Diisobutylene Market: Overview
- Diisobutylene is an isomeric compound. It is a liquid mixture containing two isomers: 2,4,4-trimethyl-pentene-1 and 2,4,4-trimethyl-pentene-2. Diisobutylene is a colorless compound that has a flashpoint of 10°F. It has an odor akin to aromatic gasoline.
- Diisobutylene is produced by the reaction of isobutylene with tertiary butyl alcohol in the presence of sulfonic acid
- Diisobutylene is used as a chemical intermediate in many industries including lubricant additives, rubber chemicals, and coatings. It is used in the polymer industry due to its chemical stability and high compatibility.
- It is also employed as a co-monomer in the production of elastomers, polycarbonate resins, and hydrocarbon resins
- Other applications of diisobutylene include production of isononyl derivative and octylphenol
Growth in Automobile and Refinery Industries to Drive Diisobutylene Market
- Rise in demand for diisobutylene in automobile and refinery industries is expected to boost the diisobutylene market during the forecast period. Increase in expenditure in downstream industries has been driving the global diisobutylene market.
- Growth in focus on reducing the cost of fuel in the automotive industry is also driving the demand for diisobutylene. Diisobutylene is used as an additive in two-stroke engine, which does not produce any harmful gases while burning, thus ensuring in low soot deposition.
- Diisobutylene offers electrical insulation, high tensile strength, and low gas permeability. This is also boosting its consumption in various end-use industries.
- The diisobutylene market is labor intensive and has various technology barriers. Volatile prices of crude oil and recession in the automotive industry are expected to hamper the diisobutylene market during the forecast period
- Diisobutylene market is facing supply-demand issues due to the industrial shutdown caused by the COVID 19 outbreak. COVID-19 pandemic has directly affected the demand and production of diisobutylene by disrupting the downstream supply chain. Disruption in supply of raw materials is projected to hamper operations of companies. Supply shortage also results in an increase in prices of raw materials of diisobutylene.
- The industrial shutdown has also adversely impacted product and inventory transportation, as logistic services have been hampered. These factors are expected to restrain the market in the near future.
95%-98% Grade Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on grade, the global diisobutylene market can be segmented into below 95%, 95%-98%, and above 98%
- The 95%-98% segment is anticipated to dominate the market during the forecast period. The segment is estimated to offer lucrative opportunities during the forecast period.
Lubricants Application Segment to Provide Significant Opportunities
- Based on application, the diisobutylene market can be divided into stabilizers, lubricants, silicones, oxidation inhibitors, anti-wear additives, rubber, and others
- The lubricants segment is expected to offer lucrative opportunities during the forecast period
- Diisobutylene is used in the production of octylated diphenylamine, octylphenol resins, and isononyl derivatives, which are used in the production of automobile tires
North America to Constitute Significant Share of Global Diisobutylene Market
- In terms of region, the global diisobutylene market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global diisobutylene market in 2019, due to the presence of key manufacturers as well as consumers in the region. Presence of a well-established automotive industry is driving the market in the region.
- The market in Europe regions has been expanding at a steady pace. Diisobutylene offers bright potential as it is an important raw material in chemical synthesis.
- China has been investing substantially in R&D and production capacity expansion. The market in South Asia is expected to witness steady growth owing to the expansion in the automotive industry and rise in industrialization in the region.
Key Players in Market
The global diisobutylene market is moderately fragmented with the presence of several regional and global manufacturers. Prominent players operating in the market are adopting different strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, and product launches to maintain their leading position. Key players are investing in technological developments in order to maintain their leading position.
Prominent players operating in the global diisobutylene market include:
- TPC Group
- INEOS Oligomer
- Maruzen Petrochemical
- Zibo JinLin Chemical
- Evonik Industries
- Shandong Huachao Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Huajiang Chemical
- FUJIFILM Wako Pure Chemicals
Global Diisobutylene Market: Research Scope
Global Diisobutylene Market, by Grade
- Below 95%
- Above 98%
Global Diisobutylene Market, by Application
- Oxidation Inhibitors
- Anti-wear Additives
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.