The materials used on windows to transmit light and enable partial thermal radiation to pass through are known as advanced glazing materials. The developments in glass industry have led to the growing use of coating technology by forming a thin molecular coat or by laminating a film onto a glass surface. The coatings have enhanced the properties of the glass. The thermal performance of a window can be established depending on the glazing material used on its surface. The advanced glazing materials are categorized on different factors such as transparency, material used, and cross section of the elements.
Advanced glazing materials are segmented depending on their adopted physical characteristics and the area of application. They are segmented as regular transparent glass, double glazing, absorbing glass, dark glass, reflective glass, polycarbonate, double polycarbonate with air space, corrugated fiber glass, and acrylic sheets. The construction and automobile sectors are the key end-user industries for advanced glazing materials. Regular transparent glass is largely used in south-facing windows and greenhouses as it permits a large portion of visible light and solar radiation striking it to pass through. Double or triple glazing material contains two or three glass sheets with space in between or filled with gas or air. The thickness of the glass and the space between the glass sheets limits the amount of radiation allowed to penetrate and the thermal conductivity of the composite systems. Absorbing glass type of glazing permits nearly eighty per cent of light to enter but transmits only a small quantity of the total solar radiation of different wavelengths. Reflective glass type of glazing material is used in the buildings where no penetration of solar radiation is required such as the buildings that are facing westwards or regions which have a hot climate throughout the year. Polycarbonate material is physically hard, permits penetration of light, and heats up comparatively lesser than glass. Acrylic sheets are similar to that of plastics but less fragile as compared to glass; their deterioration is comparatively faster since exposure to ultraviolet radiation or abrasion caused by the sand and dust in desert accelerates its deterioration.
The construction sector accounts for a major share and acts as a key market driver for the advance glazing material market. Due to high customer preference towards aesthetically appealing structures, the demand for glazed glasses is growing globally, consequently creating a huge market demand for advanced glazing materials in the construction sector. In the automobile sector, glazing materials play a vital role as windows are a key structural part of the vehicle and contribute to the visibility. Laminated glass holds the glass particles together when shattered and hence, it is used in vehicles from a safety point of view in the event of accidents.
Globally, the advanced glazing market is segmented in five regions, namely, Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Europe accounts for a major market share of advanced glazing materials, followed by North America and Asia Pacific. The growing construction sector in regions such as Asia Pacific is forecasted to create a large market for advanced glazing materials. Adaptation of products with high price-performance index is growing in North America and Europe, and the penetration of advanced glazing materials in Asia Pacific is anticipated to boost the market demand for them in the next few years. The growing automotive sector in developing economies is all set to propel the demand for advanced glazing material as forecasted.
Some of the companies operating in the global advanced glazing materials market are Saint-Gobain, AGC group, Corning Inc., NSG group, Kyocera Corp, RHI AG, SCHOTT AG, and Morgan Advanced Materials among others.
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.