film Lubricants Market: Research Scope
Global Dry Film Lubricants Market, by Material
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE)
- Molybdenum Disulfide (Mos2)
- Tungsten Disulfide
- Boron Nitride
Global Dry Film Lubricants Market, by End-use Industry
- Heavy Industries
Global Dry Film Lubricants Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.