Global Antiozonants Market: Introduction
- Antiozonants have the ability to avert or reverse oxidation caused due to ozone. Ozone reacts with rubber and deteriorates rubber or other forms of elastomers. Antiozonants act as additives that protect elastomers from fatigue caused due to exposure to atmospheric ozone.
- Elastomeric materials tend to become brittle and develop cracks with consistent exposure to ozone. Antiozonants are likely to witness notable demand in the near future, due to their ability to overcome damage caused by ozone.
- Antiozonants are applied only on the surface of the rubber for its protection from ozone cracking, as ozone attacks primarily occur at the surface of the rubber
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Antiozonants Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Antiozonants Market
- Rubber is used to manufacture a variety of products including tires, mats, belts, hoses, and gloves. Demand for tires with increased resistance to ozone, heat, and mechanical stress is likely to drive the demand for antiozonants between 2019 and 2027.
- Ozone gas can occur naturally or it can generate during electric discharge caused by sparking or corona discharge. Ozone is produced due to the action of sunlight on volatile organic compounds (VOCs), such as gasoline vapor, present in the air. Rise in the demand for ozone-resistant rubbers, which have been pre-treated to inhibit ozone cracking, is anticipated to augment the global antiozonants market during the forecast period.
- Machines such as compressors, which consist of moving parts made of rubber and serve the purpose of insulating the material, may hold the static electricity buildup within them, which poses a risk of ozone cracking to them
- Antiozonants belong to the anti-degradants class of rubber-processing chemicals. Antiozonants is projected to be the key segment of the global rubber processing chemicals industry between 2019 and 2027.
- The global antiozonants market is monitored by a stringent regulatory framework. Antiozonants should essentially be economical and they should have lower or no toxicity. Several regulatory bodies, including the Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) and National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP), monitor the market.
Anti-ozone Waxes and PPD Derivatives to be Key Product Segments
- Based on product, the global antiozonants market can be divided into anti-ozone waxes, paraphenylene diamine (PPD) derivatives, ethylene diurea (EDU), and others
- The anti-ozone waxes segment is anticipated to hold a major market share during the forecast period. Anti-ozone waxes serve as low-cost antiozonants. Wax is capable to flow to the surface of the rubber and form a protective layer on it. Regular chemical antiozonants usually comprise microcrystalline wax or the blend of paraffin and microcrystalline waxes.
- Paraphenylene diamines (PPDs) work as primary antioxidants and they are regarded as the most powerful variant of chemical antiozonants. The PPD derivatives prevalent in used include PPD Type I (N, N’-dialkyl-p-phenylenediamine), PPD Type II (N-alkyl-N’-aryl-p-phenylenediamine), and PPD Type III (N, N’-diaryl-p-phenylenediamine).
- PPDs are effective antiozonants found in natural rubber and polyisoprene, as they are only moderately soluble in these rubbers and they can migrate to the rubber surface to provide good ozone protection. PPDs are extensively used in belts, tires, and extruded and molded rubber products including antiozonants and anti-flex cracking agents. However, owing to their characteristics such as staining and discoloring, PPDs are not preferred in white or colored products.
- Manufacturers are engaged in developing highly efficient product variants to meet the surging demand for antiozonants. For instance, the FLEXZONE 4L antiozonant offered by SI Group, Inc. provides exceptional initial static protection; protects rubber from oxygen degradation; offers anti-flex cracking protection; and features lower discoloration than PPD.
Significant Growth Potential for Use in Tire as well as Non-tire Applications
- Based on application, the global antiozonants market can be divided into: tire and non-tire
- Oxidation or ozonation of rubber can be slowed down considerably with the addition of antiozonants. These are chemicals that scavenge and neutralize the ‘oxy’ radicals before they auto-catalyze the polymer.
- Antiozonants are expected to witness rising demand in the automotive industry for use in tire applications in the next few years. The prevailing issue of ozone cracking in sidewalls of automobile tires can be prevented by adding antiozonants to the rubber before vulcanization.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Antiozonants Market, ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Antiozonants
- In terms of region, the global antiozonants market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to constitute a leading share of the global antiozonants market during the forecast period. Demand for antiozonants in the region primarily comes from rapidly expanding economies including China, Indonesia, India, and Malaysia.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global antiozonants market include:
- SI Group, Inc.
- Eastman Chemical Company
- NOCIL LIMITED
- Akrochem Corporation
- Kerax Ltd
- The International Group, Inc.
- Alpine Chemie
- PMC Group, Inc.
- DOG Chemie
Global Antiozonants Market: Research Scope
Global Antiozonants Market, by Product
- Anti-ozone Waxes
- Paraphenylene Diamine (PPD) Derivatives
- Ethylene Diurea (EDU)
- Others (Including Ethoxyquin)
Global Antiozonants Market, by Application
Global Antiozonants Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.