Ultrasonic (Ultrasound) Spirometers Market: Introduction
- Spirometer is an apparatus that measures the capacity of lungs. It is used to perform pulmonary function tests (PFT). The device specifically measures volume and speed (flow) of air inhaled and exhaled by lungs during breathing.
- The first patent for an ultrasonic flowmeter was made in the 1970s; however, it wasn’t until the 1990s that the first ultrasonic spirometers came to market.
- Spirometers are helpful in assessing respiratory disorders such as asthma, emphysema, and bronchitis by inspecting ventilation, i.e., obstructive and restrictive patterns of a lung. The airflow is measured by ultrasonic waves and Doppler effect technology.
- Recent advancements in sensor technology for ultrasonic spirometers enable the device to be optimized for home monitoring. Ultrasonic flow metering enables the manufacture of easy-to-use and low-maintenance spirometers.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Ultrasonic (Ultrasound) Spirometers Market
- Increase in preference for home-based diagnostic tools, efficient monitoring of pulmonary functions by ultrasound spirometers, and rise in prevalence of respiratory diseases such as asthma across the globe are likely to fuel the global ultrasonic spirometers market during the forecast period
- According to the Forum of International Respiratory Societies (FIRS), total of 235 million people are suffering from asthma. Approximately, 10 million people develop tuberculosis, annually, out of which 1.4 million die every year. Hence, a rise in prevalence of respiratory disorders is a key factor driving the global ultrasonic spirometers market.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), nearly 200 million people are suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), of which 65 million are moderate to severe cases. Around 3 million people die annually, making it the third-leading cause of death across the world. Increase in cases of COPD is anticipated to boost the global ultrasonic spirometers market.
- However, lack of awareness about technological advancements in spirometers in developing countries and reimbursement issues for ultrasonic spirometers in some countries are projected to restrain the global ultrasonic spirometers market during the forecast period
North America to Lead Global Ultrasonic (Ultrasound) Spirometers Market
- In terms of region, the global ultrasonic spirometers market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global ultrasonic spirometers market, attributed to an increase in strategic operations of key manufacturers in the U.S. and Canada and rise in per capita expenditure of the population on healthcare
- Emergence of local & regional manufacturers for ultrasonic spirometers in Europe is expected to augment the market in the region during the forecast period
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period due to a rise in adoption of digital connectivity in diagnostic equipment, cost-efficient design of ultrasonic spirometers, and efficient integration in hospital information systems
- The market in Latin America and the Middle East is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period, owing to rising awareness about the availability of several respiratory care therapeutic and monitoring devices and rising geriatric population in these regions
- Economic development in countries in Africa is very slow; hence, the market is likely to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Ultrasonic (Ultrasound) Spirometers Market
Key players operating in the global Ultrasonic (ultrasound) spirometers market are:
- NDD Medical Technologies
- Henry Schein, Inc.
- Meditech Equipment Co., Ltd.
- SCHILLER AG
- Welch Allyn
- GE Healthcare
- Uscom Ltd.
- Contec Medical Systems Co., Ltd.
- Midmark Corp.
- Inofab Health
- Cubic Sensor and Instrument Co., Ltd.
Global Ultrasonic (Ultrasound) Spirometers Market: Research Scope
Global Ultrasonic (Ultrasound) Spirometers Market, by Type
- Hand Held
- Table Top
Global Ultrasonic (Ultrasound) Spirometers Market, by Technology
- Volume Measurement
- Flow Measurement
- Peak Flow Measurement
Global Ultrasonic (Ultrasound) Spirometers Market, by End-use
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Homecare Settings
Global Ultrasonic (Ultrasound) Spirometers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.