Global Antiozonants Market: Introduction
- Antiozonants have the ability to avert or reverse oxidation caused due to ozone. Ozone reacts with rubber and deteriorates rubber or other forms of elastomers. Antiozonants act as additives that protect elastomers from fatigue caused due to exposure to atmospheric ozone.
- Elastomeric materials tend to become brittle and develop cracks with consistent exposure to ozone. Antiozonants are likely to witness notable demand in the near future, due to their ability to overcome damage caused by ozone.
- Antiozonants are applied only on the surface of the rubber for its protection from ozone cracking, as ozone attacks primarily occur at the surface of the rubber
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Antiozonants Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Antiozonants Market
- Rubber is used to manufacture a variety of products including tires, mats, belts, hoses, and gloves. Demand for tires with increased resistance to ozone, heat, and mechanical stress is likely to drive the demand for antiozonants between 2019 and 2027.
- Ozone gas can occur naturally or it can generate during electric discharge caused by sparking or corona discharge. Ozone is produced due to the action of sunlight on volatile organic compounds (VOCs), such as gasoline vapor, present in the air. Rise in the demand for ozone-resistant rubbers, which have been pre-treated to inhibit ozone cracking, is anticipated to augment the global antiozonants market during the forecast period.
- Machines such as compressors, which consist of moving parts made of rubber and serve the purpose of insulating the material, may hold the static electricity buildup within them, which poses a risk of ozone cracking to them
- Antiozonants belong to the anti-degradants class of rubber-processing chemicals. Antiozonants is projected to be the key segment of the global rubber processing chemicals industry between 2019 and 2027.
- The global antiozonants market is monitored by a stringent regulatory framework. Antiozonants should essentially be economical and they should have lower or no toxicity. Several regulatory bodies, including the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) and National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP), monitor the market.
Anti-ozone Waxes and PPD Derivatives to be Key Product Segments
- Based on product, the global antiozonants market can be divided into anti-ozone waxes, paraphenylene diamine (PPD) derivatives, ethylene diurea (EDU), and others
- The anti-ozone waxes segment is anticipated to hold a major market share during the forecast period. Anti-ozone waxes serve as low-cost antiozonants. Wax is capable to flow to the surface of the rubber and form a protective layer on it. Regular chemical antiozonants usually comprise microcrystalline wax or the blend of paraffin and microcrystalline waxes.
- Paraphenylene diamines (PPDs) work as primary antioxidants and they are regarded as the most powerful variant of chemical antiozonants. The PPD derivatives prevalent in used include PPD Type I (N, N’-dialkyl-p-phenylenediamine), PPD Type II (N-alkyl-N’-aryl-p-phenylenediamine), and PPD Type III (N, N’-diaryl-p-phenylenediamine).
- PPDs are effective antiozonants found in natural rubber and polyisoprene, as they are only moderately soluble in these rubbers and they can migrate to the rubber surface to provide good ozone protection. PPDs are extensively used in belts, tires, and extruded and molded rubber products including antiozonants and anti-flex cracking agents. However, owing to their characteristics such as staining and discoloring, PPDs are not preferred in white or colored products.
- Manufacturers are engaged in developing highly efficient product variants to meet the surging demand for antiozonants. For instance, the FLEXZONE 4L antiozonant offered by SI Group, Inc. provides exceptional initial static protection; protects rubber from oxygen degradation; offers anti-flex cracking protection; and features lower discoloration than PPD.
Significant Growth Potential for Use in Tire as well as Non-tire Applications
- Based on application, the global antiozonants market can be divided into: tire and non-tire
- Oxidation or ozonation of rubber can be slowed down considerably with the addition of antiozonants. These are chemicals that scavenge and neutralize the ‘oxy’ radicals before they auto-catalyze the polymer.
- Antiozonants are expected to witness rising demand in the automotive industry for use in tire applications in the next few years. The prevailing issue of ozone cracking in sidewalls of automobile tires can be prevented by adding antiozonants to the rubber before vulcanization.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Antiozonants Market, ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Antiozonants
- In terms of region, the global antiozonants market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to constitute a leading share of the global antiozonants market during the forecast period. Demand for antiozonants in the region primarily comes from rapidly expanding economies including China, Indonesia, India, and Malaysia.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global antiozonants market include:
- SI Group, Inc.
- Eastman Chemical Company
- NOCIL LIMITED
- Akrochem Corporation
- Kerax Ltd
- The International Group, Inc.
- Alpine Chemie
- PMC Group, Inc.
- DOG Chemie
Global Antiozonants Market: Research Scope
Global Antiozonants Market, by Product
- Anti-ozone Waxes
- Paraphenylene Diamine (PPD) Derivatives
- Ethylene Diurea (EDU)
- Others (Including Ethoxyquin)
Global Antiozonants Market, by Application
Global Antiozonants Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.